BENEFITS, NUTRITIONAL PROPERTIES OF KALMEGH
Benefits of Kalmegh
Kalmegh is also known as Andrographis paniculata, green chireta, Bhunimbh and Kirata Tikta. Kalmegh is widely used in Ayurveda as an immunity booster, respiratory and liver support. Kalmegh is an extremely bitter tasting herb, and therefore has earned its name “King of the Bitters”.
Kalmegh is Traditionally used for:
- Alkalizing properties and support the normal structure and functioning of the intestinal mucosal lining
- Boosting the immune system
- Benefiting the structure and function of the liver
- Detoxifying the body
Kalmegh Nutritional properties:
Kalmegh is a potent medicinal plant in the Indian system of medicine belonging to the family Acanthaceae. It contains a variety of chemical constituents but andrographolides are the major constituent of this plant which is believed to be responsible for most of the biological activities.
Various clinical studies have been conducted to identify the therapeutic benefits of kalmegh.
Some of the studies conducted include:
- Studies suggest that Andrographolides (the major constituent) in Kalmegh are thought to enhance immune system functions such as the production of white blood cells, the release of interferon, and the activity of the lymph system. It is a potent antiviral agent and is also antiproliferative, thus stops the growth of viruses.
- A study suggests that kalmegh is believed to have strong antibacterial properties and boost the immunity to fight with various infectious diseases.
- Research states that kalmegh possess immune-modulatory activities, supports upper respiratory tract functioning and hepatoprotective.
- Study shows kalmegh is significantly helpful in improving liver health.
- Studies conducted to evaluate the tissue-protective activity indicated that arabinoxylan (APPS) which was isolated from the green stem of Andrographis paniculate (kalmegh) possess radical scavenging and antioxidant agents.
We’ve combined this natural extract in several of our protocols that help support the boost immune system, digestion, respiratory and liver function.
Browse through our Range of Natural Health Protocols that blend kalmegh with other potent, bio available and clinically renowned ingredients:
Dr Khyati Dave is a licensed Homeopathy Physician and Nutritional Consultant. With Biogetica, she has witnessed many patients, who had otherwise given up hope, heal faster supplemented by our natural methods. She considers consulting Biogetica patients her primary responsibility and honour. She often writes about nutrition, natural treatment methods and diet. Her mission is to apply her medical talents to help each patient heal faster and do her best to give the immunity of patients with so called ‘incurable’ diseases a fighting chance.