Health Benefits, Nutritional Properties of Mulethi
Exceptional Health benefits of the Herb- “Mulethi”
Mulethi also is known as Licorice, glycyrrhiza glabra, Yashti-madhu, Yashti-madhuka, or Jethi-madh. Mulethi is very commonly used in Indian Ayurvedic medicinal science along with other herbs to improve the immune system, respiratory health, liver, and female reproductive system. It is also known to possess natural anti-inflammatory properties; thus, it can be beneficial in addressing pains and strengthening nerves and also helps to combat stress. Mulethi flavor is also used as sweeteners and candies.
Mulethi is Traditionally used for:
- Soothing and strengthening the respiratory system
- Boosting the immune system
- Detoxifying the body
- Improving the functioning of the digestive system and liver
- Increasing the secretion of bile, thus help to metabolize fat
- Phytoestrogens in Mulethi are known to have a mild estrogenic effect, this can help in improving the female reproductive system
- Combating stress and anxiety
- Improving the condition of joints
Mulethi nutritional properties
The other constituents present in Mulethi are starch, glucose, sucrose, asparagine, mannite, resins, a volatile oil, and coloring agent, therapeutic properties. Its main constituent is glycyrrhizin which provides it the sweet taste.
Various clinical studies have been conducted to identify the therapeutic benefits of mulethi.
Some of the studies conducted include:
- Mulethi (licorice) is believed that it has strong antiviral properties and hence this herb is in both Chinese and Indian recommendations. The following studies for SARS suggest that this may be of benefit.
- Studies conducted to evaluate the tissue-protective activity indicated that mulethi contains isoflavans that help as antioxidants.
- A study indicates that mulethi possess several polyphenols, namely flavonoids and dihydrostilbenes which are known for its antioxidant, anti-genotoxic and anti-inflammatory activities.
We’ve combined this natural extract in several of our protocols that help support the nerves, boost immune system, inflammatory conditions and female reproductive organs.
Browse through our Range of Natural Health Protocols that blend mulethi with other potent, bioavailable and clinically renowned ingredients:
Dr Khyati Dave is a licensed Homeopathy Physician and Nutritional Consultant. With Biogetica, she has witnessed many patients, who had otherwise given up hope, heal faster supplemented by our natural methods. She considers consulting Biogetica patients her primary responsibility and honour. She often writes about nutrition, natural treatment methods and diet. Her mission is to apply her medical talents to help each patient heal faster and do her best to give the immunity of patients with so called ‘incurable’ diseases a fighting chance.