Vitiligo, also known as Leucoderma is a condition that puts the sufferer through a lot of social and emotional stress. It is characterized by odd looking white patches that may develop and remain localized to a specific part of the body or rapidly spread covering larger areas. Vitiligo can develop at any age and afflicts both men and women alike. It is very embarrassing when patches appear on visible areas of the body especially the face, hands, legs etc, and could lead to depression, lowered self-confidence and self-esteem. Vitiligo can have a huge impact on one’s mental, emotional and psychological wellbeing and it is therefore vital to promptly address the situation before it progresses further.
Causes of Vitiligo?
Although the exact cause of vitiligo is not known; doctors and scientists have hypothesized the following reasons as probable causative factors:
- Hormonal disturbances
- A family history of vitiligo
- Long term intake of certain drugs
- Occupational hazards (such as wearing certain rubber hand-gloves) and
- Medical conditions such as hypothyroidism, diabetes, alopecia areata, or any other auto-immune disease
Vitiligo Treatment Options
In order to successfully treat vitiligo, you need to ensure the following:
- A healthy immune response
- Normalized hormone levels
- Optimum melanin production
- Healthy and nourished melanin cells
Popular conventional treatments include:
- Topical Corticosteroid Creams: Long term steroidal treatment is impractical since these drugs potentially cause skin atrophy.
- Topical Psoralen creams: These drugs are highly phototoxic and can cause severe side effects. Moreover, they are only recommended for spot applications
- PUVA therapy: Sometimes psoralen creams are combined with ultraviolet light for a small number of depigmented patches affecting a limited part of the body.
- Surgical therapy (Autologous skin grafts): This involves replacing the vitiligo affected areas with skin transplanted from normal areas of the patient’s body. However, these procedures are expensive and time consuming.
- Micropigmentation(tattooing): This involves masking the depigmented areas so that vitiligo is less visible.
All of these treatment modalities only focus on offering symptomatic relief and do nothing to address the root cause of the condition. Moreover, they are invariably accompanied by a host of unpleasant side effects.
Can Homeopathy Cure Vitiligo?
Homeopathy is a form of alternative medicine that focuses on offering holistic solutions that encompass the whole individual and not just the manifested clinical condition. According to homeopathic principles, Vitiligo is an expression of an inner disturbed state of the body. Thus, in order to experience relief, it is important to address the cause at a level where things have gone wrong. Homeopathy is traditionally believed to address vitiligo by:
- Correcting imbalances in the immune system
- Re-establishing melanin production
- Helping the body cope with stress, mental and emotional pressures
- Controlling genetic disposition by using miasmatic attenuations
- Restoring archetypical skin function
Various individualized homeopathic ingredients have also been clinically tested for their efficacy in the treatment of vitiligo. Some of the clinical studies conducted demonstrated the following results:
Nearly 75% of vitiligo patients showed statistically significant improvement in their condition after being treated with a homeopathic complex in a multicentric observational study. 1 The ingredients that evoked the best response in the study were Arsenicum album, Phosphorus, Sulphur and Lycopodium clavatum.
In another observational study to evaluate the efficacy of homeopathic medicines, 70% of vitiligo patients reported 100 % pigmentation coverage of the vitiligenous areas and 95% of the patient group showed a positive response to the test homeopathic protocol. Almost all selected ingredients were found highly effective with Calc. carb being the most useful. The other remedies that contributed positively included Nat. Mur, Sepia, Mezerium, Lachesis, and Lycopodium. 2
Other natural homeopathic ingredients traditionally used in Vitiligo include:
- Nitric acidum
- Kali carbonicum
Biogetica has been prevailing in the field of natural medicine for over 15 years now and our doctors have worked relentlessly to design kits that harness the potentially miraculous powers of nature. Our multidisciplinary kits blend clinically verified ingredients from three separate and unique disciplines, which include ayurvedic herbs, advanced resonance homeopathy and ground breaking nutraceuticals. These natural ingredients are traditionally believed to work by addressing the physical and energetic issues simultaneously and the results obtained are beyond any single medical wisdom.
The Biogetica Freedom Kit with Vitiligease Formula is a precedent setting integrative protocol that comprises the following natural ingredients:
- Ayurvedic herbs: A combination of herbal extracts that are traditionally believed to rejuvenate the skin and balance the immune system. In fact, a clinical trial conducted on our product –pigmento reported that 60% of the Vitiligo patients enrolled in the study showed repigmentation. 3
- Homeopathic Attentuations: Potentized bioenergetic impressions that are traditionally believed to stimulate melanin production, control de-pigmentation and restore archetypical skin function.
- Nutraceuticals: Supplements that provide essential nutrients that potentially nourish the skin and improve the nutritional and energy state of the body.
We aim to combine ancient and new approaches to target root issues on the physical, energetic, mental and emotional planes of human existence and help you heal. To learn more about our products, services or for any health related concerns chat with our Doctors available round the clock at www.biogetica.com now.