Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS/PCOD) from a Holistic Perspective
PCOS Information at a Glance
PCOS/PCOD or polycystic ovarian syndrome/disease indicates the presence of cysts in your ovaries. Almost all women suffering from PCOS/ PCOD experience a disturbance in their entire hormonal axis and this in turn further perpetuates the conditions for more cysts to be formed. The obvious symptoms are embarrassing and in time pose grave threat to the physicality, mental health, relationships and social status of a woman. We totally understand this and have therefore dedicated our lives and time to helping people across the globe get back to being healthy again.
I’ve Been Advised to Take Hormonal Pills, But are They Safe?
Hormone Pills and Insu Sensitizing Agents are the Most Popular FDA Approved Treatments of PCOS. However, they do nothing to address the root cause of your problem and only offer symptomatic relief.
Ayurveda, TCM and Homeopathy have a long history, supported by modern research, of potentially benefiting the structure and functions of the endocrinal and reproductive system and there is no lack of prior use or modern evidence to show that nature can have a positive effect on the endocrinal and reproductive system. Sooner or later, you’ll realize that Nature completes you in many ways. However, Ayurveda and TCM are only considered medicine in India and China respectively. Homeopathy is medicine in most parts of this planet but within the USA it can only be used for over the counter ailments and not PCOD. Hence, despite the research, no direct disease claims can be made for these systems of alternative medicine in certain countries and you must visit a Doctor licensed in a state for the treatment or cure of PCOD.
However, you are free to consult one of our naturally inclined practitioners or take any herb or homeopathic you wish to maintain a healthy endocrinal and reproductive system.
You may speak with our Homeopathic & Ayurvedic Doctors to boost your endocrine and reproductive health by Clicking here.
You may view our full spectrum Endocrine Support kits here.
How do I Treat my PCOS?
Numerous herbs, homeopathic ingredients and supplements are being studied globally for improving and maintaining a healthy endocrinal and reproductive system.
At the end of the study period, 94.6 % of the PCOS/PCOD patients taking Ayurvedic herbal preparations showed clinically significant improvements in their condition.1* This truly is a precedent setting result for an ailment like PCOS where western allopathic medicine has no cure.
This peer reviewed research has most probably not been studied or approved by the FDA in your country as a cure of PCOS. The FDA of each land is the only authority that can decide if something is a cure or not and hence no claims can be made and you are advised to see a local Doctor for PCOS/PCOD treatment. However, you may take this preparation for endocrinal and reproductive health.
Below is information on the more compelling and popular ingredients that we have found after studying all possibilities from traditional medicine systems and the latest research available today.
We strive each day to give natural medicine the respect it deserves and hope that you will join us in this quest today. We vow to be with you every step of the way on the road from disease to ease that manifests each day!
- Chaste tree: This herb is believed to be one of the most powerful herbs that may augment female reproductive health. It is believed to support the hormonal levels thereby addressing the root of the issue. Studies suggest that it supports the normal structure and functioning of ovaries in women. 2
- Fenugreek: Insu resistance is a common complaint in PCOS patients. Fenugreek is believed to help maintain normal Insu levels in the blood. 94% of the patients given an enriched fenugreek extract showed positive results in the multi-centric, open label, non-randomized trial. The study also reported that the herb may help in balancing the female hormones. 3
- Flaxseed: These seeds are very good sources of fibre, omega 3 and 6 fatty acids and lignans. The lignan protein is believed to reduce the levels of male hormones in the body. Flaxseeds are also believed to help regulate blood glucose and Insu. A case study suggested that flaxseeds support the normal functioning of the female reproductive organs. However, it is advisable to consume flaxseeds under medical supervision. 4 We hope and wish that countries across the globe study and conduct natural research in the interest of public health and then do the best they can for their citizens that are suffering. PCOD today is a global pandemic and solving it for the sake of humanity must take precedence over any patent for profit pharmaceutical agendas and intentions!
A Healthy Endocrine Axis can Help Balance your Being
Herbs, Supplements, Ayurveda, Homeopathy, and Meditation are all believed to help keep your endocrine axis balanced and your Reproductive System healthy! Biogetica brings them into your life from the far corners of this earth, in a unique set of products and services designed to accompany you back to health and wellness.
Our Natural Health Practitioners will guide you to understand and balance your constitution, endocrine and reproductive system. Now is a great moment to start the journey back to health and freedom! Each journey begins with one step.
The complementary advice of our naturally inclined Homeopathic or Ayurvedic practitioners does not replace the advice of a licensed Doctor in any state. Our message is one of love, not hate. We don't claim to cure or treat any disease, but vow to be with you every step of the way, to ease.
Our Full spectrum kits are a synergistic combination of evidence based natural solutions that will potentially lead you back to health and freedom. We say this because our Doctors have selected each ingredient based on precedent setting research from every tradition. Our multidisciplinary natural kits meticulously deliver the best the earth has to offer to your doorstep.
P.S. We put people before profits and will deliver these services to you against any donation if you truly cannot afford them. You may email us on email@example.com if you wish to avail of this donation based program.
PCOD is the most common ovarian dysfunction and endocrine disorder. It affects approximately 15 to 20 % of women in the reproductive age. PCOD is characterized by multiple small cysts in the ovaries. Due to hormonal imbalances the follicles fail to expel the ovum and this leads to the ovary getting filled with immature follicles called cysts.
Surprisingly, some women suffering from PCOD may remain asymptomatic, while some may experience classical symptoms of the disease, like irregular menstruation, excessive hair on the face and body, inability to conceive or even miscarriages.
What is PCOS / PCOD?
Every woman has a pair of ovaries. The ovaries have many follicles inside them. Every month, one of these follicles develops and matures to release an egg (or ovum). This is called ovulation. All this happens under the influence of hormones.
In this syndrome, due to hormonal imbalances the follicles fail to expel the ovum. This leads to the ovary getting filled with immature follicles, which are called cysts. So as the name suggests, (polycystic meaning many cysts) it is a disease which is characterized by multiple small cysts in the ovaries. The ovary gets enlarged, and produces excessive amounts of three important hormones - estrogen, androgen and progesterone. So, affected women often have signs and symptoms of elevated androgen levels, menstrual irregularity, weight gain and abnormal hair growth on the face or body. They may even have amenorrhea (absence of periods).
Sometimes, PCOD is also referred to as PCOS or polycystic ovarian syndrome because the signs and symptoms are very closely interrelated and associated with each other. The syndrome was originally reported by Stein and Leventhal. So it is also called Stein-Leventhal syndrome.
Causes of PCOD / PCOS
There is no definite cause that has been identified, but studies indicate that PCOD has a significant hereditary component. It is often found to run in the family. Patients with PCOD have persistently elevated levels of androgens and estrogen, which leads to anovulation (no ovulation). This further leads to enlargement of the ovaries, and in turn, excess of hormone production. It is a vicious cycle.
Overactive adrenal glands can also produce excess androgens, and these may also contribute to PCOD. These women also have high levels of Insu in their blood, because their cells do not respond normally to Insu.
Obesity is known to aggravate PCOD.
PCOD / PCOS Symptoms
Some women do not show any signs or symptoms of PCOD. They may have regular menses and ovaries that look normal on an ultrasound scan, and still have PCOD.
Most women with PCOD display the following classic symptoms:
- Menstrual irregularities: This is a common PCOD / PCOS symptoms. Due to excessive estrogen production, there is excessive growth of the uterine lining. This usually leads to very heavy uterine bleeding. The bleeding episodes may occur anytime, leading to menstrual irregularities. So there may be irregular and infrequent menstrual periods or no menstrual periods at all.
- Hair and skin problems: Hair and skin problems are also common symptoms of PCOS / PCOD. When the ovaries enlarge, they produce excess androgen (male hormone) and estrogen. The excess androgen leads to increased hair growth, which is called hirsuitism. There may be excessive breakouts of acne. The patient may also have thickened, darkened areas of skin on the neck, groin or underarms.
- Obesity: About 50 % of women with PCOD are obese. Obesity tends to enhance abnormal estrogen and androgen production in this disorder, which only magnifies the problems of irregular bleeding and excessive hair-growth.
- Symptoms related to Insu resistance: Insu resistance is also a common PCOD / PCOS symptom. Approximately 40% of PCOD patients are Insu resistant. This means that their cells do not respond normally to Insu. This if left untreated, leads to excess of un-utilized glucose in the body. So this causes Type II diabetes. There may be weight gain and high blood pressure also.
- Infertility: In PCOD, as explained above, the follicles are not able to release the mature ova. So this, coupled with the fact that there is hormonal imbalance, contributes to infertility. PCOD is the cause of infertility in 20% of women who are unable to conceive.
- Miscarriage: The hormonal imbalance in PCOD interferes with ovum development within the follicle and disrupts embryo implantation in the uterus. This leads to miscarriages.
- Ultrasound scan, which may reveal enlarged ovaries and the presence of multiple cysts. Small cysts are generally seen along the periphery of the ovary.
- Blood tests are done to check the levels of hormones. A high level of LH (luteinising hormone) and elevated levels of androgen may indicate PCOD. LH is the hormone which is responsible for ovulation. So when the follicle is not able to release the ovum, the body secretes more of LH to stimulate ovulation. Blood is also tested for Insu and cholesterol levels.
- Diagnostic laparoscopy may be advised in patients where the physician suspects PCOD but there are no apparent symptoms except infertility or miscarriages.
The peer-reviewed published research quoted on this page represents some of the studies done on natural remedies for PCOS/PCOD. More such studies can be found on pubmed or google scholar. Our doctors participate in or evaluate research from all traditions before formulating our precedent-setting kits. However, the laws on natural medicine vary, from country to country, and we, therefore, make no claims beyond those made by the FDA in your country who is the only authority that can legally make a claim to cure, treat, or mitigate a disease. You are welcome to discuss this research with your doctors. If they truly care about your health they too will take the time to study it with an open mind. You may then take our all natural products for Hormonal and Endocrine support. Biogetica supports you in your right to know and chose and we vow to be with you every step of the way. No one will be turned away from receiving our natural remedies even if they cannot pay.
Metformin has become a leading treatment for PCOD, despite the fact that it has not been approved for this purpose. Metformin is an 'Insu sensitizing' drug commonly used in the treatment of Diabetes. Since, many patients of PCOD develop resistance to Insu, they usually end up having type II diabetes. It reduces the production of androgen and establishes ovulation.
Metformin is reported to affect kidney functioning and needs careful monitoring.
As part of PCOS treatment, sometimes a drug called Clomiphene is combined with low doses of Dexamethasone, a steroid which suppresses androgen production from the adrenal glands.
Clomiphene stimulates the ovaries to produce more ova, but there is a risk of multiple-pregnancy in this therapy.
There are several medications that can block and reduce the effects of androgen. They include Spironolactone, Cyproterone acetate and Flutamide. They may have some side-effects.
Laparoscopy is another PCOS / PCOD treatment option used lately for patients with PCOD. If the ovaries are quite enlarged, multiple holes are drilled through the thickened ovarian tissue. This helps restore normal ovarian function and induce ovulation. This is a very delicate surgery and can lead to severe consequences if the cortex of the ovary is destroyed. The cortex contains ova. So, the destruction of this area may cause infertility.
Advanced Natural Approach
PCOD/PCOS cannot be treated with over the counter homeopathy, Ayurveda or Supplements in most countries. No Natural products are approved by the FDA for PCOD/PCOS treatment. Natural products at best can be used for improving the Endocrinal and Reproductive systems of the body.
Biogetica's approach institutes a unique mixture of traditional Ayurvedic herbs, advanced resonance Homeopathies along with Natural dietary Supplements.
This combination is believed to focus on: **
- Correcting the Pituitary-hypothalamus axis.
- Balancing the body's secretion of female hormones- estrogen and progesterone.
- Using Bio-energetic imprints of normal ovarian tissue to stimulate the ovaries to resume normal functioning.
- Restoring proper ovulation and menstrual cycles.
Biogetica’s mission is to provide you with integrated natural solutions that target root issues across the physical, energetic and informational spectrum of your life. Our Doctors research all possible ingredients and combine them synergistically into kits to potentially lead you back to health and freedom.
Biogetica's approach to healing is based on the following aspects:
1. HEAL THE ENTIRE BEING:
2. LOOK FOR NATURAL SOLUTIONS:
3. APPEAL TO THE BALANCING FORCES INHERENT IN ALL NATURE
4. FROM MEDICATION TO MEDITATION
1. HEAL THE ENTIRE BEING:
Biogetica has a unique and comprehensive Holographic model of healing which synthesizes all the traditional natural health systems to simultaneously ease physical, mental, emotional layers of your being.
You, as a living, thinking, feeling, vibrating being, are much more than a collection of inter-related chemical processes. You are life itself. Life can never be reduced to a series of chemical reactions as chemical reactions cannot create life. Every thought, emotion, vibration or action leads to a series of chemical changes in the body. Biogetica recognizes this and balances the ENTIRE BEING, bringing mind, body, and soul into harmony. Treating an ailment on a molecular level alone, seldom has a lasting effect as the untreated social, emotional, mental, spiritual and energetic patterns cause the ailment to manifest once again on a physical plane. Holistic healing is necessary for lasting relief. Biogetica, therefore, uses Resonance Homeopathic to harmonize the entire being; flower essences to attune the mind; Ayurvedic, Tibetan, and Chinese herbs to balance the energetic and the physiological manifestation of the five elements; and nutraceuticals to coordinate cellular nutrition.
2. LOOK FOR NATURAL SOLUTIONS:
Our bodies are made of and supported by nature and therefore can only be healed by nature in the long term. Chemicals are often necessary for immediate change in an acute situation but tend to do the body more harm than good in the long run. Hence, Biogetica's Doctors are dedicated to providing natural solutions that are supported by evidence and prior use. To us, the argument is fairly obvious: One would use wood to fix a desk made of wood or metal to fix a car made of metal, so why use chemicals to fix a body made of nature?
Nature has blessed the Earth with natural remedies and healing mechanisms. It would be wise not to ignore them. The intelligence of nature is much greater than that of man. Unfortunately, man still focuses on chemical medicines, as they can be patented and sold for huge profits. Allopathic attempts to treat chronic ailments by interfering directly with the chemical processes using man-made substances have essentially been a failure. We claim to be cracking the gene code, but we still can't cure a cold with man-made substances!!! Homeopathic and Naturopathic methods are never studied and verified by governing bodies, as there is no one who will spend millions obtaining an approval on herbs, knowing that they cannot be patented and sold exclusively by them.
3. APPEAL TO THE BALANCING FORCES INHERENT IN ALL NATURE:
Life cannot be recreated with chemical interactions and there is much more to life than molecular interactions. Our bodies are the most advanced pharmacies on the planet and millions of functions happen each minute with astounding precision. Biogetica therapies are designed to appeal to the balancing forces apparent in all nature by reminding and stimulating the body towards a certain function. The nutraceuticals in our kits provide specific nutrition for a function, the herbs in our kits balance the terrain of the body so that it is able to perform that function and the resonance homeopathies are designed to remind the body to be in resonance with that very function.
4. FROM MEDICATION TO MEDITATION:
Good health and freedom involve every aspect of our being including diet, lifestyle, exercise, emotional states, thoughts and energetic patterns. Biogetica Drs have therefore designed diet, nutrition, exercise, and meditation protocols specific to various life situations. We encourage you to actively partake in these for best results.
Diet plays an important role in the management of PCOS, not only to lose weight but also to regulate Insu levels. Including non-starchy, whole grain and high fiber foods, and excluding sugary, starchy and refined foods from your diet can go a long way in managing PCOS complaints.
- Diet is an important factor in the treatment of infertility. It should contain seeds, nuts, grains, vegetables, and fruits. These foods should be supplemented with milk, vegetable oils, and honey.
- Curd and cottage cheese. About seventy to eighty per cent of the diet should consist of foods in their natural uncooked state, because cooking destroys most of the nutritional value of many foods.
- Sprouting is an excellent way of consuming seeds, beans, and grains in their raw form, as in the process of sprouting, the nutritional value is multiplied, new vitamins are created and the protein quality is improved.
- Non–starchy fresh vegetables or frozen/canned vegetables such as broccoli, spinach, and carrots
- Whole grains such as whole wheat pasta, brown rice, and whole wheat bread
- Water or seltzer, flavored with fruit if desired, unsweetened ice tea
- High fiber baked goods made from whole wheat flour and oats
Foods for Moderate Consumption:
Over cooked, frozen and canned food should be moderated or avoided
Foods to Avoid:
- Excessive fat, spicy foods, strong tea, coffee, white sugar, white flour, refined cereals, flesh foods, greasy or fried foods should all be avoided.
- Sweetened juice, canned fruit in heavy syrup, or sweetened applesauce
- Starchy vegetables such as potatoes, corn, and peas
- Refined grains made with white flour such as white bread and pasta, bagels, or white rice
- Sugared cereals and other sweetened grains such as cereal bars, breakfast pastries and donuts
- Sugary drinks such as soda or juice
- Sugary foods such as cookies, cakes, and candy
- Snacks such as potato chips and tortilla chips
Take 3-4 grams of cinnamon powder with honey daily on an empty stomach. Apply a Mudpack on the belly for 10-15 minutes daily on an empty stomach- for this, you need to lie down in a supine position then soak a cotton cloth in a mud paste and place above the umbilicus.
Biogetica Money Back Guarantee. We have a 100% money-back guarantee, to support our firm belief in our products, and to build trust in customers who have been facing battles they thought would be life long! You may return the products within 90 days of your order date for a full refund of the purchase price. You may alternatively request a free consultation and additional remedies if you are not 100% better. Our mission is fulfilled only when you are better. Hence, we stand by our customers and do what it takes to make you feel great! We can afford to do this, because the customers who re-order or refer us to friends and family, are 20 times more than those who ask for a return. So, go ahead and give us a try. You'll be glad you did.
The Biogetica Approach
Biogetica is a collective of Drs and Holistic Healthcare practitioners dedicated to holistic healing, with evidence based natural remedies & advanced bio energetic therapies.
- Heal the entire being
Heal the entire being
Biogetica has a unique and comprehensive Holographic model of healing which synthesizes all prevalent medicine systems to simultaneously ease physical, energetic, mental and emotional layers of your being. Our full spectrum approach works across the entire physical, energetic and informational spectrum of life. Totality is our Modality and we are always open to any tradition or treatment that will benefit you.
Every thought, emotion, vibration or action leads to a series of chemical changes in the body. All ailments are a result of disharmony in the life force. Biogetica recognizes this and balances the ENTIRE BEING, bringing mind, body and soul into harmony, for lasting results. Treating an ailment on molecular level alone, seldom has a lasting effect as the untreated social, emotional, mental, spiritual and energetic patterns will cause the ailment to manifest once again on a physical plane.
Holistic healing is necessary for lasting relief. Biogetica, therefore, uses Resonance Homeopathy to harmonize the entire being; flower essences to attune the mind; Ayurvedic, Amazonian, Tibetan and Chinese herbs to balance the energetic and the physiological manifestation of the five elements; and nutraceuticals to coordinate cellular nutrition. Our approach works across the spectrum of life to balance matter and energy whilst using archetypes of the undying spirit to remind the entropic physical body of its optimal functions. Each human is a child of immortality pre-programmed to perform a billion functions with a mind boggling precision that most science cannot comprehend. Each of our kits potentially provides specific nutrition needed for a particular function, the herbs in these kits balance the terrain of the body to make it conducive to that function and the vibrational therapies potentially help bring balance.
- Look for natural solutions
Look for natural solutions
Our bodies are made of and supported by nature and therefore can only be healed by nature in the long term. Chemicals are often necessary for immediate change in an acute situation but tend to do the body more harm than good in the long run. Hence, Biogetica’s Doctors are dedicated to providing natural solutions that are supported by evidence and prior use. To us, the argument is fairly obvious: One would use wood to fix a desk made of wood or metal to fix a car made of metal, so why use chemicals to fix a body made of nature?
Nature has blessed the Earth with natural medicines and healing mechanisms. It would be wise not to ignore them. The intelligence of nature is much greater than that of man. Unfortunately, man still focuses on chemical medicines, as they can be patented and sold for huge profits. Allopathic attempts to treat chronic ailments by interfering directly with the chemical processes using man-made substances, has essentially been a failure. We claim to be cracking the gene code, but we still can't cure a cold with man-made substances!!! Homeopathic and Naturopathic methods are never studied and verified by governing bodies, as there is no one who will spend millions obtaining an approval on herbs, knowing that they cannot be patented and sold exclusively by them.
- Appeal to the balancing forces inherent in all nature
Appeal to the balancing forces inherent in all nature
Life cannot be recreated with chemical interactions and there is much more to life than molecular interactions. Our bodies are the most advanced pharmacies on the planet and millions of functions happen each minute with astounding precision. Biogetica therapies are designed to appeal to the balancing forces apparent in all nature by reminding and stimulating the body towards a certain function. The nutraceuticals in our kits provide specific nutrition for a function, the herbs in our kits balance the terrain of the body so that it is able to perform that function and the resonance homeopathics are designed to remind the body to be in resonance with that very function.
- From medication to meditation
From medication to meditation
Good health and freedom involves every aspect of our being including diet, lifestyle, exercise, emotional states, thoughts and energetic patterns. Biogetica Drs have therefore designed diet, nutrition, exercise and meditation protocols specific to various life situations. We encourage you to actively partake in these for best results.
Evidence Based Natural Solutions
Biogetica's mission is to heal the people of this globe with evidence based natural solutions and thereby once again give nature's medicines the respect they deserve.
Our holistic doctors believe that a natural protocol aimed at all the root causes is the best way to get sustainable relief and freedom from PCOS or PCOD. **
Studies suggest that the ingredients may support normal structure and function of the ovaries thereby normalizing menstrual cycles.
Studies suggest the ingredients may help restore normal ovulation functions and reduce symptoms of PCOS.