Living with herpes? Herpes isn’t deadly and it usually doesn’t cause any serious health problems. While herpes outbreaks can be annoying and painful, the first flare-up is usually the worst. Read on to know more about the natural remedies to potentially treat herpes.
Herpes is caused by a virus and is transmitted sexually. The virus can also be transmitted from an infected woman to the newborn during pregnancy. The world knows there is no cure for herpes. Different treatment options for genital herpes are available.
Conventional medicine aims at treating the physical symptoms only and provides short term relief. There is a recurrence of the symptoms when the virus becomes activated again due to the weakness of the immune system.
The natural system of medicine includes treatment options from Ayurveda, Homeopathy, Chinese medicine and nutritional supplements. They aim at addressing the root cause and help in balancing the energy terrain of the body.
To know more about the symptoms, causes and diagnosis of Herpes, get in touch with our doctors for free or click on Genital Herpes – Facts on Causes, Symptoms & Diagnosis of Herpes Simplex in 2018 – Biogetica
Conventional Treatment For Herpes
Conventional treatment for herpes includes antiviral medicines such as acyclovir, famciclovir and valacyclovir. But, taking these medicines continuously for a long time makes your body resistant to them and also produces other side effects.
Ayurveda is an ancient system of medicine that uses natural plants and herbs. The main action of herbs focuses on cleaning the blood, lymph and skin. Herbs are also traditionally believed to boost up the immune system. Some natural herbs used include the following:
- Hypericum Mysorense: Hypericum Mysorense suppressed 100% of herpes infections in vitro. This study was published in many countries. 
- Nosodes: Herpes nosodes benefited 82% of patients in an independent clinical trial conducted in France. This research never made it to the mass media despite the groundbreaking results. 
- Monolaurin: Monolaurin is a supplement that is now being recommended by the Canadian government for HIV and Herpes patients. It is traditionally believed to dissolve envelopes, thus making it easier for the immune system to get rid of them. 
- Lysine: It is an amino acid and is used by people suffering from HSV though the research is inconclusive. 
- Guduchi (Tinospora Cordifolia): Guduchi has been noted by traditional Ayurveda for its ability to support the body’s natural detoxification processes. 
- Mouktik Bhasma (Pearl Calcined): This herb is known to have the potential to support the skin’s regeneration processes. 
- Kasisa Bhasma: It is traditionally believed to support the body’s ability to cool itself when concerned with burning sensations. 
- Prunella Vulgaris: It is traditionally believed to be useful for skin issues. It is also potentially believed to address inflammatory conditions and help to boost up the immune system. 
- Sida Cordifolia: Research suggested that this herb along with other herbs is traditionally believed to fight infections. 
Our doctors are available 24/7! If you would like to know more about the natural remedies for herpes log on to www.biogetica.com for a free consultation.
Homeopathy works on a simple principle of “Like cures like”. It helps by boosting up the immune system. Herpes nosodes that are believed to be the bioenergetic impressions of the corresponding strains of the virus are used to produce an immune system response against the virus. It works on vaccine principles and helps to produce antibodies to defend against the virus.
Studies suggest that 82% of the people who took nosodes for 6 months were better or free of outbreaks for 5 years. 
Herpes outbreaks occur when the virus overpowers the immune system. Supporting your body by taking proper nutrition can help to fight against the virus. Nutritional supplements are available that can help in boosting up the immune system. Dietary supplements such as vitamin C, E, copper, magnesium and coenzyme Q10 can help in the natural healing of the body. Click on Reginmune – Biogetica for more details.
Best Home Remedies To Treat Herpes
You can also use home remedies to ease symptoms, and also promote quick healing of the sores. A few important home remedies are:
Soak In Warm Water
You can get rid of the pain by soaking in warm water. A warm water bath can help by keeping the sores clean and help you to relax. You can also add Epsom salt to the water to promote quick healing of the sores. After the bath, dry the affected areas and wear cotton clothes.
Baking Soda /Cornstarch
You can use baking soda and cornstarch for drying herpes sores. You can apply baking soda or cornstarch with a cotton swab on the sores to dry them out quickly. Make sure you do not double-dip to avoid contamination.
Teabags can be useful if you are suffering from a herpes outbreak. But, it should be black tea because it contains tannic acid that is believed to possess antiviral properties. Steep the tea in hot water for an hour and allow the tea bag to cool down. Then apply the tea bag to the infected part for a few minutes and pat dry. Repeat if needed. Throw away the teabag after use.
The best home remedy to reduce pain and itching is to apply ice to the affected area. You can take a plastic bag and fill it with crushed ice. Apply it for 10-15 minutes and repeat several times a day. Discard the plastic bag after use. Make sure not to apply an ice bag to the sore for too long.
You can directly apply fresh aloe vera gel to the lesions. It produces a cooling effect on the skin and promotes healing.
Meditation helps in reducing stress. Stress is the most important factor contributing to herpes outbreaks. Thus, reducing stress helps in boosting up your immune system and also reduces the chances of recurrent outbreaks.
Wear loose-fitting clothes to allow proper air circulation through the skin pores. It also helps to keep away sweat and moisture from the affected area. Cotton clothes are the best option. Avoid wearing synthetic fabrics and tight-fitting pants to avoid outbreaks.
Doctors can help determine the severity of your cold sores/ herpes. To consult our doctors for free, log on to www.biogetica.com now!
When To Consult A Doctor?
When you discover that you have genital herpes you should make an appointment. You can also consult with a doctor for free at www.biogetica.com. Consult with a doctor if your outbreaks do not stop even after proper self-care and taking medications. If you experience frequent outbreaks, you should consult with a physician. Pregnant women should consult with a doctor if they experience outbreaks.
You can make a list of questions to be asked to the doctor. This will help you in better understanding of the problem and help in managing it properly. Talking to your doctor will also help you to cope up with the problem easily.
What To Expect From Your Doctor?
When you consult with a doctor for herpes treatment, the doctor may ask you several questions. He may do a physical examination to diagnose genital herpes. He may also ask you for certain laboratory tests such as viral culture, polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test and blood test to confirm the diagnosis.
Genital Herpes Self-Care
You can take steps to keep yourself healthy and reduce the chances of outbreaks by proper self-care. A few tips are given here:
- Take proper sleep to keep your immune system strong.
- Eat a well balanced and healthy diet to boost up your immune system.
- Avoid going out in the sun. Use sunscreen on your lips.
- Avoid sexual activity during outbreaks and use protection.
- Wash your hands with soap and water after touching sores.
You can speak with one of our doctors about your risk factors and experience with herpes. Visit www.biogetica.com for free consultation.