Herpes Treatment Options
Are you experiencing herpes outbreaks even after completing your course of antiviral drugs? Do these drugs make you feel nauseous and uncomfortable? Do you get headaches or other symptoms like vomiting and diarrhea when you take these medicines? If you’ve said yes to any of these questions then please realize that it is essential for you to read this page and apply it to your life without delay.
Although Acyclovir is one of the most common antiviral drugs prescribed to alleviate herpes, it does not cure herpes and many patients complain of additional unpleasant side effects.
On the other hand, growing research has repeatedly indicated that herpes remedies that aim to strengthen your immune system and improve your body’s ability to defend against herpes is the most effective choice in dealing with this virus. Herbs such as Hypericum mysorense, Echinacea, Cat’s claw, Tinospora, Astragalus, and Licorice are considered potent antivirals and immune boosters in traditional forms of medicines such as Ayurveda and Homeopathy.
Read on to learn, whether there are any clinical evidences of these herbs being tested as natural remedies for herpes and the results obtained Read More
Conventional Medicines for Herpes
There are mainly 3 antiviral drugs used to treat genital and oral herpes. They are:
- Acyclovir (Zovirax or generic)
- Valacyclovir (Valtrex)
- Famiciclovir (Famvir)
These drugs are either used to treat symptoms once an outbreak has already begun, or on a more or less continual basis to suppress outbreaks, for severe cases. Some doctors peg this at more than 6 outbreaks in a year. However, these drugs are ineffective when the virus is shedding or lying dormant in the nerve ganglia waiting to strike when immunity levels of your body dip.
Is there a Herpes Vaccine?
Previous attempts to develop a powerful Herpes vaccine have failed, although, trials are still underway and research scientists have not yet given up on developing a herpes vaccine.
What You Should Know About Conventional Medicines for Herpes:
- There is no allopathic drug that can cure the herpes virus. Outbreaks often recur after treatment is stopped.
- There is no allopathic drug that can fight the virus when it is in its dormant stage. These drugs merely offer symptomatic relief.
- For treatment to be most effective, these drugs should be started at the slightest indication of onset.
- The herpes virus has been developing new strains that have made the mutated strains resistant to these drugs. Very often patients report no improvement with drugs like acyclovir.
- Every time a relapse of herpes occurs, allopathy offers the same medicines. These strong drugs weaken the immune system further making the body more vulnerable to another herpes attack.
- There are certain side-effects associated with these drugs, e.g. Acyclovir interferes with certain enzymes the virus uses to replicate DNA in cells. This prevents the herpes virus from multiplying. However, this produces several side-effects like nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and headache. There are also some very harmful effects associated with over-dosage, like hallucinations, seizures, and kidney damage in extreme cases (because of decreased urine production).
It is extremely important that you are fully aware of the harmful effects these drugs have on your health in the long-term before you choose them to be your mode of treatment against herpes. Speak to our expert panel of doctors about this here.
Alternatively, there are many natural options that you may explore to boost your immunity, because at the end of the day a strengthened immune system is all that you need to fight off this viral infection.
Complementary Natural Care
Alternative remedies like Ayurveda and Homeopathy have been used to effectively improve your immune system for centuries.
- Ayurveda works towards boosting your defense mechanism, detoxifying your body and purifying your skin, blood and lymph.
- Homeopathic remedies are said to provide advanced bioenergetic imprints in the form of nosodes that remind your body of its archetypical functions coaxing it to function optimally.
How do Biogetica Protocols for Immune Boost Work?
The Herpes Virus has an uncanny ability to remain dormant in the nerves and attack when immunity is low. The virus has also proven to be an excellent genetic engineer, and allopathic attempts to attack it directly, generally result in it mutating and reappearing.
Instead of attacking the virus directly, Biogetica’s revolutionary natural products potentially work by:
H-Factor nososdes: A Homeopathic preparation that contains bioenergetic imprints and is made in accordance with the Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia of the United States. A French clinical study reported that 82% of the patients taking herpes nosodes benefitted. 1
Hyperisince: A combination of various herbs including the now famous Hypericum mysorense and Hypericum Hookerianum. Hyperisince has patent number “808/MUM/2013” published for it. It is made in India as a Ayurvedic Herbal Supplement in a GMP WHO accredited facility. A recent study published in the peer reviewed “International Journal of Research in Ayurveda and Pharmacy” reported that Hyperisince reduced nerve pain, healing time of herpes outbreaks to one to three days, and the likelihood of future outbreaks. Over 76% of patients reported relief and over 80% of patients that took Hyperisince for 4 months or more never had another outbreak. Moreover, a majority of patients reported that the cold sore healing time and pain were lesser with Hyperisince than previously tried treatments such as Acyclovir. 2
Reginmune: This nutraceutical is a bioregulator that improves the nutritional and energy state of the body. It comprises several immune boosting herbs such as Echinacea, Aloe vera, Cat’s Claw extract and other essential micronutrients. Most of the ingredients used in this formulation have numerous clinical studies validating their versatile and beneficial properties.
Biogetica is a firm believer in the miraculous powers of nature and strives hard to give natural herbs the respect it deserves on the planet today. To know more about the natural immune boost products or for any other health related query consult for free with a Biogetica Doctor now at www.Biogetica.com.
- M Jenaer, MF Henry, A Garcia, B Marichal, Evaluation of 2LHERP in preventing recurrences of genital herpes, British Homoeopathic journal, Volume 89, Issue 4, 2000, Pages 174-177, ISSN 0007-085.
- Vijaykumar Kamat and Ritu Sandhu. Patient reported outcomes and patient satisfaction with Hyperisince® (An Ayurvedic medicine/poly-herbal combination) in Herpes simplex. Int. J. Res. Ayurveda Pharm. 2017;8(3):52-58 http://dx.doi.org/ 10.7897/2277-4343.083143
Dr Khyati Dave is a licensed Homeopathy Physician and Nutritional Consultant. With Biogetica, she has witnessed many patients, who had otherwise given up hope, heal faster supplemented by our natural methods. She considers consulting Biogetica patients her primary responsibility and honour. She often writes about nutrition, natural treatment methods and diet. Her mission is to apply her medical talents to help each patient heal faster and do her best to give the immunity of patients with so called ‘incurable’ diseases a fighting chance.