There are several conventional medicines prescribed for treating infertility depending on whether the condition is related to the male or female gender. However, these Allopathic treatments do not cure Infertility as they do not address the root causes. They are merely a way of suppressing symptoms.
Treatment for Female Infertility
Ovulation inducing drugs are used for women with anovulation or oligoovulation.
The drugs used are: Clomiphine citrate, Human menopausal gonadotrophin (HMG), Gonadotrophin releasing hormone (GnRH), Bromocryptine and Corticosteroids.
Clomiphine Citrate may cause side-effects such as, hot-flushes, visual blurring, abdominal pain or bloating, urticaria and some amount of hair loss.
Human menopause gonadotrophin may cause side-effects like ovarian hyper stimulation, ovarian enlargement, and very rarely a large ovarian cyst with ascites and pleural effusion.
Bromocryptine may cause nausea, vomiting and diarrhea, headaches, dizziness and even hypotension. In cases of tuberculosis, a full course of anti-tubercular treatment is given.
In case of endometriosis, (where fragments of the endometrial lining are found outside the uterus) danazol treatment is given.
Surgical Rx for Female Infertility
- Cervical dilatation and uterine curettage (D&C) is found useful, as in some cases there is intracervical fibrous ring obstruction.
- Fenton’s operation is done for tight hymeneal ring with vaginismus in newly married women, where penile entry into the vagina is incomplete or impossible.
- Myomectomy is indicated in young women where sub mucus fibromyoma is found to be the only reason.
- Metroplasty is performed in double or septate uterus with tendency to repeated abortions.
- Tuboplasty is done to remove tubal blocks.
- Cervical suture operation is indicated in repeated mid pregnancy abortions due to cervical incompetence.
- Micro surgical wedge resection on ovaries in polycystic ovarian disease and ovarian cystectomy in the case of chocolate cysts are done.
Treatment for Male Infertility
For low sperm count, tablet clomiphene is given to stimulate spermatogenesis. Testosterone is given, but has not been documented to be effective.
Impotence due to psychoses or the use of antidepressants, hypotensives and tranquilizers can be corrected on controlled use of these drugs.
Smoking and excess alcohol consumption should be stopped.
Plastic splints when used with the penis help in penetration and emission even if there is no erection.
In the case of premature ejaculation, all the causes of impotence are treated. The patient is advised pelvic floor exercise and the squeeze technique.
In immunological infertility, corticosteroid therapy is given.
Obstruction of epididymus or vas is corrected surgically in case of obstructive azoospermia. In case of oligozoospermia, artificial insemination of husband (AIH) can be done.
Artificial insemination of donors (AID) is indicated in azoospermia or severe oligozoospermia. But this procedure may have medico legal implications.
In vitro fertilization and embryo transfer is now widely used to treat infertile couples with irreparable tubal damage, severe endometriosis, oligozoospermia and unexplained infertility.
Adoption is advised if treatment of an infertile couple fails to result in conception in 2 years or in couples with unexplained infertility who fails to conceive within 3 years.
- Couples are given proper education on healthcare, lifestyle, sex life and conception.
- Women weighing less than 45kgs are put on adequate home resource food; clean drinking water and afternoon rest so that they may put on weight.
- Obese women weighing more than 75 kgs are put on carbohydrate and fat restricted diet programs and daily exercises.
- Anemic women are given oral iron therapy to improve anemia.
- Smoking and alcohol consumption are stopped by both partners.
- The couple is educated to have proper sex daily or on alternate days from the 11th to the 18th day of the menstrual cycle (if cycles are regular).
- If semen flows out of the woman’s vagina, she should lie on one side for 5 minutes pressing the thighs together, keeping the vaginal mouth closed.
Complementary Natural Care
Natural therapies like Ayurveda and Homeopathy have a holistic and comprehensive approach. They are traditionally believed to not only address the symptomatic manifestation of a disorder but also balance the energetic, emotional, mental, physiological and immunological responses of the individual. **
Every single ingredient in every Biogetica kit has huge amounts of traditional use data from Ayurveda and Homeopathy and is supported by modern studies and trials. However, people and governments today tend to have varying opinions and laws regarding natural supplements and complementary therapies. We, therefore, prefer not to make any claims, but instead, point all Patients and Doctors to independent research and clinical studies that support their effects in a scientific manner. In some cases, we compare the results of these studies to those of pharmaceutical medicines, in order to show that natural products can provide just as much or may be more, when compared to drugs that often have side effects.
In order to present this information in an unbiased and up to date manner, we simply show you Google Scholar search results of all scientific articles available on a certain product or an ingredient. If you do so much as read the synopsis of the research, the choice becomes clear. You can read and compare the results of drug studies and the results of studies on which Biogetica relies. We support you in your right to know and choose drugs or natural alternatives!
The above remedies support the normal functioning of the reproductive organs and also help balance the hormones.
If you have read the research above, you are now in a position to make an intelligent decision. We suggest you discuss this research with your Doctor, or one of our Doctors available online.
CONSULT ONE OF BIOGETICA’S DOCTORS FOR FREE. You can also click directly on any one of the products to purchase it. Please don’t delay, begin your healing journey today!