Understand the 5 bodies to understand your life!
All wisdom traditions speak of the Human experience as a composite of 5 bodies. Modern science too speaks of all matter existing by virtue of its vibration. It is generally understood that a change in any one body brings a change in all the others as well. It is also accepted that healing must happen across all bodies in order for it to be lasting.
- The physical body supported by the food we eat.
- The etheric body that extends about 6 cm away from the physical body and is anchored into the physical body by a myriad of meridians and the acupuncture points on it. This etheric body is now experienced by many when they speak of their energy body. It is via this etheric body that an emotion or thought brings about a change in our physicality.
- The emotional body often referred to as the astral body. Any change in emotions effects our hormonal glands and then brings a change in the physical body. No emotion occurs without a physical change and generally all physical changes also bring emotional changes.
- The mental or causal body within which thoughts arise and subside. At the outskirts of the mental body lies the ego that identifies each individual body-mind as a separate entity from all life. All thoughts and emotions coalesce around this idea of I, me and mine.
- The Spirit realm which contains the information on perfect function for the physical, etheric, emotional and mental bodies. It is owing to this Spirit realm that we know how to perform a billion different bodily functions with a stunning perfection. Spirit is in a sense the software that runs this hardware of the human body.
So why are we, a seemingly “scientific” firm dedicated to evidence based medicine, telling you this? We are telling you about this as we already know both from our wisdom traditions and from modern scientific data that healing must occur across all these planes for it to be lasting. Sometimes one little change in the mental or emotional body is all it takes. It could be a change of forgiveness or acceptance that brings true peace to our mental and emotional realms and then resolves a physical issue that has hung on for years.
All these bodies are within our everyday experience and one can truly witness them in meditation. Please visit to do these meditations today.
We are here to take you From Medication to Meditation.
Dr Vijay Kamat graduated from K.L.E. society’s Shri B. M. Kankanwadi Ayurved Mahavidyalaya, Belgaum, India; one of the oldest Ayurvedic institutions in India. He is a prestigious member of the Ayurvedic Association of India. He possesses deep ancestral and research-based knowledge of plants, and is passionate about bringing age-old secrets of Ayurveda within the reach of a common man. In keeping with his passion, he is presently leading the medical team of Biogetica – a collective of Doctors dedicated to natural medicine. Together, they work to bring evidence-based natural healing solutions to the world.