Psoriasis from a Holistic Perspective
Psoriasis is much more than a stubborn rash and flaky skin. It is a deep seated immune imbalance leading to red, inflamed skin and some serious itching. Moreover, there s no known cure for psoriasis in conventional medicines and all you get are some topical applications, steroids or immunosuppressants full of chemicals that only put the condition in remission temporarily. This is why our doctors have dedicated their lives to precedent –setting research and formulated kits, combining the best of what the earth has to offer for balancing your immune system and enhancing your skin heath. We, therefore, invite you to join the Biogetica family today because you have the right to know about and choose Nature's offerings that contribute to your health and freedom.
Psoriasis is a commonly occurring, multi-factorial, non-contagious, autoimmune skin disease. It affects adults and children alike. Its recurring nature tends to take a toll on your emotions, self-esteem and social life.
Psoriasis occurs when your immune system sends out faulty signals that speed up the growth cycle of skin cells and they replicate at an extremely rapid rate. Psoriasis lesions (psoriatic plaques) are characterized by development of chronic, well-defined, scaly, reddish lesions on the extensor surface of extremities, especially elbows, knees, trunk, back and scalp. Nail involvement is not uncommon and is with pitting changes. Psoriasis can also cause inflammation of your joints, which is known as psoriatic arthritis.
This disorder is chronic in nature, and lesions can vary from a minor localized patch to lesions that spread all over your body. Psoriasis is also associated with other serious health conditions, such as diabetes, heart disease and depression.
According to the National Institute of Health, as many as 7.5 million Americans are affected by psoriasis.
Causes of Psoriasis
The exact cause of psoriasis is unknown. There is evidence of genetic predisposition. Psoriasis, being an autoimmune disorder has autosomal dominant inheritance. People with dry skin are more likely to develop psoriasis than those with oily or well-moisturized skin.
There are many precipitating and aggravating factors. The following are some common causes of psoriasis:
- Stress - Stress (mental and physical) can cause psoriasis to commence for the first time or aggravate existing psoriasis.
- Injury - Psoriasis can appear at the sight of injury (scratches, sunburns, etc.) to skin; this is known as Koebner effect.
- Medications - Drugs like Beta-blockers, Antimalarials, NSAIDs, Lithium, Indomethacin, etc.
- Infections - It is common after streptococcal infection.
- Hormonal fluctuations like menses, puberty and pregnancy
- Endocrine imbalances
Diagnosis of Psoriasis
Diagnosis of psoriasis is often based on the external appearance of the skin. A classical skin clinical sign (Auspitz's sign) of psoriasis is that when the plaques are scraped, one can see pinpoint bleeding from the skin below. A skin biopsy, or scraping, may be done to confirm the diagnosis and rule out other disorders. A positive biopsy for psoriasis will show presence of clubbed Rete pegs.
Lesions of Psoriasis (Psoriasis Plaque) typically appear as red or pink areas of thickened, raised and dry skin.
They may vary in appearance, from small flattened bumps to large thick plaques of raised skin, or red patches, pink mildly dry skin or big flakes of dry skin that flake off.
The affected nails show irregular small pits and separation of the nail plate at distal end, ultimately leading to nail dystrophy.
Sites of predilection are extensor body surfaces, scalp, and areas of trauma, like elbows, knees, palms and soles.
Types of Plaque Psoriasis
- Psoriasis Vulgaris - The most common type, skin lesions seen in psoriasis vulgaris are sharply marginated erythematous plaques, covered with copious silvery-white non-adherent scales. It is typically found on the elbows, knees, scalp and lower back.
- Inverse Psoriasis - This is a condition affecting areas where there is flexural involvement e.g. armpits, groin, under the breasts, and in other skin folds around the genitals and buttocks.
- Guttate psoriasis - It is common in youngsters and is devoid of typical scaling and appears like small drop (gutta = drop) like spots. Lesions are more common on the trunk and limbs.
- Pustular Psoriasis - Pustular psoriasis is characterized by white blisters of non-infectious pus surrounded by red skin. This is found to be prevalent in adults.
- Erythrodermic Psoriasis - An inflammatory form of psoriasis that affects most of the body's surface. Skin lesions in erythrodermic psoriasis are often accompanied by severe itching and pain, increased heart rate and fever. It causes protein and fluid loss that can lead to severe illness.
- Sebo Psoriasis - A scalp psoriasis, where seborrhoeic dermatitis co-exists with psoriasis.
- Palmoplantar Psoriasis - Psoriatic affection of palms and soles.
- Exfoliative Psoriasis - A very violent form of psoriasis, usually due to abrupt discontinuation of systemic steroids, aggressive coal tar or PUVA therapy and administration of antimalarials.
- Psoriatic Arthropathy - A type of psoriasis in which the joints are affected with inflammation and stiffness.
Daily Tips for Psoriasis Care
Along with your psoriasis medication, we recommend the following psoriasis care tips to help ease your symptoms and keep inflammation, patches, and itchy skin in check. These self-care tips for psoriasis are especially helpful during winter, when psoriasis is often aggravated.
- Shower or bathe with lukewarm water and use a moisturizing body wash. This improves psoriasis lesions by softening and hydrating the thick, scaly patches. Limit baths to 10 minutes to avoid aggravation.
- Avoid scrubbing.
- Apply moisturizer after a shower or bath, as this helps to lock in hydration and minimizes flaking of psoriatic scales.
- Use lightweight clothes made from cotton or linen - they do not trap heat and are not rough on your skin.
- Practice meditation and yoga - they are effective stress busters.
- Avoid or overcome precipitating or triggering factors.
- A warm climate may help to control relapses.
- Avoid smoking.
- There is some evidence to link alcohol with psoriasis. So, alcohol must be avoided altogether.
- Raising your general immunity with a good nutritious diet and regular exercise is also helpful.
Conventional Treatment of Psoriasis
Conventional treatments for Psoriasis include Salicylic acid, Steroid-based creams, Calcipotriene, Coal-tar ointments and Shampoos, Prescription Retinoids, Immunosuppressants (such as cyclosporine) and Light therapy.
These medicines may soothe the condition while they are taken, none of them are known to cure Psoriasis. Not only do they look at Psoriasis from a superficial, symptomatic perspective, they also carry with them a host of side-effects.
Salicylic acid may lead to skin irritation and weaken hair shafts, which may cause breakage and temporary hair loss. Steroid-based creams may cause burning, dryness, irritation, and thinning of the skin. Coal-tar ointments and Shampoos may lead to a pimple-like rash affecting the hair follicles. Light therapy too, is a far less popular method to treat Psoriasis today, owing to its carcinogenic propensities. Immuno suppressants may also put you at a higher risk for Cancer because the immune system also protects you from this disease.
Systemic Therapy Research into the causes of Psoriasis has led to the development of drugs that usually follow two strategies: anti-T cell strategies (efalizumab and alefacept) and anticytokine strategies (monoclonal antibodies - MABs). Medications with the least potential for adverse reactions are preferentially employed.
Recurrence of Psoriasis is common after the systemic treatment is discontinued.
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
CBT is used in addition to traditional therapies for the management of psoriasis. It is helpful for psychological rehabilitation of the person suffering from psoriasis.
Topical Applications- The mainstay of therapy is topical medication, although it tends to be cumbersome and time-consuming.Moisturizers, mineral oils, petroleum jelly, baths, etc, are used to reduce the dryness of the skin.Medicated creams and ointments are used to reduce inflammation and reduce plaques. Psoriasis ointments usually contain - coal tar, anthralin, corticosteroids, argan oil, etc. They often irritate the normal skin and some have adverse reactions with long-term use.
Photo therapy- The topically effective anti-psoriatic medication consists of sunlight (Ultra violet). In hospitals, often UV light is used in combination with various other topical applications such as coal tar, retinoids, antralin, etc. This treatment however, needs to be monitored carefully for possible carcinogenic effect.
Photo chemotherapy- Photo therapy (PUVA) is a combination of oral or topical administration of psoralen with exposure to ultraviolet A (UVA) light. This therapy too has possible carcinogenic effect and needs to be monitored professionally.
Natural Remedies for Psoriasis
Natural herbs for psoriasis are believed to empower the immune system & address the root cause of Psoriasis, which is imperative for lasting relief and freedom.Biogetica'snatural herbal extracts are traditionally believed to work by reducing inflammation & itching and improving overall dermal health.
Biogetica’s Advanced Natural Approach that combines Supplements, Ayurveda and Homeopathy
Since your psoriasis keeps recurring and has many triggering factors, you naturally tend to look at it as a disease that is difficult to treat. But, the bottom line is that your psoriasis is caused by your body's maladaptive immune responses.
Biogetica uses a unique combination of natural remedies to balance your tendency for altered immune responses. As a result, your internal and external aggravating factors stop causing psoriasis symptoms!
These natural medicines are safe and not habit-forming. They do not react adversely with other conventional medicines, and can safely be used by children and pregnant women.
Our natural approach is traditionally believed to restore the skin to normalcy by:
- Relieving inflammation
- Aiding the shedding of silvery scales from the skin
- Softening the hardened skin.
- Making the immune system less responsive to triggering factors like emotional disturbances.
- Making the skin look healthy.
- Biogetica's integrative approach towards reclaiming your health and freedom represents the convergence of Allopathic medicine, Yogic Sciences, Quantum Physics, modern Bio-energetic and ancient natural healing systems such as Ayurveda, Chinese Medicine, Shamanism and Homeopathy.
Biogetica Money Back Guarantee We have a 100% money-back guarantee, to support our firm belief in our products, and to build trust in customers who have been facing battles they thought would be lifelong! You may return the products within 90 days of your order date for a full refund of the purchase price. You may alternatively request a free consultation and additional remedies if you are not 100% better. Our mission is fulfilled only when you are better. Hence, we stand by our customers and do what it takes to make you feel great! We can afford to do this, because the customers who re-order or refer us to friends and family, are 20 times more than those who ask for a return. So, go ahead and give us a try. You'll be glad you did.
The Biogetica Approach
Biogetica is a collective of Drs and Holistic Healthcare practitioners dedicated to holistic healing, with evidence based natural remedies & advanced bio energetic therapies.
- Heal the entire being
Heal the entire being
Biogetica has a unique and comprehensive Holographic model of healing which synthesizes all the medicine systems to simultaneously ease physical, mental, emotional layers of your being.
You, as a living, thinking, feeling, vibrating being, are much more than a collection of inter-related chemical processes. You are life itself. Life can never be reduced to a series of chemical reactions as chemical reactions cannot create life. Every thought, emotion, vibration or action leads to a series of chemical changes in the body. All ailments are a result of disharmony in the life force. Biogetica recognizes this and balances the ENTIRE BEING, bringing mind, body and soul into harmony, for lasting results. Treating an ailment on molecular level alone, seldom has a lasting effect as the untreated social, emotional, mental, spiritual and energetic patterns cause the ailment to manifest once again on a physical plane. Holistic healing is necessary for lasting relief. Biogetica, therefore, uses Resonance Homeopathy to harmonize the entire being; flower essences to attune the mind; Ayurvedic, Tibetan and Chinese herbs to balance the energetic and the physiological manifestation of the five elements; and nutraceuticals to coordinate cellular nutrition.
- Look for natural solutions
Look for natural solutions
Our bodies are made of and supported by nature and therefore can only be healed by nature in the long term. Chemicals are often necessary for immediate change in an acute situation but tend to do the body more harm than good in the long run. Hence, Biogetica’s Doctors are dedicated to providing natural solutions that are supported by evidence and prior use. To us, the argument is fairly obvious: One would use wood to fix a desk made of wood or metal to fix a car made of metal, so why use chemicals to fix a body made of nature?
Nature has blessed the Earth with natural medicines and healing mechanisms. It would be wise not to ignore them. The intelligence of nature is much greater than that of man. Unfortunately, man still focuses on chemical medicines, as they can be patented and sold for huge profits. Allopathic attempts to treat chronic ailments by interfering directly with the chemical processes using man-made substances, has essentially been a failure. We claim to be cracking the gene code, but we still can't cure a cold with man-made substances!!! Homeopathic and Naturopathic methods are never studied and verified by governing bodies, as there is no one who will spend millions obtaining an approval on herbs, knowing that they cannot be patented and sold exclusively by them.
- Appeal to the balancing forces inherent in all nature
Appeal to the balancing forces inherent in all nature
Life cannot be recreated with chemical interactions and there is much more to life than molecular interactions. Our bodies are the most advanced pharmacies on the planet and millions of functions happen each minute with astounding precision. Biogetica therapies are designed to appeal to the balancing forces apparent in all nature by reminding and stimulating the body towards a certain function. The nutraceuticals in our kits provide specific nutrition for a function, the herbs in our kits balance the terrain of the body so that it is able to perform that function and the resonance homeopathics are designed to remind the body to be in resonance with that very function.
- From medication to meditation
From medication to meditation
Good health and freedom involves every aspect of our being including diet, lifestyle, exercise, emotional states, thoughts and energetic patterns. Biogetica Drs have therefore designed diet, nutrition, exercise and meditation protocols specific to various life situations. We encourage you to actively partake in these for best results.
Evidence Based Natural Solutions
Biogetica's mission is to heal the people of this globe with evidence based natural remedies and thereby once again give nature's medicines the respect they deserve.
Our holistic doctors believe that a natural protocol aimed at all the root causes is the best way to get sustainable relief and freedom.
Studies indicate that ingredients may balance the immune system by regulating the number and activities of circulating immune cells.
Studies suggest that ingredients may support epithelial proliferation and reduce skin flaking.