Health Benefits of Curcuma Longa
Curcuma longa commonly known as Turmeric or Haldi is a spice exponentially used in Asian food. Curcuma longa has several well-known uses including culinary, dark yellow dye used in food coloring and cosmetics and also therapeutically used as a natural herb to that benefits almost all the systems of the body with health advantages such as improves circulation, boost the immune system, enhance cognitive memory, improve liver, skin, joint and respiratory functioning.
Curcuma Longa is Traditionally used for:
- Improving joint health and reduces pain and swelling
- Facilitating muscular movements
- Benefiting the structure and function of the liver
- Detoxifying the body
- Rejuvenating the skin
- Enhancing cognitive memory
- Improving blood circulation
- Aiding respiratory function
- Easing cold and flu symptoms
- Reducing inflammation
- Cleaning and healing wounds
Curcuma Longa Nutritional properties:
Phytochemical components include numerous curcuminoids, such as curcumin, demethoxycurcumin, and bisdemethoxycurcumin. Curcuma longa contains protein, carbohydrates, fats, dietary minerals, dietary fibers, and essential oils.
Various clinical studies have been conducted to identify the therapeutic benefits of Curcuma longa.
Some of the studies conducted include:
- Study suggests potential benefits of alkaloids derived from turmeric have shown potentially strong inhibitory effects on the neuraminidases from two influenza viral strains.
- Research suggests curcuma longa possesses anti-viral properties by boosting the immune system.
- Study indicates curcuma longa holds skin improving and memory enhancing properties.
- Research shows curcuma longa works as natural anti-inflammatory along with other herbs.
- Study suggests anti-inflammatory and immune modulatory properties of curcuma longa.
We’ve combined this natural extract in several of our protocols that help support the boost immune system, digestion, respiratory and liver function.
Browse through our Range of Natural Health Protocols that blend curcuma longa with other potent, bioavailable and clinically renowned ingredients: