Giloy : Overview, Uses and Research
Giloy is also known as Tinospora cordifolia, heart-leaved moonseed, and gaduchi. There are many other common names for giloy, such as Chakralakshanika, Amrita, Gulancha, Gurcha, Galac, Thippateega, Amritaballi, Chittamrutu, Gulvel, and Amarlata. Giloy has been used in Ayurvedic and Sidha medicinal science for centuries to boost the immune system, improving joints health, respiratory, digestion, and kidney functioning.
Giloy is Traditionally used for:
- Boosting immunity
- Improving digestion
- Digesting sugar and act as a hypo-glycaemic agent
- Reducing the toxins, boosting the memory and calming the mind
- Possessing natural anti-inflammatory and anti-arthritic properties
- Improving respiratory functioning
- Improving vision
- Enhancing skin function
Giloy Nutritional properties:
Giloy is rich with plenty of alkaloids, it also consists of substances such as steroids, flavonoids, lignans, carbohydrates, calcium, zinc, phosphorus, copper, iron and manganese.
Various clinical studies have been conducted
to identify the therapeutic benefits of giloy.
Some of the studies conducted include:
- Research for SARS suggest that giloy (tinospora cordifolia) may be of benefit in boosting up the immune system against viral infections.
- Study suggests that giloy is helpful in improving lung functioning to a great extent.
- Research shows giloy can be used as a hepato-protector.
- Study suggests that giloy (tinospora cordifolia) possesses natural anti-inflammatory and anti-arthritic properties.
- Study shows giloy may help in the digestion of sugar and fats.
We’ve combined this natural extract in several of our protocols that help support the boost immune system, digestion, respiratory and liver function.
Browse through our Range of Natural Health Protocols that blend giloy with other potent, bioavailable and clinically renowned ingredients:
Dr Khyati Dave is a licensed Homeopathy Physician and Nutritional Consultant. With Biogetica, she has witnessed many patients, who had otherwise given up hope, heal faster supplemented by our natural methods. She considers consulting Biogetica patients her primary responsibility and honour. She often writes about nutrition, natural treatment methods and diet. Her mission is to apply her medical talents to help each patient heal faster and do her best to give the immunity of patients with so called ‘incurable’ diseases a fighting chance.