You may have known this plant by other names like Clovone, Cow Clover, Meadow Clover, Purple Clover, Trifolium pratense, Wild Clover, Beebread etc. However, Red clover as it is popularly known is not only pleasant to see, but similar, to the various names it owns has versatile beneficial properties that practitioners of traditional medicine recognize and promote.
Phytochemical Significance of Red Clover
Red clover is considered an abundant resource of isoflavones, which also attributes to the many health benefiting properties that Red Clover is believed to possess. Isoflavones are water-soluble chemicals that exert an estrogen like effect. The other nutrients found in Red clover are calcium, magnesium, chromium, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B3, Vitamin C, phosphorus and potassium.
Traditional Uses of Red Clover
Red clover is a multipurpose plant; as a fodder crop, the plant benefits the soil by fixing nitrogen levels, thereby improving soil fertility. On the other hand, due to its high phytoestrogen constituents, it is traditionally employed in rejuvenating several organ systems of the body.
Red Clover Health Benefits Potentially Include:
- Regulating the female endocrine system
- Detoxifying and flushing toxins from the body
- Enhancing the immune system
- Benefiting the body’s bones and improving joint flexibility
- Improving cardiovascular and arterial health
- Maintaining healthy organ systems including the lungs, digestive organs and blood
Scientific Evidence has Also Thrown Light on the Possible Therapeutic Effects of Red clover
Various clinical studies have been conducted to identify the therapeutic proficiency of Red clover and growing research has opened the possibility of using red clover in managing several medical conditions affecting the skin, respiratory organs, immune system, female reproductive system, bones and heart.
Some of the studies conducted on Red Clover for clinical conditions are:
- Menopause: Studies suggest that red clover may be helpful in managing hot flushes and other symptoms related to menopause because of their phytoestrogenic content. [1, 2]
- Heart health: A clinical assessment indicated that red clover may improve arterial compliance and cardiovascular health. 3
- Bone strength: An In vivo study showed that red clover may help strengthen the bone structure of the body. 4
- Skin: A Clinical evaluation of lab subjects treated with red clover isoflavones for 14 weeks reported that the plant extract improved skin cell structure. The amount of collagen was also significantly increased. Thus, the results indicated that red clover may possess natural anti-ageing and skin rejuventating properties. 5
- Menstruation: Studies suggest that red clover possesses phytoestrogens that may help balance the estrogen levels, reduce PMS symptoms, and protect the endometrium from abnormal cell proliferation . [6, 7, 8]
- Immune system: Research suggest that red clover possesses natural anti-oxidants that help in scavenging free radicals, eliminating toxins and boosting the immune system. 9
Browse through our Range of Natural Health Protocols that blend Red Clover with other potent, bioavailable and clinically renowned ingredients:
| 1) Female Balance Protocol|| |
| 2) Joint Health Protocol|| 3) Circulatory Support Protocol|
Since, Biogetica aims to provide solutions that work holistically, it researches all possible ingredients and combines the best, so that they work synergistically for results that are beyond any single medical tradition. We have included isoflavones and anti-oxidants in several of our formulations with other powerful and potent natural ingredients so that you can witness the glory of Nature’s healing powers.
To know more, get any health related concern addressed or get personalized recommendations please consult with our doctors available round the clock at www.biogetica.com now!
Dr Khyati Dave is a licensed Homeopathy Physician and Nutritional Consultant. With Biogetica, she has witnessed many patients, who had otherwise given up hope, heal faster supplemented by our natural methods. She considers consulting Biogetica patients her primary responsibility and honour. She often writes about nutrition, natural treatment methods and diet. Her mission is to apply her medical talents to help each patient heal faster and do her best to give the immunity of patients with so called ‘incurable’ diseases a fighting chance.