A Wonder Ingredient- Camphor
Camphor is scientifically known as Cinnamomum Camphor. It is also known as Karpura, Dryobalanops camphora, khapuiw, kafur and kapur Barus, which means “the chalk of Barus” amongst many others. In ancient times, Camphor used to be made by distilling the bark and wood of the camphor tree. But now, camphor is usually manufactured from turpentine oil. It is widely used in the therapeutic industry as a topical ointment or inhaler. It is also used in the plastic industry, pest repellent, preservative, and perfumes.
Traditionally used of Camphor:
- Camphor oil is an ingredient of many vaporub and decongestants. It helps to relieve throat congestion and cold, coryza.
- It improves skin functioning and reduces skin rash.
- Applied topically to relieve pain and swelling in joints and muscles.
- Boosts the immune system and possesses natural anti-fungal properties.
- Camphor oil is known to have a calming effect on the mind, thus helping to induce sleep.
Camphor as explained in Homeopathy:
Camphor has a direct relationship to muscles and fascia and used in musculoskeletal issues. It is used in congestion of nose or headaches. Camphor is also used as an antidote to many other homeopathic remedies.
Various clinical studies have been conducted to identify the therapeutic benefits of the camphor.
Some of the studies conducted include:
- About 50 case reports with symptoms, that were collected by an Iranian doctor working with diagnosed COVID-19 patients, in Iran; were sent to Dr.Shakaran (a renowned homeopathy doctor), who studies the symptoms and suggested Homeopathic remedy Camphora. The patients who were Camphora recovered much more quickly than expected from their exhaustion and collapse and, some were even able to return to work within the week.
- Studies suggest camphor possesses immune boosting properties against influenza virus.
- Research suggests that camphor helps to reduce congestion and improves respiratory function.
- Study suggests that camphor oil along with other oils can help to reduce knee pain and osteoarthritis.
- Camphor oil is traditionally used as a popular decongestant, rubefacient, antiseptic, and anti-inflammatory agent. A human clinical study reported that camphor oil in concentrations of 100%, 75% and 50% apparently cured scabies within 5-10 days.
We’ve combined this natural extract in several of our protocols that help support the boost immune system, respiratory and joint function.
Browse through our Range of Natural Health Protocols that blend camphor with other potent, bioavailable and clinically renowned ingredients: