Zingiber Officinale : Overview, Uses and Research
Clinical uses of Zingiber Officinale
Zingiber officinale is commonly known as ginger or Shunti. It is one of the oldest known and most widely consumed spices. Its scientifical names are Amomum zingiber L., Curcumia longifolia Wall., Zingiber cholmondeleyi (F.M.Bailey) K.Schum., Zingiber majus Rumph., Zingiber missionis Wall. And Zingiber zingiber (L.) H. Karst.
Zingiber officinale is consumed worldwide for culinary and natural therapeutic properties such as anti-inflammatory, joint support, boosts immune system, and digestion.
Zingiber officinale is Traditionally used for:
- Improving digestion and reducing flatulence
- Reducing nausea
- Aiding respiratory function
- Easing cold and flu symptoms
- Reducing inflammation
- Improving joint function
- Supporting cardiovascular health
Zingiber officinale Nutritional properties:
Zinggiber officinale contains numerous antioxidants, phenolic compounds, terpenes, polysaccharides, lipids, organic acids along with dietary fibers, magnesium, manganese, copper, Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B3, Iron, and Phosphorus.
Various clinical studies have been conducted to identify the therapeutic benefits of zingiber officinale.
Some of the studies conducted include:
- Zingiber officinale has been used in TCM, Ayurveda and other herbal traditions for lung health and the potential to reduce the inflammatory process. Studies suggest that zingiber has antiviral activity in human respiratory syncytial viruses.
- Study suggests that zingiber officinale can be used for reducing flatulence, nausea and improve digestion.
- Research shows natural anti-inflammatory effects of zingiber officinale. It also possesses the ability to reduce swelling and cartilage destruction in arthritis patient.
- Study indicates that zingiber possesses many therapeutic properties including improving cardiovascular function. Thus, it is known to be a cardio-tonic.
We’ve combined this natural extract in several of our protocols that help support the digestion, boost immune system, respiratory and cardiac function.
Browse through our Range of Natural Health Protocols that blend zingiber officinale with other potent, bioavailable and clinically renowned ingredients:
Dr Khyati Dave is a licensed Homeopathy Physician and Nutritional Consultant. With Biogetica, she has witnessed many patients, who had otherwise given up hope, heal faster supplemented by our natural methods. She considers consulting Biogetica patients her primary responsibility and honour. She often writes about nutrition, natural treatment methods and diet. Her mission is to apply her medical talents to help each patient heal faster and do her best to give the immunity of patients with so called ‘incurable’ diseases a fighting chance.