Kidney stone Alternatives in Homeopathy
Stones may occur in any part of the urinary system. There are different sizes and shapes of the stones. Kidney stones are commonly found. It causes a lot of pain in the back and while passing urine. Stones are formed due to the chemicals circulating in our blood such as calcium, oxalic acid, phosphate, uric acid, etc. Other causes of kidney stones are excessive intake of calcium or vitamin D. Over activity of the parathyroid gland also leads to the formation of stones. Stones may also cause lesions while passing through the urinary tract. When the stone reaches the bladder it causes inflammation of the bladder.
Types of Kidney Stones
All kidney stones are not made of the same material or substances. There are different types of kidney stones. The common types are:
These are the most common type. They are composed of calcium oxalate or calcium phosphate. These may occur due to eating high oxalate foods such as potato chips, peanuts, spinach, beet, and chocolate. Reducing the intake of such foods can help in reducing the risk of these stones.
These stones occur more commonly in men and people suffering from gout or those taking chemotherapy. These stones are formed when urine becomes too acidic. Taking too much purine or proteins can increase the risk of these stones. Animal food such as fish, shellfish, and meats should be avoided.
These stones are commonly found in women suffering from recurrent urinary tract infections. These are large and may obstruct the urinary tract. Obstruction can also cause infection of the kidneys.
This type of stone is rare. They can occur both in men and women having genetic disorder cystinuria. Cystine is an acid that is present in the body and it gets released from the kidneys through the urine.
Symptoms of Kidney Stones
Common symptoms are:
The patient may experience sudden pain in the lower part of the abdomen radiating to the back or while passing urine.
- Sometimes urine is also accompanied by blood due to damage to the lining of the walls of the ureters.
- Infection in the urine is a common problem in people suffering from kidney stones.
- There is an obstruction to the passage of urine and it may occur in drops. There is no free flow of the urine.
- Burning may be present due to the accumulation of minerals in the body.
- The swelling of feet may be present due to less urination.
- Fever may occur due to infection of the kidneys
- Frequent urination may occur due to infection
Kidney Stone Treatment
In the conventional system, usually, pain medication and anti-inflammatory drugs are given to treat kidney stones. The treatment is based on the type and cause of the kidney stone. In some people, drinking enough water helps in passing out the stone through the urinary tract. Doctors may prescribe medicines that may aid in the breakdown and excretion of the materials. But, conventional medicines for kidney stone treatment do not address the underlying cause.
Kidney stone treatment in homeopathy is based on a holistic view. The remedies may support the normal structure and functioning of the kidneys. Biogetica offers a combination of natural therapies that may support the normal structure and functioning of kidneys. Consult with a doctor for free www.biogetica.com.
Homeopathic Alternatives for Kidney Stones
Homeopathy does not address a single symptom but considers a holistic approach. The remedies help to address the root cause and may stimulate the normal structure and functioning of kidneys. The diagnosis is made by taking the unique set of symptoms as a whole to address the root cause of the problem. You can read the research given here for the kidney stone solutions in homeopathy to make an informed decision:
Lycopodium: Studies suggest that this resonance homeopathic remedy may support the kidney’s urine formation and waste removal processes.
Sarcodes: Studies suggest that sarcodes may support the normal function of kidneys when concerned with dissolving stones.
Berberis Vulgaris: Studies suggest that this resonance homeopathic remedy may support the normal function of kidneys when concerned with pain in the lower back and/or bladder region while urinating.
Crataegus Oxyacantha: Studies suggest that this resonance homeopathic remedy may support the normal functioning of the urinary system.
Tips to prevent kidney stones
A few tips are given here that may help in preventing the formation of kidney stones
- People with kidney stones should drink a lot of water to wash out the harmful chemicals from the body.
- Do not take an excessive amount of milk as milk is a rich source of calcium. Also avoid milk products such as curd, cheese, butter, etc.
- The patient is advised to eat foods rich in Vitamin A such as apples, cantaloupes, pumpkins, beef liver, etc.
- Patients with kidney stones also avoid foods rich in proteins. Protein breakdown leads to the formation of uric acid which also leads to the formation of the stones in the body.
- Patients should avoid too much intake of salt and spicy foods.
Home remedies for kidney stones
As an alternative to conventional kidney stone treatment, people can also use home remedies:
- Boil two figs in a cup of water and drink it when you get up in the morning. This is a very good natural remedy for kidney stones.
- Take the juice of basil leaves and add 1 teaspoon of honey. Take this in the morning and you will get relief.
- Take out the juice of fresh tomato and add a pinch of salt and pepper to it. Drink it in the morning for a few days.
Dr Khyati Dave is a licensed Homeopathy Physician and Nutritional Consultant. With Biogetica, she has witnessed many patients, who had otherwise given up hope, heal faster supplemented by our natural methods. She considers consulting Biogetica patients her primary responsibility and honour. She often writes about nutrition, natural treatment methods and diet. Her mission is to apply her medical talents to help each patient heal faster and do her best to give the immunity of patients with so called ‘incurable’ diseases a fighting chance.