Diet for Dental Problems
Causes for Dental problems?
One of the major causes for dental caries could be the bacterial fermentation of dietary sugars, which may lead to a loss of necessary minerals & thus lead to tooth decay. Foods and dietary modifications are necessary to minimize dental infections and caries. Including Vitamin D, C and A; and excluding foods high in sugar can help prevent and fight dental problems.
DENTAL PROBLEMS DIET RECOMMENDATIONS
DIET FOR DENTAL PROBLEMS
The types of foods you consume and its regularity has a relation with not only your overall health but also the health of your teeth and gums. The process of breaking down your food begins the moment you eat something. Bacteria in the mouth convert the sugar and carbohydrates you consume to acids, this acid begins to attack the enamel of the teeth, causing it to decay gradually. This cycle of decay is repeated every time you eat, however, it is entirely preventable. Vitamins D and A help in the natural development of the teeth and make the teeth stronger. Vitamin C is an important factor preventing periodontal diseases and inflammation of gums. Avoid dietary acids such as fruit drinks, soft drinks (including sports drinks), vinegar, and sugar in the diet such as candy, cookies and pastries that contribute to tooth decay and gum disease.
We are providing the necessary food recommendations for Dental problems..
- Increase your intake of Beta-carotene and Folic Acid from legumes, wheat germ, mushrooms, oranges, asparagus, broccoli, spinach, bananas, strawberries, and cantaloupes
- Calcium – Milk, cheese, yogurt, salmon, sardines with bones, broccoli, green beans, almonds, turnip greens, and kale.
- Vitamin A – Liver, sweet potatoes, carrots, milk, egg yolks, and mozzarella cheese
- Vitamin C – Citrus fruit, strawberries, tomatoes, bell peppers, spinach, cabbage, melons, broccoli, kiwi fruit, and raspberries
- Selenium (a mineral) – Rice, wheat, meats, bread, and Brazil nuts
Foods for Moderate Consumption:
Moderate beverages, black tea, and black coffee
Foods to Avoid:
- Avoid Acidic food and fruit-based sugary drinks such as hard candies, breath mints, lollipops, fruit drinks, soft drinks (including sports drinks) and vinegar
- Avoid eating processed starches as snacks: bread, crackers, cereal, chips, wafers, pasta, fries and fermentable foods.
- High sugar foods such as candy, cookies and pastries contribute greatly to tooth decay and gum disease.
Dr Khyati Dave is a licensed Homeopathy Physician and Nutritional Consultant. With Biogetica, she has witnessed many patients, who had otherwise given up hope, heal faster supplemented by our natural methods. She considers consulting Biogetica patients her primary responsibility and honour. She often writes about nutrition, natural treatment methods and diet. Her mission is to apply her medical talents to help each patient heal faster and do her best to give the immunity of patients with so called ‘incurable’ diseases a fighting chance.