According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), herpes is extremely common throughout the world, is mostly sexually transmitted and is caused by 2 viruses, HSV-1 and HSV-2.
Over 24 million people in the United States are infected with HSV-2 and there are 776,000 new infections each year. Approximately one out of every six people aged 14 to 49 years is said to have an HSV-2 infection.
Have you also noticed tingly, itchy, inflamed, and painful lesions on and around your mouth, genitals and within the vagina, urethra, and anus? Have you been diagnosed with Herpes? If yes, then please realize that it is essential for you to read this page and apply it to your life without delay.
It is interesting to note that on infection, the herpes virus travels nerve paths and settles in the nerve ganglions, presenting symptoms such as cold sores and genital lesions only when it is able to breach the body’s immune system. So, if you have a boosted immunity at all times, you may never have a symptom and even be able to clear your system of the dormant virus. Read on to know more about this herpes virus and how an enhanced immune system can help you regain your life, confidence, and freedom.
What do Herpes Symptoms Look Like?
Not everyone with herpes experiences symptoms. Some people go through life with this virus and infect partners without realizing it. Herpes symptoms are called outbreaks and vary from person to person and outbreak to outbreak.
Some common herpes symptoms include:
Oral Herpes Infection
- Pain, burning, tingling, or itching at the site of infection before the sores appear.
- Painful, fluid-filled blisters erupt, often in clusters.
- These blisters then break and look like small, shallow, gray ulcers on a red base.
- A few days later, they crust over and appear drier and more yellow.
- The sores may occur on the lips, gums, tongue, inside of the cheeks, roof of the mouth, and in the throat. They may also extend down the chin and neck.
- Oropharyngeal Herpes includes sores on the upper part of the throat, the tonsils, soft palate and base of the tongue.
- Herpetic Stomatitis is characterized by ulcers and inflammation of the mouth.
- Herpes Labialis is characterized by an eruption of small and usually painful blisters on the skin of the lips, mouth, gums, or the skin around the mouth. These blisters are commonly called ‘cold sores’ or ‘fever blisters’.
- Certain herpes viruses (herpes simplex and varicella-zoster virus, the cause of chickenpox and shingles) are known to also cause gingivitis.
- Eating and drinking may be difficult. Oral sores are most painful at the onset.
- The gums may become mildly swollen, red, and may bleed.
- The lymph nodes in the neck often swell and become painful.
- A patient may feel feverish
- Experience tiredness
- Muscle aches and irritability may occur
- Many people experience recurrent sores. This is because the herpes virus goes through latent and active phases.
Genital Herpes Symptoms
- There may be swelling, burning, pain or itching around the genitals.
- Small blisters or ulcers (round areas of broken skin) appear on or around the genitals. These may be painless, slightly tender, or extremely painful.
- In men, sores or lesions usually appear on or around the penis or scrotum.
- There may be penile discharge.
- In women, sores or lesions commonly appear inside the vagina. They often can only be noticed with a doctor’s examination.
- Vaginal sores may cause discomfort or vaginal discharge.
- The ulcers or blisters may also be found anywhere around the genitals, like the labia, cervix, in women, and in and around the anus in men and women.
- The blisters may also appear on the inner thighs.
- The blisters tend to form in clusters.
- Each blister or ulcer is typically only 1-3 millimeters in size.
- If the infection spreads to the anal area, there may be pain while passing stools.
- There may be pain or a tingling sensation in the area of the infection even before any blisters or ulcers can be seen.
- There may be fever.
- Body-ache and headaches may occur.
- There may be lower-back pain.
- Urination may sometimes be painful.
- There may be urinary hesitancy
- There may be increased urinary frequency/urgency
- There may be urinary incontinence
- Sexual intercourse might be painful
- Lymph glands in the groin may become tender and swollen.
- Genital herpes symptoms tend to recur. This is because the herpes virus goes through latent and active phases.
Herpes Zoster or Shingles Symptoms
- The first symptom of shingles is often over-sensitivity or a burning sensation on the skin.
- There are usually multiple sores where nerve-fibers end on the skin
- Lesions generally appear in a band-like or belt-like pattern occurring on one side of the body.
- Lesions are often accompanied by itching, tingling, or even severe pain.
- There may be neuralgic pain even after the lesions have healed.
The HSV is undoubtedly infecting more and more people and the numbers are steadily rising. FDA approved medicines such as acyclovir, famciclovir, and valacyclovir are normally prescribed; however, they do not cure the affliction and merely help to reduce the severity and frequency of symptoms. They are also unable to prevent recurrences and many patients have reported unpleasant side effects on consuming these medicines.
Conversely, there has been growing research on numerous herbs, homeopathic ingredients and supplements globally for boosting immunity in cases of Herpes. Biogetica, has combined three separate and unique disciplines: traditional ayurvedic herbs, advanced resonance homeopathy and groundbreaking nutraceuticals to bring to you a comprehensive immune boost protocol that potentially works to boost your immunity making it capable enough to fend off foreign infiltration, prevent recurrent attacks, and improve the structure and functions of your skin by rendering the blood and lymph clean of harmful accumulated toxins.
So, if you are looking to regain the freedom and confidence you once had and wish to get your old life back, please consult our expert panel of doctors at www.biogetica.com for more information and personalized recommendations.