Home Remedies For Trigeminal Nerve Pain Relief
Your food can play an important role in increasing or decreasing your Trigeminal Neuralgia Pain. Any specific dietary guidelines are not available, but you can replace certain foods in your daily regimen that can help you to deal with the nerve hypersensitivity. You should choose foods that can help in the proper functioning of the nerves. Here are some home remedies to potentially deal with Trigeminal Nerve pain.
What Is Trigeminal Nerve Pain?
Trigeminal nerve pain is a painful condition. The most important cause of this painful condition is a disruption of the myelin sheath of the nerve. The trigeminal neuralgia may be of typical or atypical type.
Typical: People suffering from typical TN may experience random and extremely painful episodes at the same point triggered off by chewing, brushing, etc.
Atypical: People suffering from atypical TN may experience continuous dull pain or inflamed sensation in any part of the face. But, they can also experience sharp and shooting pain.
What Are The Causes Of Trigeminal Pain?
The exact cause of Trigeminal Neuralgia is not known. In general, it is agreed that Trigeminal Neuralgia pain is caused by a pathological reflex in the brain. The pathological lesions could be arterial loops or tumors compressing on the trigeminal nerve roots. Other causative factors include:
- Traumatic damage to the nerve may cause compression of the nerve, leading the nerve cell to shed the protective and conductive coating (demyelination).
- Biochemical change in the nerve tissue itself.
- Compression due to abnormal blood vessels on the nerve as it exits from the brain itself.
- It is important to determine the root cause of the pain to get the best treatment.
Are you facing any of the above symptoms, consult one of our doctors now! Log on to www.biogetica.com for free consultation.
People suffering from trigeminal neuralgia should eat foods that help in fighting inflammation, rejuvenate nerves, and boost immunity. The foods that possess natural anti-oxidants and have immune-boosting properties are best recommended for Trigeminal Neuralgia patients.
- Include calcium-rich foods such as salmon, sardines, green beans, skimmed milk, almonds and yogurt.
- Foods rich in monounsaturated fatty acids, magnesium, vitamin C, D and E are recommended because such foods help in boosting immunity and also rejuvenate the normal functioning of worn-out nerves.
- Foods rich in anti-oxidants include pears, cherries, and cranberries, cooked vegetables such as collards, spinach, broccoli, beans, and sweet potatoes.
- Foods rich in vitamin D include seafood, a small amount of lean poultry such as chicken and turkey, green vegetables and fruits.
- Include magnesium-rich foods in your diets such as wheat germ, dairy products, bananas and molasses.
For a personalized diet recommendation, get in touch with our doctors now. Visit www.biogetica.com for free consultation.
Say ‘No’ To Foods Like:
- Chilli, hot sauce, mint and food that cause heat sensations should be avoided, as such foods can excite the nerve and can aggravate pain.
- Foods with strong odour may trigger pain in some individuals; therefore such foods should be avoided. Some people may have aggravation with spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg, black pepper and ginger.
- Hot beverages such as tea and coffee may trigger pain as they contain stimulants.
- Foods such as citrus juices, tomatoes, gooseberries are high in acidic content and can lead to excess mucus production. This can exert pressure against the nerves and can trigger pain.
- Avoid eating foods containing a high amount of saturated fats such as butter, ghee, coconut oil and cottonseed oil.
- Foods that contain a high proportion of saturated fats like butter, ghee, coconut oil, cottonseed oil and palm kernel oil are best avoided.
Natural Remedies For Trigeminal Nerve Pain
Many herbs are found to possess anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties that help to strengthen the nerves and produce a soothing effect. Few herbs that are found helpful include the following:
Hypericum (St John’s wort): Studies suggest that this herb may influence a prolonged anti-hyperalgesic effect and reduces the activity of inflammatory mechanisms that transmit inflammatory and neuropathic pain. 
Aconite: Studies suggest that this possesses anti-inflammatory, analgesic, and sedative properties and is traditionally believed to strengthen the nerves. 
Bacopa Monnieri: Studies suggest that this herb possesses strong anti-inflammatory and rejuvenating properties and helps to improve the function of the nervous system and also boosts immunity. 
Valerian Officinalis: Studies suggest that this herb possesses anti-inflammatory properties and also enhances the strength of nerves. It is also believed to improve the structure and function of nerves. 
Home Remedies For Trigeminal Nerve Pain Relief
- People suffering from trigeminal nerve pain can apply hot and cold packs to relax muscles. This can give quick relief and some people may find solace by using heat packs.
- Chamomile tea, St. John’s wort and lemon balm produce a calming effect on the nerves and can give relief from pain.
- Avocado juice is beneficial for people suffering from Trigeminal nerve pain, as avocado is believed to be a good source of Vitamin B3, Vitamin B5 and folic acid.
- Ashwagandha oil is also beneficial for nerve pain. It is known to possess anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties. The herb is also believed to possess anti-oxidant properties and boost the immune system. The sedative properties of the herb calm the nerves and give relief.
- Rosemary oil is also believed to possess analgesic properties and can relax muscles. It is also known to possess nervine properties and help to strengthen the nerves.
- Almond milk is also good for people with Trigeminal Nerve pain, as it consists of vitamin B12 that helps to boost immunity and also helps to strengthen the nerves.
- Apple cider vinegar can also be used to massage lightly on the affected part of the face.
- Carrot juice is also believed to be a useful home remedy. Carrot juice provides essential nutrients to the body and helps in maintaining overall good health.
To know more about our health protocols or to get expert advice on any health related concerns, please consult our doctors available 24/7 at www.biogetica.com now.
Other Useful Tips
You can also follow the given tips to get freedom from your suffering:
- Drink alkaline water if possible.
- Vegetable juice is good for health as it provides nutrients for quick repair of the nerves.
- Avoid eating hard foods as chewing hard food can trigger pain.
- Avoid sleeping on the painful side.
- Meditation also helps to relax and support the normal functioning of the nervous system.
- Avoid using refined sugar and consuming packed foods.
- Avoid alcohol and smoking.
- Alternate hot and cold pack give relief from pain
When To See Your Doctor?
The nerve pain is severe and sometimes it is unbearable. If you are suffering from nerve pain, you should see your doctor as soon as possible.
If you are suffering from shingles, you should see the doctor. Shingles also cause nerve pain but it also causes blisters and red rashes on the skin. Shingles can be controlled by using natural products such as herbs and nutritional supplements. You can also consult with a doctor for free at www.biogetica.com.
Biogetica combines traditional ayurvedic herbs, advanced resonance homeopathy, and groundbreaking nutraceuticals to support your nerves. These products are traditionally believed to work by decreasing the sensitivity of the nerves and by strengthening and calming them. If you want to get more information about trigeminal neuralgia natural therapies or to get expert advice on many health-related concerns, please consult doctors available 24/7 at www.biogetica.com now.