Anxiety Factual Information
Anxiety is a normal reaction to stress that helps individuals deal with a tense situation. However, when anxiety becomes an excessive, irrational fear of everyday situations, it can turn the individual into a nervous wreck making it impossible to deal with everyday life. Panic attacks can have debilitating effects on your life making you feel fearful, defeated, and worthless.
How are Anxiety Attacks Cured?
Benzodiazepines and Antidepressants are the most popular FDA Approved treatments for Anxiety. However, they do nothing to address the root cause of the problem and only offer symptomatic relief.
On the other hand,ayurveda, TCM, and Homeopathy have various researched ways of potentially benefiting the structure and functions of the nervous system. However, despite the research, Ayurveda is only considered medicine in India and no anxiety cure or treatment claims can be made for it in the USA. Homeopathy is medicine in the USA but you must meet a Doctor licensed in your state for the treatment of Anxiety.
You may speak with our Homeopathic & Ayurvedic Doctors to boost your nerve health and balance your mood by clicking here.
You may view our full spectrum Mental and Emotional kits to ease Stress here.
Biogetica Doctors Carefully Evaluate all Research Before Formulating our Ground Breaking Kits.
Numerous herbs,homeopathicingredientsandsupplements are being studied globally for improving and maintaining a healthy mental and emotional state.
“A group of adult participants with generalized anxiety disorders displayed a significant reduction in their clinical anxiety scores after enrolling for a one-month herb regimen in the double-blinded trial conducted. The scores prove that the test herb has potent antipanic, antidepressant, and neuroprotective properties. No significant adverse events were noted either.”1
Below is information on the more compelling and popular ingredients that we have found after studying all possibilities from traditional medicine systems and the latest research available today.
Each country’s laws on natural medicine are different and therefore no blanket claims of Anxiety cure or treatment can be made legally across various lands. Some countries considerAyurveda,TCMandHomeopathy to be medicine and others do not.
However, it isyourbirthrighttoknow about andchooseany herb, supplement or homeopathic you wish to take for nervous system support and wellbeing.
We strive each day to give natural medicine the respect it deservesandhopethatyou will join us in this quest today. We vow to be with you every step of the way on the road from disease to ease that manifests each day!
- Clitoria Ternatea: Studies suggest that this natural ingredient may possess anti-stress and tranquilizing properties.1
- Withania Somnifera: Studies suggest that this herb may help fortify the body, restore vitality, boost your supply of antioxidants, regulate the immune system, reduce stress and rejuvenate the body.2
- Herpestis monniera/ Bacopa monnieri: Also known as Brahmi, studies suggest that this herb may possess neuroprotective and cognition enhancing properties.3
- Nardostachys jatamansi: This herb is believed to possess significant anti-stress and antioxidant properties.4
- Acorus calamus: Studies suggest that this herb may attenuate stress and tranquilize the mind.5
Anxiety or panic attacks are emotional anxious states usually marked by psycho-physiological responses to anticipation of unreal or imagined danger, outwardly resulting from unrecognized intra-psychic conflict. Stress is known to be the one common root cause and soon enough these physiological changes of anxiety and stress affect all aspects of an individual’s health and well being.
Anxiety and related stress can manifest in many ways and have been collectively grouped under anxiety disorders for a better understanding.
What do Anxiety Disorders Mean?
Anxiety disorders refer to a group of disabling nervous conditions that are characterized by irrational emotional reactions towards situations which the person can normally handle. These nervous conditions may arise suddenly or develop gradually over a period of several years.
In chronic conditions, anxiety disorders may impair or prevent normal daily activities.
Anxiety disorders may manifest as one or more of the following conditions:
- Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD): It is characterized by chronic and long-lasting anxiety that has an unspecific focus and is exaggerated by worry and stress, even when there is little or nothing to provoke it.
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD): It is characterized by recurrent, distressing and intrusive thoughts (obsessions) and/or repetitive behavior (compulsions) such as repetitive hand-washing, counting, checking or cleaning.
- Panic disorders: It is characterized by sudden and intense attacks of fear that causes increased heart rate, dizziness, trembling, nausea and difficulty in breathing.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD): This develops after exposure to a terrifying event in which a serious physical harm occurred or was threatened. Traumatic events that may trigger PTSD include violent personal assaults, military combat or accidents.
- Social phobia (social anxiety disorder): It is characterized by an overwhelming anxiety and excessive self-consciousness in everyday social situations, such as fear of speaking in formal or informal situations. This condition is usually brought on by an irrational and intense fear of being negatively judged by others.
- Disturbances in the flow of the biofield energy
- A family history of anxiety
- History of abuse or violence
- Emotional distress or fear, such as stage fright or family disputes
- Personality characteristics like low self-esteem or poor coping skills
Psychological symptoms include:
- Poor concentration
- Shortness of breath
- Increased heart rate (‘heart pounding’)
- Excessive sweating and hot flashes
- Trembling and twitching
- Abdominal pain or diarrhea
- Difficulty in swallowing or feeling of a lump in the throat
- Muscle tension and pains
- Sleep disturbances
The peer-reviewed published research quoted on this page represents some of the studies done on natural supplements for Anxiety. More such studies can be found on pubmed or google scholar. Our Doctors participate in or evaluate research from all traditions before formulating our precedent-setting kits. However, the laws on natural medicine vary, from country to country, and we therefore make no claims beyond those made by the FDA in your country who is the only authority that can legally make a claim to cure, treat, or mitigate a disease. You are welcome to discuss this research with your Doctors. If they truly care about your health they too will take the time to study it with an open mind. You may then take our all natural products for Mental Health. Biogetica supports you in your right to know and chose and we vow to be with you every step of the way. No one will be turned away from receiving our natural supplements even if they cannot pay.
Anti-anxiety drugs are the most popular USA FDA approved treatments for Anxiety. Ayurveda and TCM are considered medicine in India and China. Homeopathy is considered medicine in most lands on the globe and Switzerland has passed a law that insures insurance coverage for those who prefer homeopathic treatment. In the USA though, its use is limited to over the counter ailments
The anti-anxiety drugs prescribed include Buspirone, Benzodiazepines- Xanax (alprazolam), Klonopin (clonazepam), Valium (diazepam) and Ativan (lorazepam), Antidepressants including brand name drugs such as Prozac, Zoloft, Paxil, Lexapro, and Celexa and Beta blockers such as propranolol (Inderal) and atenolol (Tenormin).
Do Anxiety Medications Really Help in Panic Attacks?
Benzodiazepines are traditional anti-anxiety drugs most commonly prescribed for panic attacks; they work by slowing down the nervous system and help you relax physically and mentally. However, they are loaded with side effects and can cause forgetfulness, sadness and emptiness; irritability, inability to concentrate, light-headedness, and sleeping disorders amongst others. Other side effects reported include loss of libido, blurred vision, drowsiness and memory problems.
Antidepressants and Beta blockers are also prescribed for Anxiety. Antidepressants are slower in their effects as compared to benzodiazepines and therefore not useful in an acute panic attack. They are more suited to address chronic anxiety disorders. Although, physical dependence is not such a major threat as compared to benzodiazepines, which are known to be addictive in nature; side effects like fatigue, insomnia, nausea, nervousness, headache, agitation, weight gain, dry mouth and diarrhea are commonly experienced.
Beta blockers are normally prescribed for high blood pressure and heart problems. However, since they block the effects of norepinephrine, a stress hormone involved in the fight-or-flight response, they are found to alleviate anxiety symptoms as well. Depression, cold feeling in one’s hands and feet, light-headedness, insomnia and a marked loss of interest in sex are some of the side effects reported after using beta blockers.
It is also interesting to note that many of these chemical anxiety medicines are inspired by natural plants such as valerian. However, nature is known for its perfection in design and the plants contain antidotes to their active ingredients, which balance their effect in the body. This balance is completely lost when an active ingredient or something like it is re-created in lab from chemicals. This is partly the reason why Anxiety drugs tend to be habit forming, addictive and unbalancing to the body and are merely a way of temporarily suppressing the symptoms.
Complementary Natural Care
Anxiety cannot be treated with over the counter homeopathy, Ayurveda or Supplements in most countries. No Natural products are approved by the FDA for Anxiety. Natural products at best can be used for balancing and improving the structure and functions of the nervous system. Biogetica’s approach institutes a unique mixture of traditional Ayurvedic herbs, advanced resonance Homeopathic Sarcodes along with Natural dietary Supplements.
The combination is believed to focus on: **
- Calming the mind and thought processes
- Balancing emotions, so as to enable rational thinking and curb overreacting to stressors
- Balancing the functions of neurotransmitters, which are associated with endocrine disturbances and psychological disorders
- Maintaining optimum dopamine-serotonin levels
- Follow relaxation techniques, like listening to music or taking a warm shower
- Deep breathing exercises for at least one minute, especially before a potentially stressful event or while anxiously waiting for something; e.g., before a stage appearance or an appointment
- Distract your focus from the source of anxiety
- Maintain regular sleeping patterns
- Avoid stress as far as possible
- Do not take drugs or alcohol to relieve anxiety
- Join a support group
Biogetica’s mission is to provide you with integrated natural solutions that target root issues across the physical, energetic and informational spectrum of your life. Our Doctors research all possible ingredients and combine them synergistically into kits to potentially lead you back to health and freedom.
Biogetica’s approach to healing is based on the following aspects:
1. Heal the Entire Being
2. Look for Natural Solutions
3. Balance Mind, Body and Soul
4. From Medication to Meditation
1. Heal the Entire Being:
Biogetica has a unique and comprehensive Holographic model of healing which synthesizes all the traditional natural health systems to simultaneously ease physical, mental, emotional layers of your being.
You, as a living, thinking, feeling, vibrating being, are much more than a collection of inter-related chemical processes. You are life itself. Life can never be reduced to a series of chemical reactions as chemical reactions cannot create life. Every thought, emotion, vibration or action leads to a series of chemical changes in the body. Biogetica recognizes this and balances the ENTIRE BEING, bringing mind, body, and soul into harmony. Treating an ailment on a molecular level alone, seldom has a lasting effect as the untreated social, emotional, mental, spiritual and energetic patterns cause the ailment to manifest once again on a physical plane. Holistic healing is necessary for lasting relief. Biogetica, therefore, uses Resonance Homeopathic to harmonize the entire being; flower essences to attune the mind; Ayurvedic, Tibetan, and Chinese herbs to balance the energetic and the physiological manifestation of the five elements; and nutraceuticals to coordinate cellular nutrition.
2. Look for Natural Solutions:
Our bodies are made of and supported by nature and therefore can only be healed by nature in the long term. Chemicals are often necessary for immediate change in an acute situation but tend to do the body more harm than good in the long run. Hence, Biogetica’s Doctors are dedicated to providing natural solutions that are supported by evidence and prior use. To us, the argument is fairly obvious: One would use wood to fix a desk made of wood or metal to fix a car made of metal, so why use chemicals to fix a body made of nature?
Nature has blessed the Earth with natural remedies and healing mechanisms. It would be wise not to ignore them. The intelligence of nature is much greater than that of man. Unfortunately, man still focuses on chemical medicines, as they can be patented and sold for huge profits. Allopathic attempts to treat chronic ailments by interfering directly with the chemical processes using man-made substances have essentially been a failure. We claim to be cracking the gene code, but we still can’t cure a cold with man-made substances!!! Homeopathic and Naturopathic methods are never studied and verified by governing bodies, as there is no one who will spend millions obtaining an approval on herbs, knowing that they cannot be patented and sold exclusively by them.
3. Balance Mind, Body and Soul:
Life cannot be recreated with chemical interactions and there is much more to life than molecular interactions. Our bodies are the most advanced pharmacies on the planet and millions of functions happen each minute with astounding precision. Biogetica therapies are designed to appeal to the balancing forces apparent in all nature by reminding and stimulating the body towards a certain function. The nutraceuticals in our kits provide specific nutrition for a function, the herbs in our kits balance the terrain of the body so that it is able to perform that function and the resonance homeopathies are designed to remind the body to be in resonance with that very function.
4. From Medication to Meditation:
Good health and freedom involve every aspect of our being including diet, lifestyle, exercise, emotional states, thoughts and energetic patterns. Biogetica Drs have therefore designed diet, nutrition, exercise, and meditation protocols specific to various life situations. We encourage you to actively partake in these for best results.