In 2020, the World faced a pandemic in the form of Covid-19, as a result, studies related to other medical issues such as Herpes, got side-tracked and not paid much attention to.
What is Herpes?
Herpes is a viral infection which has two variants, HSV1 and HSV2. These variants are responsible for causing HSV infection. Herpes is mainly a sexually transmitted viral infection, but it can also be inherited from an infected mother to child during pregnancy. Herpes is the second most common viral infection after the common cold. It affects both men and women. It is a very contagious infection which can spread by direct contact with lesions or sores even when you do not have any sores. It also increases the risk of contracting other infections like HIV. Thus, we would want to inform you that no one can ignore Herpes infections whether they currently have symptoms or not.
Ayurvedic View on Herpes
Herpes is also called as visarpa or parisarpa in Ayurvedic science. According to Ayurveda, there are three energies or doshas in our body- vata, pitta and kapha. These energies are responsible for the good health of an individual. Any imbalance even in one of these energies may lead to health issues. In Herpes, all these three energies or doshas and seven dhatus are vitiated in the body. This vitiation in energies may be due to various factors such as poor eating habits and lifestyle, lack of exercise, consumption of various medicines for a longer period of time, etc. Visarpa can be classified on the basis of these vitiated energies as vataja, pittaja, kaphaja, agni visarpa, tridoshaja, granthi visarpa and kardama visarpa. Symptoms are manifested according to the doshas or dhatus affected.
You may remain asymptomatic and not have any symptoms for years in spite of being infected with herpes. However, few others can exhibit the below symptoms:
- Oral herpes: It is mainly caused by HSV1. Oral herpes shows the below symptoms:
i) Red fluid-filled blisters on the mouth, lips, and tongue
ii) Excruciating pain
iv) Pain and difficulty while swallowing
vi) Difficulty in eating
- Genital Herpes: It is mostly caused by HSV2. It shows the below symptoms:i) Red fluid-filled blisters around the genital area. These blisters burst open to form sores
ii) Pain while passing stools if the blisters are present in the anal region
v) Painful urination
vi) Body ache
Signs and Symptoms related to Ayurvedic belief of Doshas and Dhatus:
- Vataja- Vitiation of vata causes vataja. It is characterized by burning in eyes, fever, pain, malaise, giddiness, loss of appetite, indigestion, cough, and cramps.
- Pittaja- The vitiation of pitta causes pittaja. It is characterized by red lesions that are fast spreading and fever.
- Kaphaja- The vitiation of kapha causes kaphaja. It is characterized by stiffness, heaviness, and fever.
- Agni visarpa- Vitiation of vata and pitta causes agni visarpa. It is characterized by dizziness, vomiting, indigestion, loss of appetite, increased thirst, and fever.
- Granthi visarpa- The vitiation of vata and kapha causes granthi visarpa. It is difficult to cure and may lead to glandular enlargements associated with suppuration.
- Kardama visarpa- It usually affects the stomach causing yellow-colored eruptions. It spreads slowly.
- Tridoshaja- It is caused due to vitiation of all the three doshas. This type of herpes cannot be cured and it spreads rapidly.
Diagnosis of Herpes
The diagnosis can be made by the following:
- Doctor by examining the affected region
- Herpes PCR DNA test
- Antibody tests that look for IgG and IgM antibodies your body
What are the treatments for Herpes?
Conventional Treatment for Herpes
Conventional treatment for herpes consists of antivirals. However, these antiviral drugs fail miserably, and the virus lies dormant behind the blood-brain barrier where the immune system and antiviral drugs cannot reach. The virus also mutates itself into strains that are resistant or immune to antiviral drugs, thus antivirals have no effect on the infection. Furthermore, these antivirals medicines also have numerous side effects if taken regularly, therefore they are usually suggested only when you have an outbreak. When you take antivirals, the virus gets suppressed for a temporary period, again the virus blows up after an interval and again you need to take antiviral, and this never-ending cycle continues. Yet it is not a permanent cure as it may relapse anytime.
Alternatives for Herpes
Complementary natural care includes health sciences such as Ayurveda, Homeopathy, and Nutritional supplements that can give you a strong hope for living a better life with no side effects. Natural ingredients like hypericum mysorense, monolaurin, Prunella vulgaris, and Picrorhiza Kurroa among others have shown tremendous effects in clinical studies on boosting the immune system in Herpes patients. To learn more about our groundbreaking supplements consult one of our Doctors at https://www.biogetica.com/is-herpes-treatment-a-herpes-cure#herpes
Ayurvedic principle for Addressing Herpes
According to the traditional Ayurvedic principles, a herpes episode is manifested in the body due to vitiated pitta, vata doshas, in addition to the impurity of blood. There are two steps of addressing herpes in Ayurvedic science:
- Balancing doshas- This is done with dietary modifications and herbs. Dietary changes and herbs may help to detoxify the blood and lymph, flush off toxins and balance vitiated Vata and Pitta, and hence rejuvenate the underlying tissues. Know more on the Ayurvedic diet for Herpes at https://www.biogetica.com/is-herpes-treatment-a-herpes-cure#herpes-diet
- Rejuvenation of the body- Ayurvedic science believes that herpes not only affects a part but the entire body. Thus, rejuvenation of the body is essential using Rasayanas, once the doshas are balanced. Rejuvenation of the body may help to boost the immune system to fight the recurrent attacks of the disease.
Let us go through revolutionary studies on natural formulations:
- Hypericum Mysorense: The International Journal of Research in Ayurveda and Pharmacy has recently published research on an ayurvedic herbal combination called Hyperisince which combines Hypericum mysorense along with other herbs. According to this clinical research data, more than 76% of patients reported improvement, and over 80% of patients who took Biogetica Hyperisince for 4 months or more experienced long-term boosting of their immune system and it also helped to support the body’s natural nerve-calming processes.
[Source: Pdf link- https://ijrap.net/admin/php/uploads/1831_pdf.pdf, Html link- https://ijrap.net/index.php/login/abstractt?id=1831 ]
- Monolaurin: Monolaurin is a supplement that is now being recommended by the Canadian government for HIV and Herpes patients because it is traditionally believed to dissolve envelopes, thus making it easier for the immune system to fight back.[Source: https://www.catie.ca/ga-pdf.php?file=sites/default/files/mono.pdf ]
- Picrorhiza Kurroa: Research suggests that picrorhiza kurroa may be a potent immunostimulant.[Source: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/0378874186900255 ]
- Prunella vulgaris: It is a herb that is traditionally believed to address inflammatory conditions. Research shows that this herb may help boost immunity against certain infections.[Source: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0166354205001166 ]
Ayurvedic supplements along with an improved lifestyle, diet, and homeopathy can help all aspects of herpes. Biogetica combines Homeopathy, Ayurvedic herbs, and Dietary supplements to address the ailment as a whole and from its root cause. All the Biogetica supplements have traditional use of clinical research from Ayurveda and Homeopathy and are supported by modern studies and trials. If you are looking for a safe, natural, and effective solution for Herpes without any known side-effects, please contact one our doctors at https://www.biogetica.com/is-herpes-treatment-a-herpes-cure#herpes