Skin rashes may occur for a variety of reasons, such as dry or itchy skin, allergic reaction to something etc. Read on to know more about what skin rashes are, the types of skin rashes, and effective, natural home remedies to treat the rashes.
What Are Rashes?
Rashes are areas of irritated skin. Rashes produce abnormal changes in skin colour and appearance. They can occur due to inflammation of the skin. There are different types of rashes such as eczema, lichen planus, psoriasis, acne rosacea, etc.
Rashes may be red, painful, itchy, and irritated. Rashes may occur due to many other health problems such as allergies, diabetes, hormonal imbalance, etc. Some rashes may clear up quickly but others may last longer and need a consultation with a doctor. Visit this link www.biogetica.com. Since the rash is of different types and caused by different things, it is important to figure out the real cause.
- Contact dermatitis is the most common cause. This rash occurs due to direct contact of the skin with a foreign substance. The rash may be itchy, painful, red and inflamed. This type of rash occurs due to soaps, beauty products, detergents, coming in contact with chemicals like latex and touching poisonous plants such as poison ivy.
- Taking too many conventional medications can also produce an allergic reaction on the skin and produce rashes.
- A rash may sometimes appear due to a bug bite, or tick bites.
- Lupus erythematosus is a skin condition that triggers rash on the cheeks. It is an autoimmune disease.
- Diseases like chickenpox, measles, can cause skin rashes and itchy blisters. These commonly occur in children.
To know more about our trendsetting skin rashes products you can consult one of our doctors for free. Visit www.biogetica.com now!
You can use home remedies to cure rashes on the skin naturally. Home remedies give quick relief from the symptoms. Some of the home remedies are:
- Oatmeal: Oatmeal gives relief from skin rashes quickly as it is made up of anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. You can take an oatmeal powder and add it to a bathtub of lukewarm water. Immerse your body into the bathtub for half-an-hour and rinse with a cool gentle shower to get relief. You can also make an oatmeal poultice by adding water to the oatmeal and apply it gently all over the affected skin area. It will cool your skin and heal it quickly.
- Baking soda: It is believed to possess anti-inflammatory properties. You can mix 4 tbsp of baking soda and water to make a paste. Apply it to the affected area and rinse with cool water after 10 minutes.
- Menthol: Menthol produces a cooling effect on the skin. It also relieves pain and itching. It is believed to reduce severe itching quickly.
- Wet wrap therapy: In this therapy, you have to apply water-soaked fabric wraps made of surgical netting on the itchy areas of skin. The wet wraps will hydrate your skin and produce a soothing effect. It also protects from scratching. Before applying wet wraps, you can pat the area with a moisturizer to get better results.
- Avoid irritants: People suffering from skin rashes should avoid using irritants. They should avoid bathing or showering in hot water because it causes dryness of the skin and may irritate the skin.
- You can use a humidifier to maintain indoor humidity in your house. It can also reduce the dryness of your home and can help to reduce the symptoms of rashes.
- Avoid using fragranced skincare products such as perfumes because such products can produce skin irritation and redness.
- Avoid wearing clothes made from synthetic fiber or wool. Such clothes may rub against the skin and can produce irritation and roughness. Wear loose-fitting cotton clothes so that your skin can breathe properly.
- Stress: Stress is the most common factor that may trigger itching. If you remain under stress it may aggravate skin irritation. Therefore, avoid stress and use stress-busting therapies such as meditation, listening to music, or keeping yourself busy.
Many herbs are found to be effective for skin rashes. Herbs help in quick healing and give natural radiance to your skin.
- Tinospora Cordifolia: Studies suggest that this natural herb is traditionally believed in quick healing of skin rashes and gives a glow to your skin. 
- Rubia Cordifolia: Studies suggest that this natural herb traditionally supports the structure and functioning of skin cells and brings radiance to your skin. 
- Azadirachta Indica (Neem): Studies suggest that this natural herb is traditionally believed to possess anti-inflammatory properties and help in healing the skin naturally. 
- Curcumin: Studies suggest that this natural herb is traditionally believed to make your skin glow naturally. It is believed to boost your immune system. 
To know more about skin rashes, you can consult our doctors from or visit https://www.biogetica.com/are-there-natural-home-remedies-for-allergies
You can treat skin rashes at home by using home remedies. But, you should consult a doctor if the following symptoms appear:
- If itching lasts for more than two weeks and aggravates regularly.
- If itching is accompanied by unusual rashes, swelling and bumps.
- If you notice signs of infection such as discharge of pus or smell.
- If you experience itching all over the body.
What To Expect From Your Doctor?
The above symptoms may occur due to another health issue that may need immediate medical attention. Your health care provider may do a physical examination to check the rash. He may ask you questions about your diet, medical history, recent use of products and personal hygiene. A doctor can check your symptoms and can identify the real cause and can offer you the best treatment. He may ask you to get a blood test done for a definite diagnosis of rashes. He may also refer you to a dermatologist for a proper diagnosis of your condition.
You can get in touch with one of our doctors now, visit www.biogetica.com for more information!
Tips To Prevent Skin Rashes
You can also use a few prevention tips given here to prevent rashes.
- Use mild and gentle body soaps and cleansers. Avoid using scented soaps or body wash because such products may aggravate skin rash.
- Use lukewarm water for bathing. Avoid using hot water to bathe and wash your skin and hair.
- Do not rub the rash. Pat gently using a soft tissue.
- Keep the rash open so that your skin can breathe easily. Do not cover it with clothing.
- Avoid using new skincare products that may aggravate the rash.
- Use unscented moisturizing lotion to the affected areas of the skin to get relief from itching.
- Do not scratch your skin because it can make your skin rash worse and can cause infection.
- You can use natural cream or lotion and apply it to the affected area of the skin. Aloe Vera is a natural substance that produces a cooling effect on the skin.
- If you have dandruff, wash your hair regularly using a mild shampoo.
- Eat more fruits and green leafy vegetables to provide proper nutrients to the skin. Add anti-oxidant foods to your diet to heal your skin quickly.
- Drink more water to keep your skin well-hydrated.
To know more about our protocols, or get any health-related advice, please visit www.biogetica.com and consult with our specialist team available 24/7 for your assistance.