Informed decisions are better decisions. Biogetica supports you in your right to know and choose. We are here to give natures medicines and whole person healing the respect it deserves and hope you will join us in this pertinent quest today.
When it comes to your health, there can be no compromises.** Which is why, to inform you better on various conditions, we have put together a knowledge base of research white papers from the best of practitioners in the field of natural therapies. These include ground breaking precedent setting research on our meticulously crafted products and research on the ingredients in them as well. Our entire product design and ingredient selection process is evidence based and we carefully study each possible ingredient before designing a kit that includes the best of what nature has to offer.
All of this research has been published in Peer reviewed medical journals after a stringent review process. Some of it is also hosted by on Pubmed.gov the US National Library of Medicine. It is beautiful to see that practitioners from all medical traditions are now beginning to realise the importance of nature in health and wellness. Pharmaceuticals may manage symptoms but they do precious little to rejuvenate our bodies and their organ systems. This is where natural health products come in and there is now ample evidence to show that nature plays a critical part in our wellbeing!
Please note: Biogetica presents the research as it is, without making any claims about the methods discussed. If you want more information on a particular condition, you might consider talking to your Doctor or one of ours.
- A study revealed proton pump inhibitors like Prilosec and other heartburn medicines cause an increased risk of kidney failure in the elderly.
- Several clinical studies have indicated that plant extracts may help maintain clear skin. Due to these properties, plant-based modalities are being extensively studied for acne especially since antibiotics and hormones usually applied to treat acne are often accompanied by severe side effects and drug resistance over a period of time.
- A clinical study showed that the extract of T.chebula (an ingredient in our kit) showed significant inhibition of the acne producing Propioni bacterium acnes strain.
- Nearly all the participants enrolled in an observational study to test a natural complex reported statistically significant improvement in the acne lesions. Thus, suggesting that the natural ingredient may potentially alleviate acne especially of the inflammatory kind.
- 75% out of 115 ADHD patients responded to natural treatments, reaching a clinical improvement rating of 73% and only 22% of the patient group needed additional treatment of Methylphenidate, the conventional drug in the treatment of ADHD. Moreover, no side effects were reported, which is a major concern for patients on conventional medicine for ADHD.
- A clinical trial to test the efficacy of Bacopa monnieri (included in our kit) on ADHD children reported that the extract of B monnieri potentially alleviated the symptoms of ADHD and was well-tolerated by the children.
- Heavy drinkers treated with a herb extract for 7 days showed significant reduction in alcohol consumption. The urge to drink also drastically reduced and no notable side effects were observed.
- Lab subjects treated with a natural complex caused significant reduction in alcohol intake after an oral treatment for 15 days. The results indicated that the natural tincture successfully induced increased aversion to alcohol on completion of the protocol.
- In an international multicenter, prospective, observational study, 82.6% of patients suffering from allergies responded to Natural Treatment as compared to 68% that responded to conventional medicines. Also, 22.3 % on conventional medicine reported adverse events versus 7.8% in the natural remedies group. The number of very satisfied patients was also higher in the natural treatment group.
- A prospective multicenter observational study on allergic patients reported that the given natural complex substantially improved symptoms of all the enrolled patients. 62% were able to discontinue at least one conventional medication, while the remaining 38% reported a dose reduction in at least one medication. No side effects were reported either.
- Patients reported significant positive changes in their allergic –specific symptoms and improved quality of life after taking a natural preparation for 4 weeks in a double-blind clinical trial comparing the natural preparation and a placebo. Moreover, subjects taking the test ingredient reported no adverse event during the trial period.
- Independent clinical investigations have reported that herbs possess active constituents that potentially stimulate hair growth, increase tenacity and retard apoptosis of cells in the hair follicles.
- 86.9% of Alopecia areata patients reported hair re-growth after applying a juice of Allium cepa L (an ingredient in our kit) for 6 weeks and the result was significantly higher among males (93.7%) compared to females (71.4%).
- Results of an In vivo investigation to study the effects of Bacopa monnieri (included in our kit) on Alzheimer’s disease indicated that the herb potentially improved cognitive functions and boosted nerve health.
- Several clinical studies have identified phytoestrogens in herbs that exhibit estrogenic and / or antiestrogenic effects, which potentially work to maintain a healthy menstrual cycle without the toxic side effects of conventional treatments like hormone replacement therapy (HRT). Researchers admit HRT increases the risk of cardiovascular diseases, stroke, osteoporosis, and even cancer.
- An In vitro examination to determine the effects of Daucus carota( an ingredient in our kit) on progesterone levels reported the extract causing a decrease in progesterone secretion. This decreasing effect on hormonal levels may benefit in normalizing alterations in menstrual function.
- A clinical evaluation of Ayurvedic preparations in a randomized non-blinded trial on iron deficiency anemic patients showed a clinically significant increase in all the blood parameters after 30 days. Moreover, the Ayurvedic preparations were well tolerated as compared to Conventional treatment with iron salts, which is associated with various side effects like heartburn, nausea, upper gastric discomfort, constipation and diarrhoea in the patients.
- Of the 219 anemic adolescents included in the study protocol, the ones given individual Ferrum phos 3X doses (included in our kits) and its combination with constitutional natural remedies showed statistically significant increase in hemoglobin levels.
- A clinical study of a herbal extract showed 97% inhibition of collagenase activity and 64% inhibition of elastase activity, which indicates good efficacy of the extract as an anti-wrinkle agent. Moreover, the bioactive compounds present in the herbs were found to remove free radicals from skin cells, prevent trans-epidermal water loss, and also have a sun protection factor to protect the skin from wrinkles, leading to glowing and healthy younger skin. [1, 2]
- Clinical investigations on Withania somnifera indicated that the herbal extract exerted significant anti-aging effects in normal healthy but aged subjects. Reports also showed the extract influencing positive changes on mental functions and memory. The findings indicated that the free radical scavenging effects of withania played a role owing to its anti-stress, immunomodulatory, nootropic, anti-inflammatory and anti-aging effects.
- A group of adult participants with generalized anxiety disorders displayed a significant reduction in their clinical anxiety scores after enrolling for a one-month herb regimen in the double-blinded trial conducted.
- In a double-blind, placebo-controlled study, all patients scheduled for surgery reported significantly lesser anxiety scores on the anxiety clinical scale after being administered oral Passiflora (an ingredient in our CP 30 – FACTOR) before surgery. The findings indicate that Passiflora incarnata as a premedication may reduce anxiety without inducing sedation.
- Another In vivo study comparing Passiflora with Diazepam reported that although both of the test substances displayed anxiolytic behavior, Passiflora had no adverse effects on the memory parameters of the lab subjects, whereas diazepam disrupted their memory process.
- All the physical and biochemical changes observed in clinical subjects suffering from Arthritis were altered to near normal conditions after being put on an oral ayurvedic formulation. Moreover, the formulation also showed a potent inhibitory effect on the enzymes that contributed significantly to cartilage degradation.
- 87% of the osteoarthritic patients enrolled in an open, multicenter trial of a natural preparation were satisfied with the remedy and 76% stated they would use it again. In fact, almost all the patients of the trial reported significant reduction in pain, stiffness and functional disability after applying it topically for 6 weeks. Moreover, the formulation was reported safe and well tolerated with only 7.6% reporting side effects.
- 70 % of asthmatic patients enrolled in a double-blinded trial reported significant improvement in all asthmatic complaints after being on an Ayurvedic formulation for 6 weeks. The results are promising, especially as conventional asthmatic treatments only suppress symptoms and cause an array of side effects in the body.
- 78% of the 1773 asthmatic patients given an ayurvedic formulation in a clinical study rated the efficacy as excellent, very good or good and 75% of the patients reported the tolerability of the formulation as excellent, very good or good.
- Both In vitro and In vivo studies on a polyherbal formulation highlighted that the herbal blend potentially prevented atherosclerosis by inhibiting key inflammatory mediators and enzyme-mediated LDL oxidation.
- An In vivo study to determine the anti-atherogenic activity of Terminalia arjuna (an ingredient in our kit) on hypercholesterolemic subjects reported that the herb significantly decreased levels of bad cholesterol, increased HDL and lessened atherosclerotic lesions.
- All the patients of the trial infected with the human pathogenic fungi causing Tinea pedis (Athlete’s foot), Tinea corporis or Tinea cruris, showed significant improvement in their condition after topically applying a broad spectrum herbal oil, and 60% of them reported being completely free from the infection. None of the patients in the study reported a relapse when re-examined.
- Several in vitro and in vivo clinical studies have reported that nitric acid (homeopathic nitric acidum) exhibits considerable antimicrobial activity against bacteria, yeast, fungi and viruses The antifungal activity of the preparation is attributed to its ability to inhibit microbial proliferation. So, clinical evidence collected has highlighted that a 20-min treatment with nitric oxide-releasing solution (NORS) may be sufficient to eradicate fungi associated with Athlete’s Foot.
- A randomized double-blind study showed 60% of the patients being free from back pain after using a Herbal extract for 4 weeks. In contrast, only 6 % of the control group found relief with significant number of patients requiring rescue medication to relieve pain.
- Clinical studies to evaluate the efficacy of ayurvedic plant extracts have reported that the test herbs possess biologically active phytoconstituents, which help improve weak musculature and tone of bladder muscles, control involuntary urination and improve the flow of urine during micturition. Moreover, these herbs showed excellent results when combined with psychological treatment.
Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy
- Published clinical data from 2262 patients during the last 25 years shows that Pygeum Bark Extract (contained in our Prostate Complex Formula) is an effective and exceptionally well-tolerated herb for mild and moderate symptomatic BPH. Moreover, the constituents of the extract also have a safe toxicological profile.
- Ayurvedic literature backed by scientific studies reveal that certain herbal extracts contain anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, astringent and cooling properties and have been studied for their effects on boils, skin infections, and other skin disorders. The evidence looks promising especially since commonly prescribed antibiotics and NSAIDS provide short-term relief but bring a host of debilitating side effects with them.
- 98% of Chronic Bronchitis cases were relieved of cough, wheezing, sputum and Bronchial Spasm with herbal preparations. The effective rate of easing Bronchial Spasms was twice that of other prescriptions!
- Patients given polyherbal formulations for Bursitis showed greater levels of Magnesium necessary for reducing inflammation of the joint fluid than those treated with modern Allopathic medicines that provide short-term relief but bring a host of debilitating side effects with them.
- In a clinical trial conducted, 60% percent of female patients given Ayurvedic herbs for Candidiasis were completely symptom free and the remaining 40% showed moderate improvement.
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS)
- All carpal tunnel syndrome patients awaiting surgery reported significant improvements in symptoms and pain relief on an application of a herbal cream for 21 days in the randomized, placebo-controlled clinical trial conducted.
- Clinical studies have shown that alkaloids and polysaccharides available in herbs have an inhibitory effect on cataract caused by oxidative damage.
- An In vivo study demonstrated that an ethanolic extract of C. maritima exhibited free radical scavenging activities and could possibly help in maintaining normal vision.
- A group of cellulitis patients that topically applied a combination of 10 herbs showed statistically significant reduction in pain, edema, erythema, tenderness and fever in the clinical study conducted.
- A group of patients suffering from cervical spondylosis treated with a herbal complex (oral and topical) along with fomentation for 7 days reported relief in nerve compression and improvement in most of the symptoms due to reduction in inflammation and spasm in a clinical set up.
- 73.44% of women with Chlamydia tested negative for the infection after being put on a herb regimen for 2 weeks.
- In a clinical study conducted, 102 obese individuals showed a significant reduction in lipid profile, improved metabolic parameters, and considerable weight loss after taking a plant extract for 10 weeks. The extract were well tolerated and did not induce any notable adverse events.
- Clinical research on lab subjects revealed that the test herb reversed stress parameters like despair behaviour, anxiety and decreased locomotor activity often seen in chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS). The results indicated that CFS may lead to oxidative stress that the plant extract mitigated owing to its antioxidant and anti-stress properties.
- Clinical subjects with chronic fatigue syndrome manifested as marked increase in immobility and heightened sensitivity to pain were put on an ayurvedic regimen to evaluate its therapeutic properties. The results suggested a marked decrease in the immobility and pain parameters indicating that the ayurvedic extract can serve as a valuable option in alleviating CFS.
Cirrhosis Of The Liver
- An In vivo examination to determine the efficacy of Phyllanthus niruri (included in our kit) against liver diseases reported that the extract potentially offered extensive protection to the liver and greatly benefitted it owing to the herb’s innate rejuvenative and adaptogenic properties.
- More than 80% of ulcerative colitis patients reported reduction in all their signs and symptoms after being put on an Ayurvedic formulation for a one-month period. Moreover, their dependence on steroids and other anti-inflammatory drugs reduced by 87.32%.
- 81.5% of conjunctivitis patients reported complete relief after administering Euphrasia rostkoviana Hayne (a constituent of our Eye 200 formula) eye drops for 14 days in the open label, multi-centered, multinational trial conducted. Moreover, none of the patients reported any serious adverse effects and the formulation was well tolerated.
- 93% of conjunctivitis patients reported more than 90% relief in symptoms while some of them indicated being totally symptom free, after they were given eye drops containing an ayurvedic formulation for 7 days in the clinical study conducted. Results also indicated that the test herb was devoid of any toxic effect and that it could safely substitute the modern management of infective conjunctivitis.
- 96.8 % of a group of constipated patients reported relief in their symptoms of functional constipation after being put on an ayurvedic formulation for 2 weeks in the clinical study conducted. The results suggest that the test extract is an effective, safe, and a non-habit-forming herbal laxative for the management of constipation.
- A pilot study evaluating a test herb’s efficacy on Crohn’s disease patients reported that the herb increased antioxidant levels in the body and potentially benefited the patients on all parameters with no side effects being reported.
- Clinical analysis on Cyperus rotundus L. (an ingredient in our kits) revealed that the extract possesses versatile therapeutic properties. It was screened for its use in urinary tract infections like cystitis and was found to be a potent antiandrogenic, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and anti-uropathogenic agent. [1, 2]
- Results from a double blind placebo controlled clinical trial confirmed the clinical efficacy of Ginkgo biloba in dementia of the Alzheimer type.
- Clinical studies on Bacopa monnieria extract showed significant improvement in mental control, logical memory and paired associated learning.
- Dementia patients put on a herb regimen for 4 weeks, in a randomized controlled trial, reported significant improvement in the behavioural and psychological symptoms of dementia and activities of daily living.
- Clinical testing of herbal extracts has indicated that plant extracts contain potent antimicrobial properties and can be effectively used to combat dental problems like cavities, toothaches, gum issues, and other problems related to the oral cavity.
- Clinical investigations have indicated that Triphala (included in our kits) demonstrates safe and effective purgative, expectorant, and tonic actions. It promotes health through purification and detoxification and may display strong anti-mutagenic activity because of its rich Vitamin C content.
- Research studies have indicated that the Z. officinale herb (included in our kit) possesses constituents that accelerate gastric emptying, affect intestinal motility by increasing the frequency or power of the contractions in the small intestine and inhibit intestinal fluid accumulation. The results also demonstrated that the herb probably affects both bacterial and host cell metabolism to exhibit its antidiarrhoeal action.
- Clinical evaluations have highlighted that herbs such as Melia azadirachta, Piper longum, Piper nigrum, and Zingiber officinale (included in our kits) potentially benefit various aspects of the digestive system, alleviate digestive disturbances, and optimize the digestion process.
- Patients with dysmenorrheal complaints given ayurvedic formulations showed statistically significant relief in the intensity of pain, and the successive cycles were less painful as compared to those treated with commonly prescribed NSAIDS. Moreover, none of the patients on the ayurvedic regimen reported any side effects.
- Clinical trials shows that ingredients of Tab takzema from our kit showed positive results in 88% of Eczema patients (PDF Format)
- Several Clinical studies have highlighted that Boerhaavia diffusa (an ingredient in our kit) possesses diuretic, anti-inflammatory, antifibrinolytic, anticonvulsant, antibacterial, anti-stress and hepato-protective properties. Due to the prevalence of diuretic and anti-inflammatory activities, this herb may benefit concerns such as edema.
- All of the 65 patients on a 6 week herb regimen clinical trial showed statistically significant improvement in their edema symptoms. The herbs were well tolerated with only 9% reporting mild adverse events.
- A study indicated that a medicinal plant extract was found to lessen cigarette smoke and elastase induced pulmonary inflammation and emphysema. Furthermore, the plant extract did not report any side effect even at high doses.
- An in vitro examination highlighted that plant nutrients showed significant reduction in cell growth and increased cell death within the lesions of untreated endometriosis surgically inducted in lab subjects.
- 60% from a group of clinically diagnosed erectile dysfunction patients, enrolled in a research study on a test herb, reported improved erection and significant improvement in the other test parameter scores like penetration and maintenance at the end of the study period.
- A group of patients suffering from uterine fibroids and experiencing symptoms like appetite loss, lower abdominal pain and menstrual bleeding problems reported that the test ayurvedic preparation successfully resolved the fibroid and also improved the other symptoms within 15 days.
- Numerous clinical studies have indicated that the ayurvedic Boswellia herb (included in our kits) improves blood supply to the joints and repairs blocked blood vessels, thereby improving mobility. Boswellia has also shown to effectively shrink inflamed tissue, the underlying cause of pain in many conditions.
- All the patients that completed the test natural protocol showed significantly greater improvements in fibromyalgia symptoms, demonstrating that individualized natural remedies may successfully lessen associated pain and improve the quality of life and overall health of fibromyalgia patients.
- In a clinical study, 105 patients suffering from locomotor disorders like fractures reported that the natural remedy applied twice daily alleviated muscle pain, swelling and overstrain, rejuvenated joint functions and improved disturbances involving the attachment of tendons or ligaments to bones. These results indicate that natural ingredients can be useful in augmenting bone joint conditions.
- 86% of patients having frozen shoulder problems reported relief in their complaints as well as significant improvement in flexibility and movement after being put on an ayurvedic regimen for barely 7 days. The results indicate that the ayurvedic extract possesses potent anti-inflammatory, and nerve tonic properties, and can be a useful alternative to conventional analgesic medicines that merely help in pain subsidence and have no nerve nourishing properties.
- Medical evidence suggests that the Phyllanthus niruri herb (included in our kit) is a versatile plant possessing several therapeutic properties. It may exhibit an inhibitory effect on renal stone formation; promote stone purging in patients as well as normalize Ca levels and can therefore be considered beneficial in conditions that lead to deposition of solid masses in the body.
- Gingivitis patients included in a randomized controlled study, and given a natural remedy for 6 months, showed clinically significant reductions in the severity of gingivitis, dental plaques and bleeding tendencies. Moreover, the formulation also exhibited antimicrobial and antifungal activity. The remedy was well tolerated without any noticeable adverse effects like abscesses, ulcerations or allergic reactions.
- 76% of a group of Gingivitis patients with periodontal complaints such as gingival swelling and bleeding, bad breath, receding gingiva, and abscess benefitted after being administered natural remedies for 6 weeks. The results indicate that natural remedies can be invaluable in reducing dental pain and alleviating periodontal/dental problems.
- Clinical subjects suffering from goiter showed higher levels of minerals and lesser damage to thyroid cells when administered iodine rich herbs as compared to those treated with synthetic iodine.
- The results are promising especially as other conventional hormone replacement therapies cause an array of side effects in the body.
- Qualitative analysis of 10 herbal extracts revealed the presence of bioactive compounds that successfully inhibited gonorrheal infection. The result is promising especially in view of the widespread emergence of gonorrhea strains resistant to the conventional antibiotic treatment employed for this condition.
- In a clinical trial conducted; patients suffering from gout and put on an ayurvedic formulation, showed highly significant improvements on all parameters of pain, swelling, redness, burning and itching. In addition, the study herb also successfully reduced uric acid levels in the body.
- In a study conducted, 0.03 % of Nano-Lipobelle DN CoQ10 (component of Anagrow) when applied to isolated hair follicles, enhanced follicular growth by 14% within 7 days.
- The hair growth initiation time on clinical subjects was significantly reduced to half on treatment with a 2% ethanol extract of a natural herb. They also exhibited greater number of hair follicles in the anagenic phase as compared to the minoxidil 2% solution used as positive control for comparison.
- 71% of hay fever patients reported 100% relief in sneezing, nasal discharge, nasal obstruction, and nasal itching after consuming an ayurvedic formulation for 8 weeks in a randomized double blind controlled trial. Moreover, the herb was well tolerated with no notable side effects.
- At the end of a 6 week protocol, 94% of hemorrhoids patients given a herb formulation reported a marked improvement in general health and gross reduction in associated symptoms. Moreover, no side effects were observed during the protocol and follow-up period.
- 75% of chronic hepatitis patients reported reversal of early cirrhosis after being put on a herb trial for 6 months. 82% in the precirrhotic stage reported relief of symptoms. Thus, indicating that herbs have great potential in diseased liver conditions.
- The Canadian Government recommends monolaurin to Herpes and HIV patients.
- Studies suggest that Potent Bio-energetic Imprints (such as 2L Herp) benefited 82% of Herpes cases.
- Independent studies conducted by the JSS college of pharmacy have shown that extracts of Hypericum mysorense demonstrated anti-viral activity in vitro.
- A recent study published in the peer reviewed “International Journal of Research in Ayurveda and Pharmacy” has shown that Hyperisince reduces: nerve pain, healing time of herpes outbreaks to one to three days, and the likelihood of future outbreaks. Over 76% of patients reported relief and over 80% of patients that took Hyperisince for 4 months or more never had another outbreak. These results are truly groundbreaking. A majority of patients rated Hyperisince 10 out of 10 and reported that the cold sore healing time and pain were lesser with Hyperisince than previously tried treatments such as Acyclovir.
- Various clinical studies state that Black cohosh (in our products) may serve as a good alternative to hormone replacement therapy in menopause; also, the herb has shown to benefit younger women with hormonal deficits.
- 69.39% of the women who were given herbs for high risk HPV were HPV DNA FREE after just 6 months, and only 26.53% of the women in the same 294 patient trial given the placebo were HPV DNA free.
- The Canadian Government has had the following to say about monolaurin.
- A clinical study demonstrated that the Rauwolfia serpentine extract helped lower systolic blood pressure in 85% of patients and diastolic blood pressure in 81% of patients.
- In a clinical study, T4-induced hyperthyroid subjects showed considerable reduction in the concentrations of serum thyroid hormones, with parallel increases in antioxidants after being treated with a herbal extract for 21 days. The results suggest potential use of the extract in hyperthyroidism, hyperglycemia, and hepatic lipid peroxidation.
- 85.94 % of the 162 thyroid patients given natural remedies in a randomized clinical trial had their serum TSH values declining bringing it within the normal range. On the other hand a fair number of participants in the control group given a placebo progressed to overt Hypothyroidism and this troubling fact stresses the importance of timely treatment.
- A clinical trial to assess the efficacy of glycyrrhizin (included in our kit) showed that the patients with infectious mononucleosis complicated liver impairment, given the test compound for 2 weeks in addition to their ongoing treatment reported better improvements in their symptoms, had improved liver functions and enhanced immunity as compared to the group just undergoing the normal treatment.
- A group of subfertile men given a natural remedy for 10.3 months, reported significant improvement in sperm density, percentage of sperm with good progressive motility, and density of sperm with good propulsive motility in the pilot study conducted.
- Comparative meta-analyses between traditional herbal extracts and western medicines revealed that management of female infertility with natural herbs could improve pregnancy rates 2-fold within a 3-6 month period as compared with Western medical fertility drug therapy. Moreover, the other fertility indicators were also positively influenced by herbal therapy; thus, indicating that herbs are effective in inducing a favourable environment for a viable pregnancy.
- Several clinical studies have highlighted that Valeriana officinalis possesses sleep inducing, anxiolytic, and tranquilizing properties. Moreover, the mild hypnotic effects of valerian have also shown to decrease sleep latency and improve sleep quality.
- A group of patients suffering from sleep onset insomnia, given Withania somnifera (included in our kits) reported a significant reduction in sleep latency and were able to fall asleep faster. Moreover, there were no side effects reported as compared to conventional hypnotics and sedatives that are notorious for the side effects they bring along.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- 86% of IBS patients reported complete relief in their condition after taking our Ojus tablet for 6 weeks. In fact, 94% of the patient group reported statistically significant reduction in their symptoms. Furthermore, the formulation was well tolerated and no notable side effects were reported.
- Numerous clinical investigations have highlighted that herbs such as Panax, Vitis vinifer, Stelechocarpus, and curcuma longa (infused in our kit) may protect the kidney from oxidative stress, toxicity, and damage from injurious elements.
- An In vivo evaluation reported that Tribulus terrestris (included in our kit) decreased renal epithelial damage, inflammation, and restored normal renal functioning.
- The qualitative phytochemical study of Boswellia Serrata highlighted the presence of anti-microbial, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, anti-asthmatic, and analgesic activities making the herb potentially valuable in alleviating conditions such as asthma, bronchitis, and laryngitis.
- 76% of a group of women suffering from leucorrhoea and other vaginal infections, instructed to apply a herbal cream locally for 7-10 days reported an easing of the associated symptoms like pruritus, burning, discharge, discomfort, edema, redness and ulceration in the randomized, double-blind clinical study conducted.
- 80% of the 629 patients given the C.racemosa (Black Cohosh herb included in our kits) reported complete disappearance of menopausal symptoms like hot flushes, palpitation, joint pain, irritability, nervousness, insomnia and depressive moods at the end of the 8 week therapy. The herb too was very well tolerated with only 7% reporting mild gastrointestinal complaints.
- A pilot therapeutic study to ascertain the effects of a herbal extract on a group of women with menorrhagia complaints, aged between 14-40 years, showed the test herb effectively controlling excessive bleeding in all the patients without causing any untoward side effects.
- 65% of the patients suffering from migraine reported complete relief and 30% of them observed partial relief after consuming a polyherbal formulation for 3 weeks. No side effects or relapses were observed.
- An In vitro study conducted to evaluate the antibacterial activity of Glycyrrhiza glabra against oral pathogens showed the extract successfully inhibit all of the 6 test bacterial strains. Thus, indicating the potential use of licorice in soothing mouth ulcers.
- This study demonstrates that the herbal extracts of Glycirrhiza Glabra, Jasminum Offcinale and Menta Piperita were successfully formulated into jelly formulations that are safe for consumption and showed good anti-inflammatory activity.
- 61% of the patients suffering from muscle stiffness, spasms, pain, and tremor reported clinical improvement in their condition after being treated with an oral herbal complex for 15 weeks in a randomized, placebo-controlled trial.
- Ingredients in our product, Tab Obenyl, showed fair to excellent results in 84.33% patients in treating obesity (PDF format)
- Hypolipemic effect of AV UNILIPID on Human Volunteers
- “84.33% of obese patients showed a clinically significant response to a herb formulation in a clinical evaluation conducted for 6 weeks. The herbs were found effective in reducing obesity by checking excessive appetite and promoting diuresis.” 1*
- An In vivo study evaluating the effects of a herbal extract on the progression of bone loss induced by estrogen’s deficiency showed the herb significantly increase bone mineral content, mechanical strength of the tibia, bone weight and density.
- A clinical comparison of Mucuna pruriens (available in our kit) and synthetic Levodopa- a conventional drug used to treat Parkinson’s, showed Mucuna exhibiting significantly better anti-parkinsonian effects and behavioural benefits with no side effects in the patients.
Pelvic inflammatory disease
- An in-vivo evaluation reported that a herb protocol potentially inhibited acute pelvic inflammation by improving blood circulation, alleviating inflammation, and clearing blockages in the circulatory pathways.
- A clinical evaluation reported that Chamomilla and Cinnamon (included in our formulation) possessed gastroprotective and antiulcer properties and their stomach protective effects were superior to the effects observed with Zantac (a conventional antiulcer drug).
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS/PCOD)
- At the end of the study period, 94.6 % of the PCOS/PCOD patients taking Ayurvedic herbal preparations showed clinically significant improvements in their condition.
- In a double blinded clinical trial, 93% of patients with premature ejaculation concerns successfully reported an average of 11 mins delay on application of a herbal cream, thus suggesting the potential use of herbal remedies in promoting healthy sexual functions.
Premenstrual syndrome (PMS)
- 91.3% of women suffering from PMS symptoms for over 3 months reported a significant improvement in their clinical symptoms and their quality of life after being prescribed a natural treatment complex in the observational, prospective study conducted by French physicians. The treatment was well tolerated with no side effects being reported.
- Systematic reviews and meta‐analysis of randomized controlled trials (RCTs) on polyherbal formulations reported that the test herbs offered an overall clinical efficacy in the management of psoriasis when compared with placebo owing to their anti‐inflammatory, anti‐proliferative, anti‐angiogenic, and tissue repair properties.
- 97% from a sample size of 814 subjects were found to be completely relieved of scabies within 3 to 15 days of topically applying a paste of herbs. There were no toxic or adverse events noted either.
- A clinical study highlighted that 76 % of sciatica patients reported complete relief in their symptoms without any toxic side effects after being administered a classical ayurvedic decoction for 45 days.
- A synergistic herbal complex was found to potentially ameliorate conditions relating to degenerative and inflammatory disorders like scoliosis in the clinical investigations conducted.
- 81.5 % of sinusitis patients described themselves as symptom free or significantly improved after following a fixed natural remedy combination for 2 weeks in an open-label, practice-based study. No adverse drug effects were reported either.
- Several Scientific Investigations on the Zingiber officinale herb (included in our kit) has revealed that the plant extract possesses antioxidant, immunomodulatory, and anti-inflammatory properties. It potentially improves joint mobility and helps subside associated pain and inflammation when a joint, muscle, tendon, ligament or cartilage is affected.
- Results of an in vivo evaluation highlighted that a herbal extract potentially attenuated nicotine withdrawal signs and may serve as a valuable therapeutic entity in the treatment of smoking cessation.
- Both kava and valerian (included in our kits) appeared to reduce the physiological and psychological responses to mental stress in the group of volunteers that enrolled in the study evaluating the anti-stress effect of the herbs.
- Various phytochemical evaluations have highlighted that Pistia stratiotes works well as an antioxidant, antifungal, diuretic, emollient, and antimicrobial and may be beneficial in the treatment of bacterial infections.
- A clinical evaluation of a test herb extract topically applied for 6 weeks on inflamed tendons showed the extract significantly promote the healing process of the tendons.
- 85% of Tinnitus patients reported a significant reduction in their condition after taking a herbal decoction for 30 days. None of the patients reported any side effects although 15% did not derive any benefits from the trial.
- Results of a double blind, randomized study to confirm the efficacy of Ginkgo in chronic tinnitus reported that Ginkgo (included in our kit) appeared to safely and effectively alleviate Tinnitus symptoms and the herb was well tolerated by the patients.
- All the tonsillitis patients given a natural complex for 6 days in a clinical study, showed statistically significant improvement in all the symptoms namely: pain associated with tonsillitis, pain on swallowing, erythema, inflammation of the pharynx, and tonsil size. The natural complex used exhibited significant anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving qualities. Moreover, none of the patients reported any adverse effects.
- A group of physicians confirmed Trigeminal Neuralgia patients obtained an overall reduction of more than 60% in pain intensity and attack frequency using Natural Remedies. The results suggest that natural remedies may be an effective and safe method in the treatment of TN.
- A group of physicians reported that the combination of 4 Biogetica formulas improved the health rate of 68%TN patients.
Upper Respiratory Tract Infection
- A group of patients suffering from upper respiratory tract infections put on a herb regimen for 5 days in a double blinded clinical study, showed highly significant improvements in temperature, headache, muscle aches, throat symptoms, cough, nasal symptoms, general discomfort and eye symptoms. Moreover, the herbs were well tolerated without any notable side effects.
Urinary Tract Infection
- 68% of the patients suffering from urinary tract infections reported relief in their condition on consuming a fruit extract. The natural ingredient seemed to benefit due to its ability to inhibit bacterial adherence to human cells.
- Studies of commonly prescribed medications for the treatment of urticaria showed that antihistamines provide only symptomatic relief. Also steroids and immunosuppressive drugs are best avoided because of their potentially harmful side effects.
- 88.796 % of allergic urticaria patients were benefited by the test herbal protocol in the clinical study conducted.
- In an In Vitro study, all of the 61 yeasts including 26 strains of Candida albicans extracted from vaginitis patients were inhibited and killed after being treated with an aqueous herbal extract.
- A 2-month clinical study on a group of patients to measure the effectiveness and tolerability of a herbal combination in chronic venous insufficiency revealed that the herbal formulation effectively reduced all the associated symptoms resulting from the veins not working properly like swelling, itching, tingling, cramping and a feeling of heaviness. The biological and clinical tolerability were excellent without any untoward side effect being reported.
- 73% of recurrent vertigo patients on a herb trial for 2 to 45 days reported to have all their symptoms improved and had no relapse during the follow-up done for a year to seek long-term evidence.
- In a randomized, double blind controlled clinical study conducted on 119 vertigo patients in Germany and published in the Journal of the American Medical Association, Both the natural and conventional treatments showed a clinically relevant reduction in the duration, and intensity of the vertigo attacks. The therapeutic equivalence of the natural remedy and betahistine was established statistically. However the natural treatments group showed lesser frequency in attacks during treatment.
- Conventional treatments of vitiligo such as topical steroid creams have not been proven to work for a majority of people and are associated with a host of side effects. The most frequent side effects include atrophy, striae, rosacea, perioral dermatitis, acne, and purpura.
- In a clinical study conducted, crude extracts of a herbal decoction was found to inhibit adult earthworms that resemble the parasitic intestinal roundworms infesting the human body. The plant parts exhibited anthelmintic, diuretic, emmenagogue, and tonic properties and effectively caused paralysis and death of the individual worms.