Cellulitis Treatment – Natural Remedies & Prevention Tips
Do you have red patches on your skin coupled with swelling, warmth and pain? Then, yes you could have Cellulitis. Read on to know more about the causes and natural remedies to potentially heal cellulitis https://www.biogetica.com/how-to-find-natural-remedies-treatment-to-cure-cellulitis
What is Cellulitis?
Cellulitis is a common bacterial skin infection. The affected skin becomes red, swollen and typically painful and warm to touch. The infection and swelling can spread quickly. It most often affects the skin of the lower legs, although the infection can occur anywhere on the body. The infection can spread to the lymph nodes and also to the bloodstream. If cellulitis is untreated, it may be life threatening in most of the cases.
What Causes Cellulitis?
Cellulitis occurs when bacteria enters the skin through any cut or crack. Most commonly the bacteria are Staphylococcus and Streptococcus bacteria. These bacteria enter the skin through the cuts and crack. The most common location of this infection is generally the lower legs. Animal bites or insect bites can also result in this type of infection. Surgical wounds are also the site of the infection in many cases.
Symptoms of Cellulitis
The important symptoms of cellulitis are as follows –
- Pain and tenderness at the affected site
- Redness of the skin at the site
- Inflammation at the part affected
- Soreness of the skin affected
- Warmness around the part affected
- Abscess with pus formation
- Chills associated with fever
- Skin becomes tight, glossy
If you’re suffering from any of the above symptoms, you can consult one of our doctors for free. Visit www.biogetica.com!
How To Diagnose Cellulitis?
Diagnosis of the cellulitis case is generally done by just looking at the affected part by the doctor. A doctor may examine the skin affected, redness and warmth by touch at the affected site.
Depending upon the severity of the infection, the doctor advises to monitor the redness and the spread of the infection. In some cases doctors may take blood samples or the wound sample to rule out the exact bacterial cause.
When To See A Doctor?
It is very important to diagnose cellulitis early as the infection spreads very rapidly. Please see a doctor immediately if:
- You have red swollen rash on skin changing quickly.
- You have fever with chills and a skin rash.
- If the swelling is spreading quickly.
If you have all these above symptoms you have to consult a doctor or you may consult a free doctor consultation at www.biogetica.com
Natural Treatment For Cellulitis
Natural remedies for Cellulitis include the combination of Resonance Homeopathy, Ayurveda and dietary supplements. All these natural supplements are believed to support the normal structure and functions of your skin. They also help to cleanse your blood and improve the microcirculation. To know more about our trendsetting cellulitis products you can consult one of our doctors at https://www.biogetica.com/how-to-find-natural-remedies-treatment-to-cure-cellulitis#overview
Here are some of the natural ingredients which show good results in cellulitis are as follows:
- Hepar Sulphuris Calcareum – Studies suggest that this natural remedy is believed to cleanse your body and enhance the microcirculation of the blood.
- Mercurius Solubilis – Studies suggest that this natural remedy may support the structure and function of the skin.
- Apis Mellifica – Studies suggest that this natural remedy may help to boost your skin health.
- Belladonna – Studies suggest that this natural remedy may help to bring ease and relieve the pain factor.
- Aconite – Studies suggest that this natural remedy may help to boost the immune system of the body.
- Curcuma Longa – Studies suggest that this natural remedy may help to increase your immune power.
- Emblica Officinalis – Studies suggest that this natural remedy may help to enhance your immunity.
- Tribulis Terrestris – Studies suggest that this natural remedy may help to build your immunity and strength owing to its powerful restorative action.
Home Remedies For Cellulitis
Generally cellulitis needs immediate medical treatment as it does not respond well to home remedies. However, here are some of the home remedies which can make you feel ease and comfortable during the treatment or while waiting for the treatment.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Keep the affected area raised for eg, legs to be elevated to reduce swelling and pain.
- Keep the affected parts moving to avoid the stiffness.
- Do not wear compression stockings until the infection is cleared.
- Apply cold compress to the affected part like a clean washed cloth dipped in cool water.
- Take pain killers to avoid the pain factor temporarily.
Preventive Tips For Cellulitis
- Cellulitis infection cannot be always prevented, but the risk of developing it can be minimised by avoiding certain things like avoiding the skin injuries and maintaining good skin hygiene.
- Handwashing is very important to avoid the infection. Also trimming your nails regularly is also necessary.
- Maintain good body hygiene to avoid any infections.
- If you have any broken skin then keep the wound clean by washing it with any antiseptic.
- People prone to infections like diabetic ones must make proper care like wearing appropriate footwear, gloves and long pants while gardening. Look after your skin regularly to check any signs of injury. Always keep your skin moisturised and trim your nails.
- Cellulitis is not contagious but it is always important to wash your hands before and after handling the affected areas.
- Always wear sturdy and well-fitted shoes or slippers with loose fitting socks.
- Do not walk barefoot outdoors.
- Maintain a good, hygienic skin health.