Benefits of Elderberry
Elderberry is also known as Sambucus Nigra, European elderberry, or black elder. Elderberry has been traditionally used worldwide for boosting immunity, improving skin, and respiratory health.
Elderberry is Traditionally used for:
- Boosting the immune system as it is high in antioxidants
- Easing cold and flu symptoms
- Aiding respiratory health
- Fighting infections naturally
- Relieving constipation
- Helping to protect the heart
- Reducing inflammation
Elderberry Nutritional properties:
Elderberry is rich in antioxidants known as anthocyanins. It also contains Vitamin C, dietary fibers, phenolic acid, and flavonols like quercetin, kaempferol, and isorhamnetin.
Various clinical studies have been conducted to identify the therapeutic benefits of elderberry.
Some of the studies conducted include:
- A review of 4 randomized control studies in 180 people found that elderberry supplements significantly reduced upper respiratory symptoms caused by viral infections ( 29Trusted Source ).
- Study suggests elderberry helps to boost the immune system against lung and throat conditions.
- Research indicates elderberry possesses antioxidants that can help counteract oxidative stress.
We’ve combined this natural extract in several of our protocols that help support the digestion, boost immune system and, respiratory function.
Browse through our Range of Natural Health Protocols that blend elderberry with other potent, bioavailable and clinically renowned ingredients: