What is Anti-aging?
Contrary to the famous line, Beauty is not skin deep. Experts have long said that it is time to forget expensive creams & procedures. Eating healthy is the key to younger beautiful looking skin.We provide you foods to include & avoid in your diet that can serve as a perfect antidote for unhealthy aging, sagging skin.
ANTI-AGING DIET RECOMMENDATIONS
DIET FOR ANTI-AGING
What you eat matters right from cells to organs. It is important to eat right in order to maintain a healthy body. Skin being the largest organ also requires adequate amount of nutrition to look radiant & young. Including more of anti-oxidants, proteins & low-fat dairy foods help to rejuvenate your skin.
- Colorful vegetables and fruits such as blueberries, strawberries, cranberries, tomatoes, apples, and oranges, help destroy the free radicals and are good anti-oxidants.
- Dark green leafy vegetables such as kale, spinach, mustard green and collard are extremely beneficial in anemia, which is a predisposing factor for dull aging skin.
- Fruits rich in vitamin C are great anti-oxidants too. Fruits and vegetables high in flavonoids and carotenoids, two powerful plant-based antioxidants help remove free radicals from the body that cause one to age prematurely.
- Whole grains-Eating whole grains rich in fiber — oats, quinoa, barley, wheat, and brown rice
- Omega-3 fatty acids: Fish, Salmon, walnuts, flaxseeds, chia seeds, coconut oil, olive oil and avocado.
- Dairy- including low-fat milk, yogurt, or other dairy products a day
- Include Nuts, bean, lentils, olive oil, Chocolate, wine, Meat, eggs, tofu
Foods for Moderate Consumption:
Oily food, butter, food heavy to digest, potatoes, too much of wheat even whole wheat bread should be moderated
Foods to Avoid:
- Artificial sugar/sweets as these are known to increase weight, affect insulin thereby putting you at risk of developing diabetes and other cardiovascular diseases.
- Chips and other junk food that disturbs the digestion. Avoid trans-fats processed and hydrogenated oils.
- Avoid food cooked at high temperature particularly meat and other non vegetarian food overheated is known to increase aging process.
- Take 20-30 ml Aloe Vera juice early morning on empty stomach, it helps rejuvenate your skin, improves liver function and aids digestion
Dr Vijay Kamat graduated from K.L.E. society’s Shri B. M. Kankanwadi Ayurved Mahavidyalaya, Belgaum, India; one of the oldest Ayurvedic institutions in India. He is a prestigious member of the Ayurvedic Association of India. He possesses deep ancestral and research-based knowledge of plants, and is passionate about bringing age-old secrets of Ayurveda within the reach of a common man. In keeping with his passion, he is presently leading the medical team of Biogetica – a collective of Doctors dedicated to natural medicine. Together, they work to bring evidence-based natural healing solutions to the world.