Dry Skin: Causes, Symptoms and Natural Treatment
Dry skin is a pitiable condition. The skin becomes cracked due to severe itching and scaling.
Some people have naturally dry skin and others may have oily skin but develop dry skin due to several reasons. Dry skin can affect any part of the body. The most common body parts affected include hands, arms, and legs. In most cases, a simple addition to your daily skin care routine like moisturizer to get rid of dry skin. But, if this does not work, you should consult a doctor.
Dry skin is temporary and often occurs in winters. But, it may be a chronic problem in some people. The signs and symptoms of dry skin depend on age, health, climatic conditions, and cause of the problem. Some of the important symptoms of dry skin are:
- Skin becomes rough
- Itching and burning
- Cracks appear on the skin
- Flaking, scaling or peeling may be present
- Feeling of skin tightness after bathing or swimming
- Skin becomes red
There are different causes of dry skin. Some of the important causes of dry skin are:
- Weather: Winter causes dryness of the skin. This happens due to low humidity level and low temperature.
- Heat: Central heating, heaters, and fireplaces cause dryness of skin because heat reduces humidity level.
- Hot baths and showers: People who frequently take hot baths and showers can suffer from dry skin.
- Using harsh soaps and detergents: Many soaps, detergents, and shampoos contain harmful chemicals that reduce moisture from your skin and cause dryness.
Conventional treatment for dry skin includes the use of an emollient and application of a bland over the counter moisturizer. The doctor may recommend taking anti-allergic medication for reducing itching and burning of the skin. Such treatments may provide temporary relief and do not address the root cause of the problem.
Complimentary natural care for dry skin
Biogetica uses a natural approach that helps to target the root cause of the problem. Our natural ground breaking therapeutic kits help to achieve long-lasting relief and freedom from dry skin. Our kits are a combination of Advanced Nutraceuticals, standardized herbal extracts, and Bio-energetic resonance homeopathies. Our natural products are traditionally believed to work by enhancing the immune system and supporting the normal structure and functions of your skin. Click on https://www.biogetica.com/doctor-recommended-4-month-supply-biogetica-freedom-kit-with-skin-h-dry-eczemease-formula.html.
Dr Ritu Sandhu, B.H.M.S., Homeopath, and NASH member graduated From Chandigarh Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital, Chandigarh, INDIA is a licensed Homeopathy practitioner since the last seventeen years. She writes on health-related topics to share her cumulative experience. Her mission is to uphold the time-honored values of compassion and humanity when caring for patients.