What Foods Should you eat When Suffering From Cystitis?
There is no specific diet for cystitis; however, there are certain foods that work as triggers to flare-up the symptoms. Avoid protein rich & fat rich foods which can irritate the bladder & exacerbate cystitis.
CYSTITIS DIET RECOMMENDATIONS
Diet for Cystitis
Research suggests that there is a lot of variability with respect to food choices. Certain foods aggravate cystitis symptoms like pain, irritation of the bladder, frequency and urgency in passing urine. An elimination diet will help you figure out foods that could be bothering you. It will not only help you track what you are eating, but also help you identify foods that are influencing cystitis.
We are providing the necessary food recommendations for Cystitis
Eat green vegetables preferably bitter such as bitter gourd, bottle gourd, ridge gourd, snake gourd, wheat, oatmeal, Green gram, tender coconut water, sugarcane juice, kulthi (horse gram), old grain, moong dal (split green gram), til (sesame), honey, butter milk, parmal (patol), watermelon and cantaloupe.
Foods for Moderate consumption:
- Moderate or limit the consumption of animal proteins, fried foods and chocolate.
- High fat foods can irritate your bladder.
- Dairy products, canned/preserved vegetables, legumes, processed meats may contain significant amounts of sodium.
Foods to Avoid:
- Avoid high protein food like – meat, eggs, fish, chicken, black gram, pulses etc.
- Avoid acidic, salty and canned food- like pickles, ketchup, mayonnaise.
- Avoid alcohol and fermented food.
- Avoid drinking water immediately after eating food.
- Avoid foods and drinks the contain caffeine or alcohol
- Avoid spicy foods
- Avoid acidic foods and drinks
- Avoid anything with artificial sweeteners such as aspartame
- Avoid anything with preservatives, such as citric acid and monosodium glutamate (MSG)
Linseed seeds are valuable in gonorrhoea, genito-urinary infection and cystitis. One teaspoon full powdered linseed seeds in 300ml (one and half glass) water should be taken and boiled to half and consumed with honey/sugar.
Dr Khyati Dave is a licensed Homeopathy Physician and Nutritional Consultant. With Biogetica, she has witnessed many patients, who had otherwise given up hope, heal faster supplemented by our natural methods. She considers consulting Biogetica patients her primary responsibility and honour. She often writes about nutrition, natural treatment methods and diet. Her mission is to apply her medical talents to help each patient heal faster and do her best to give the immunity of patients with so called ‘incurable’ diseases a fighting chance.