- ABOUT US
- OUR APPROACH
- CLINICAL TRIALS
- TV INTERVIEW
- Emphysema Treatment Options
- About Emphysema
- Our Approach
- Diet Recommendations
- Our Assurance Consult with a Biogetica Practitioner
Ignoring Emphysema will Only Make it Worse!
Emphysema refers to a progressively degenerative condition where the lungs lose their elasticity as the alveolar walls get destroyed. Thus the person gets an inedequate supply of oxygen and goes on a rapid downward spiral where their quality of life rapidly declines sometimes leading to death. Bronchodilators and steroids, which are two of the US FDA approved treatments of Emphysema, temporarily mask symptoms while doing nothing to restore lung health.
Ayurveda, TCM and Homeopathy have a long history, supported by modern research, of potentially benefiting the structure and function of our lungs. Helping the lungs is of obvious importance here and there is no lack of prior use or modern evidence to show that nature can heal the lungs. Ayurveda, however, is only considered medicine in India just like TCM is only considered medicine in China. Homeopathy is medicine in most of this planet but within USA it can only be used for over the counter ailments and not Emphysema. Hence, despite the research, no direct disease claims can be made for these systems of alternative medicine in certain countries and you must visit a Doctor licensed in your state for the treatment or cure of emphysema. You, however, are free to consult one of our naturally inclined Doctors or take any herb or homeopathic you wish to, for lung health.
You may speak with our precedent setting Homeopaths & Ayurvedic Doctors to boost your lung health by clicking here. You may view our ground breaking evidence based full spectrum lung health kits here.
About Emphysema, Its diagnosis and symptoms
Emphysema refers to a condition where the lungs lose their elasticity and become dilated and the alveolar walls are destroyed. This reduces the expansion capacity of the lungs, resulting in inadequate supply of oxygen to the body and an inadequate exchange of Carbon Dioxide. Emphysema is almost always part of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD). However COPD is a broader blanket term that also includes Chronic Bronchitis.
Biogetica Doctors evaluate all research before formulating a kit
Numerous herbs, homeopathic ingredients and supplements are being studied globally for improving lung function and balancing your respiratory system.
Below is information on the more compelling and popular ingredients that we have found after studying all possibilities from traditional medicine systems and the latest research available today.
Each country's laws on natural medicine are different and therefore no blanket claims of Emphysema cure or treatment can be made legally across various lands. Some countries consider Ayurveda, TCM and Homeopathy to be medicine and others do not.
However, it is your birth right to know about and choose any herb, supplement or homeopathic you wish to take for lung health and wellbeing.
We strive each day to give natural medicine the respect it deserves and hope that you will join us in this quest today. We vow to be with you every step of the way on the road from disease to ease that manifests each day!
Research on Herbal Ingredients:
- Curcuma longa: Curcumin extracted from Curcuma longa or turmeric is traditionally believed to be effective against inflammation. It is believed to inhibit the formation of inflammatory cells and promote healthy functioning of air sacs. An In vivo study on effects of curcumin reported that curcumin helped improve lung functions by reducing the inflammatory cells induced by cigarette smoke. 1
- Panax Ginseng: This herb possesses constituents that are traditionally believed to improve lung function and alleviate inflammatory responses. A recent study highlighted that ginseng has antioxidant properties that may prove beneficial in limiting processes that compromise lung health. 2
- Nigella Sativa: Popularly known as Black Cumin, the extracts or seeds of this plant have so many therapeutic properties that traditional medicinal systems term it as a panacea of all health issues. A study indicated that seeds of this plant were found to potentially lessen cigarette smoke and elastase induced pulmonary inflammation and also improve breathing capacity. Furthermore, the plant extract had no reported side effect even at high doses. 3
- Antimonium tartaricum: It is a well known homeopathic remedy traditionally used for healing inflamed respiratory passages. It is believed to boost the immune system, expel mucus and improve the structure and functioning of the bronchioles.4
- Vitamin D: This vitamin is believed to greatly help in improving the structure and functions of the lungs. It is also potentially involved in improving bone health that is often adversely affected as a result of using corticosteroids. In the randomized clinical study conducted, Vitamin D supplementation improved lung function and greatly benefitted in clearing mucus, improving breathlessness and easing chest tightness. 5
Bronchodilators and Steroids are the most popular US FDA approved medicines most widely used for Emphysema. Within the USA one must visit a Doctor licensed in their State for the diagnosis, treatment and "cure" of emphysema.
Ayurveda and TCM are considered medicine in India and China respectively and the huge populations of both countries tend to appreciate them.
Homeopathy is considered medicine in most lands on the globe. However in USA now, its use is limited to over the counter ailments. Europe is more accommodating, however, and Switzerland recently passed a law that insures insurance coverage is provided for those who prefer homeopathic treatment.
Supplements, globally, can only be used and marketed to support the structure and functions of the lungs and cannot be used to treat any ailment.
Why do Steroids and Bronchodilators not cure Emphysema?
Steroids affect the body in the following ways. Their main mechanism of action includes decreasing inflammation, suppressing the body's immune system, blocking DNA formation as well as blocking histamine production. Inhaled corticosteroids only provide symptomatic relief and do not address the root cause of the problem. Moreover, the main possible side effects of steroids include osteoporosis, cataract formation, weight gain, and increased vulnerability to infections due to a suppressed immune system. Ulcers, diabetes, increased blood pressure and blood glucose are also reported side effects.
Bronchodilators are often used as rescue medication to open the airway passages. Although, they help in providing immediate temporary relief, increased heart rate, irregular heartbeats and palpitations are some serious side effects caused by Bronchodilators.
A Healthy Respiratory System is Essential to Balance Your Being.
Herbs, Supplements, Ayurveda, Homeopathy, Meditation and Pranayama are all believed to help keep your Respiratory System healthy!** Biogetica brings them into your life from the far corners of this earth in a unique set of products and services designed to accompany you back to health and wellness.
Consult With one of our Homeopathic or Ayurvedic Specialists Now!
Our Natural Health Practitioners will guide you to understand and balance your constitution and respiratory system. ** Now is a great moment to start the journey back to health and freedom! Each journey begins with one step.
The complementary advice of our naturally inclined Homeopathic or Ayurvedic practitioners does not replace the advice of a licensed Doctor in your state. Our message is one of love, not hate. We don't claim to cure or treat any disease, but vow to be with you every step of the way, to ease. **
Only Biogetica Doctors have access to our unique line of groundbreaking, precedent setting, all natural products consisting of evidence based ayurvedic herbs, advanced resonance homeopathic ingredients and nutraceuticals.
Browse Through our FULL SPECTRUM Lung Support Kits
Our Full spectrum kits are a synergistic combination of evidence based natural solutions that will potentially lead you back to health and freedom. Our multidisciplinary natural kits meticulously deliver the best the earth has to offer to your doorstep.
P.S. We put people before profits and will deliver these services to you against any donation if you truly cannot afford them. You may email us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to avail of this donation based program.
We measure our success in lives improved, so do keep the comments and testimonials coming. We thank those who share their stories in order to help others in the same predicament. Your results may wary and we will walk with you every step of the way, on the journey from dis-ease to ease.
Treatment Options for Emphysema
Conventional treatment has no cure for emphysema. However, there are many medications to relieve symptoms and assuage the damage.
- Inhalers (bronchodilators) to open the airways, such as ipratropium (Atrovent), tiotropium (Spiriva), salmeterol (Serevent), formoterol (Foradil), or albuterol
- Anti-inflammatory medications such as montelukast (Singulair) and roflimulast are sometimes used
Oxygen therapy and pulmonary rehabilitation are other procedures which are used in this condition.
In some cases, surgery is advised to remove damaged tissue.
Quitting smoking, avoiding exposure to pollutants and irritants as well as exercise under supervision are the major lifestyle interventions vital to the management to the disease.
Complementary Natural Care
Natural treatment of Emphysema even with Homeopathy is not permitted in your region.
The damage to the air sacs and the obstruction of the bronchioles are the root causes of this condition. Natural Alternatives including Ayurveda and Homeopathy are believed to support the lungs in functioning optimally. No cure or treatment claim can be made in countries that do not support TCM, Ayurveda and Homeopathy.
NOTE: Testimonials claiming a cure or treatment or mentioning a particular ailment can no longer be associated with health products in the US of A. Hence, in compliance with the law, Biogetica is no longer able to show you most of the thousands of letters we have received from patients over the years. However we still encourage you to keep sending testimonials for a better day when these laws change and bring back freedom of Speech!
Our lungs are normally very spongy and elastic. There are about 3 million tiny structures called alveoli in each lung. Alveoli are very small air sacs that are arranged like a bunch of grapes. It is here that the transfer of oxygen and carbon dioxide takes place.
In Emphysema, the alveolar walls are destroyed. This makes the lungs stiffer and less elastic. As a result, air is unable to move out of the lungs properly and gets trapped inside the lungs. The reduced expansion of the lungs during the next breath reduces the amount of air that is inhaled. As a result, there is inadequate supply of oxygen to the body.
Emphysema falls in the broad category of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD). It is an irreversible state, but the progression of the disease can often be slowed down with correct lifestyle changes and appropriate medication.
Allopathic treatments for Emphysema include bronchodilators, like Albuterol and deep acting drugs like Theophylline. However these Allopathic treatments do not cure Emphysema. They are merely a way of suppressing symptoms.
Emphysema occurs due to destruction of the alveolar tissue. There are many reasons for this and risk factors that are associated with it. These include:
Smoking: Cigarette smoke causes inflammation and irritation of airways and destroys alveoli. It disrupts the sweeping action of the tiny hair called cilia that help to keep the airways clean.
This results in mucus build-up, which attracts bacteria and leads to infection. The immune cells of the lungs are constantly triggered to release destructive enzymes to combat the bacterial infection. Over a period of time, these enzymes lead to loss of the proteins that help maintain the elasticity of lungs.
In healthy individuals, there is a substance in the lungs called Alpha-1-antitrypsin. This protects the lung tissues from the destructive action of Trypsin. But in certain people, there is deficiency of Alpha-1-Antitrypsin. As a result, the lung tissue is slowly destroyed. This decreases the ability of the lungs to perform properly.
Air pollution irritates the airways in a manner similar to cigarette smoke. Over a period of time, it leads to inflammation and tissue destruction.
People who have a family history of Emphysema are at a higher risk of developing it.
Men are more likely to develop Emphysema than women. The exact reason for this is unknown, but differences between male and female hormones are suspected.
Lung functioning declines with age, so older people are more prone to develop Emphysema.
People suffering from bronchial asthma or chronic bronchitis are at a higher risk of Emphysema.
Symptoms of Emphysema
The development of Emphysema is a very gradual process. A person may first observe any one of the following symptoms, as they develop slowly:
Persistent Cough - The cilia which are responsible for clearing up the airway passage are affected. As a result, there is lot of mucus in the passage, which does not get cleared up and leads to persistent cough.
Shortness of Breath - Gradual accumulation of mucus leads to blockage of the airways and further inflammation, causing breathlessness.
Purse-lip Breathing - This is a characteristic of emphysema that is assumed to be adopted as an attempt to aid exhalation against the resistance, to prevent air trapping.
Diagnosis of Emphysema
If the physician suspects Emphysema, he may first perform a complete physical examination, carefully examining the shape of the chest. People with Emphysema may develop a barrel chest (the distance from the chest to the back is reduced). After this, the physician may advise the following tests:
Chest X-Ray - This will indicate if there is any infection present in the passages.
Lung function tests - These tests measure the functional capacity of the lungs and help the doctor understand the condition of the lungs.
Blood tests - These may be done to check the white blood-cell count, which increases during an acute infection. In suspected cases, blood is also screened for genetic diseases like alpha-1-antitrypsin deficiency. Very often, blood is also tested for levels of oxygen and carbon dioxide.
Biogetica's approach to healing is based on the following:
1. HEAL THE ENTIRE BEING:
2. LOOK FOR NATURAL SOLUTIONS:
3. APPEAL TO THE BALANCING FORCES INHERENT IN ALL NATURE:
4. 'FROM MEDICATION TO MEDITATION':
1. HEAL THE ENTIRE BEING: Biogetica has a unique and comprehensive Holographic model of healing which synthesizes all the traditional natural health systems to simultaneously ease physical, mental, emotional layers of your being.
You, as a living, thinking, feeling, vibrating being, are much more than a collection of inter-related chemical processes. You are life itself. Life can never be reduced to a series of chemical reactions as chemical reactions cannot create life. Every thought, emotion, vibration or action leads to a series of chemical changes in the body. Biogetica recognizes this and balances the ENTIRE BEING, bringing mind, body and soul into harmony. Treating an ailment on molecular level alone, seldom has a lasting effect as the untreated social, emotional, mental, spiritual and energetic patterns cause the ailment to manifest once again on a physical plane. Holistic healing is necessary for lasting relief. Biogetica, therefore, uses Resonance Homeopathic to harmonize the entire being; flower essences to attune the mind; Ayurvedic, Tibetan and Chinese herbs to balance the energetic and the physiological manifestation of the five elements; and nutraceuticals to coordinate cellular nutrition.
2. LOOK FOR NATURAL SOLUTIONS: Our bodies are made of and supported by nature and therefore can only be healed by nature in the long term. Chemicals are often necessary for immediate change in an acute situation but tend to do the body more harm than good in the long run. Hence, Biogetica's Doctors are dedicated to providing natural solutions that are supported by evidence and prior use. To us, the argument is fairly obvious: One would use wood to fix a desk made of wood or metal to fix a car made of metal, so why use chemicals to fix a body made of nature?
Nature has blessed the Earth with natural remedies and healing mechanisms. It would be wise not to ignore them. The intelligence of nature is much greater than that of man. Unfortunately, man still focuses on chemical medicines, as they can be patented and sold for huge profits. Allopathic attempts to treat chronic ailments by interfering directly with the chemical processes using man-made substances, has essentially been a failure. We claim to be cracking the gene code, but we still can't cure a cold with man-made substances!!! Homeopathic and Naturopathic methods are never studied and verified by governing bodies, as there is no one who will spend millions obtaining an approval on herbs, knowing that they cannot be patented and sold exclusively by them.
3. APPEAL TO THE BALANCING FORCES INHERENT IN ALL NATURE: Life cannot be recreated with chemical interactions and there is much more to life than molecular interactions. Our bodies are the most advanced pharmacies on the planet and millions of functions happen each minute with astounding precision. Biogetica therapies are designed to appeal to the balancing forces apparent in all nature by reminding and stimulating the body towards a certain function. The nutraceuticals in our kits provide specific nutrition for a function, the herbs in our kits balance the terrain of the body so that it is able to perform that function and the resonance homeopathics are designed to remind the body to be in resonance with that very function.
4. 'FROM MEDICATION TO MEDITATION' : Good health and freedom involves every aspect of our being including diet, lifestyle, exercise, emotional states, thoughts and energetic patterns. Biogetica Drs have therefore designed diet, nutrition, exercise and meditation protocols specific to various life situations. We encourage you to actively partake in these for best results.
- Emphysema sufferers should follow a diet appropriate for general good health and immunity, including consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables, lean meats and fish, whole grain breads and cereals, and oils low in omega-6 fatty acids such as olive oil or canola oil.
- Vitamin C and E plays a specific role in getting rid of Emphysema.
- Milk or Dairy products, oily food, should be moderated
- Avoid cold foods and drinks.
- Frozen, canned and preserved food with artificial color and additives should be completely avoided as there are certain substances can worsen Emphysema.
- Freshly expressed garlic juice 10 to 15 drops with honey and warm water should be taken internally.
- Mix, onion juice cup, honey 1 tablespoon and black pepper 1/8 tablespoon.
- Mix licorice and ginger together. Take tablespoon in 1 cup of water for relief.
- Drink a glass of 2/3 carrot juice, 1/3 spinach juice, 3 times a day.
- Add 30-40 leaves of Basil in a liter of water, strain the leaves and drink the water throughout the day.
- A loose poultice of the linseed seeds may be applied for obtaining relief in chest troubles. , The counter-irritant effect of the poultice can be enhanced by dusting mustard powder over it.
Not sure if you believe in our natural products? We do, and are willing to back this up with a satisfaction or 100% money-back guarantee. So, you have nothing to lose by giving our products a try. If you are not satisfied you may return the products for a full refund!**
We have a 100% money-back guarantee, to support our firm belief in our products, and to build trust in customers who have been facing battles they thought would be lifelong! If you are not 100% better, you may return the products within 90 days of your order date for a full refund of the purchase price. or alternatively request a free consultation and additional remedies. Our mission is fulfilled only when you are better. Hence, we stand by our customers and do what it takes to make you feel great! We can afford to do this, because the customers who re-order or refer us to friends and family, are 20 times more than those who ask for a return. So, go ahead and give us a try. You'll be glad you did.
© Biogetica 2014. All rights reserved.