Edema from a Holistic Perspective
Edema or Oedema is a kind of swelling due to fluid retention in your body. It can be due to physiological or pathological causes and generally occurs on your hands, arms, ankles, legs and feet.
Edema can also be a result of an underlying medical condition involving your heart, liver or kidney. A botched up surgery can sometimes block a lymph node obstructing lymphatic drainage and leading to swelling in an arm or leg.
Moreover, your risk of developing edema increases if you are taking the following medications:
- High blood pressure medications.
- Hormone therapy like estrogens.
- Thiazolidinediones (diabetic medicines).
Why Should You Not Ignore Edema for a Single Day?
Edema is indicative of underlying imbalances that must be addressed, since; it further complicates the very imbalances causing it. For example if a person has pre-existing heart or liver problems they may get edema and then the edema itself may lead to further complications with the heart and liver. Swollen ankles may seem harmless but they are often a warning sign of deeper health problems that demand quick attention.
Moreover, you should address edema immediately as it can severally hamper your daily activities and lead to several complications that put your life on a rapidly descending downward spiral! The complications include disability, venous disruptions and hampered blood flow. Our Specialists are here to provide you the support you need, and remember the earlier you address the root cause, the sooner you’ll be on the road to health and recovery.
Are Conventional Edema Treatments Effective?
Conventional edema treatments include diuretics such as Frusemide and Thiazide. None of these treatments were originally designed for Edema and none of them address its root cause. Diuretics basically work by expelling increased levels of water and salts from your body. Although, this does help reduce edema it also leads to loss of other vital nutrients that are eliminated in the bargain. Moreover, diuretics don’t address the root cause of edema and also cause other side effects such as:
- Allergic reactions
- Kidney failure
- Irregular heartbeat
- Too little potassium in the blood
- Too much potassium in the blood (for potassium-sparing diuretics only)
- Low sodium levels
- Increased blood sugar
- Muscle cramps
- Increased cholesterol
- Skin rash
Is There Another Way to Reduce Fluid Retention?
Biogetica is on the vanguard of healthcare innovation, combining for the first time three separate and unique disciplines: traditional ayurvedic herbs, advanced resonance homeopathy and ground breaking nutraceuticals designed from the molecule up to provide health and freedom to you. We say this because our Doctors have selected each ingredient based on precedent setting research from every tradition! You will sooner or later realize that Nature completes you in many ways, and this is why we are able to stand by these products night and day!
Individual results may vary from individual to individual
Ayurveda, TCM and Homeopathy have a long history, supported by modern research of potentially boosting lymphatic functions, alleviating inflammation and optimizing circulatory, kidney and bladder functions with specific herbs such as Boerhaavia diffusa and Coleus forskohlii. Our multidisciplinary kits blend these clinically verified ingredients with other versatile constituents that are traditionally believed to work by addressing the physical and energetic issues simultaneously.
Our natural approach is traditionally believed to liberate you from this situation by: **
- Eliminating extra fluid from your body safely.
- Providing your body with bioenergetic imprints of healthy kidney and bladder tissue, thus teaching your kidneys and bladder optimal functioning.
- Helping your body to drain lymphatic fluid properly to prevent fluid accumulation.
- Maintaining fluid balance in your body.
- Balancing energy flow in your meridians.
Only Biogetica Doctors have access to our unique line of groundbreaking, precedent setting, all natural products consisting of evidence based ayurvedic herbs, advanced resonance homeopathic ingredients and nutritional supplements.
Since homeopathy is the only recognized natural system of medicine in the USA, only our homeopathic products can be related to Edema and the rest of the products in the kit can only be used to support the structure and function of the Kidneys and circulatory system. In India, China and other lands that recognize herbal medicine, the herbs of our protocol can also be used to treat edema.
As per the FTC Enforcement Policy Statement on Marketing Claims for OTC Homeopathic drugs anyone selling homeopathy must state:
- There is insufficient scientific evidence that homeopathy works, and
- The product's claims are based only on theories of homeopathy from the 1700s that are not accepted by most modern medical experts.
However, we have dedicated our lives to Natural Healing and can vouch for what nature has to offer. We are with you in this every step of the way!
Try our Products Now! Our Unconditional 100 % Money Back Guarantee is Valid for 90 days.
If you are not amazed by the results, just let us know and we'll send a prompt refund. NO QUESTIONS ASKED.
We put people before profits and will deliver these services to you against any donation if you truly cannot afford them. You may email us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to avail of this donation based program.
If you are a Doctor's office looking to place bulk orders please order from the links on the right and use your account I.D. in the coupon field.
Get moving on the road to healing today!
Edema or Oedema means swelling due to fluid retention within your body. It can be physiological in a few cases, but in most cases it is due to some underlying pathology or drug-induced. Edema may be present in any part of your body, but is visible in dependent parts of your body, like the hands, ankles and legs. Edema can be caused due to a disturbance in interstitial pressure, lymphatic obstruction, sodium retention or underlying inflammation. Treating the underlying cause helps control edema.
Causes of Edema
Arteries and veins form the main blood vessels of your body. They further divide into fine vessels called capillaries. When there is a disturbance in pressure within or outside these capillaries, there is a leakage of fluid into the surrounding tissues. To make up for this loss in fluid, the excretory system tries to retain more fluid, which in turn leads to more leakage from the capillaries. The result is an excess of fluid collection in the body, leading to edema. The various causes leading to this condition are as follows:
- Physiological, as seen before menses or
- During pregnancy
- Sitting for long hours
- Excess intake of sodium
- Drug induced e.g. drugs like calcium channel blockers,
- Hormonal preparations and NSAIDs
- Congestive heart failure
- Diseases of the kidney like nephrotic syndrome
- Poor lymphatic drainage
- Liver affections like cirrhosis
- Deep vein thrombosis
- Extremes of temperature
Signs and Symptoms of Edema
- Swelling of subcutaneous tissue is the primary sign of edema.
- Depending upon the underlying pathology, swelling is seen in different parts of the body.
- The most common location where edema is observed is the ankles and legs. This happens in congestive heart failure, deep vein thrombosis and pregnancy.
- Ascites or edema of the abdominal cavity is seen in cases of affections of the liver.
- In case of kidney disease, edema is seen in the legs and around the eyes.
- In case of poor lymphatic drainage, edema is seen around the part of the body where the deficient lymph nodes and vessels are present.
- In addition to swelling, there is also pain in the affected part, due to stretching. The skin over the affected area appears distended and shiny. In case of abdominal edema, the abdomen is distended and looks bloated.
- Pitting (development of a dimple) is seen when pressure is applied to the affected part with a thumb, especially on the ankle.
- In addition to these external manifestations, edema may also be present within the internal organs like lungs and heart.
Diagnosis of Edema
- Diagnosis is made on the basis of a detailed medical history and specific investigations, depending upon the cause.
- The onset, duration and pattern of appearance of edema are vital in diagnosis. Drug-induced edema is ruled out by taking a history of prescription drugs consumed.
- Kidney function tests including serum creatinine, blood urea nitrogen and serum electrolytes are done to assess the amount of kidney damage, if any.
- Liver function tests are done if any liver pathology is suspected.
- An ultrasound or CT scan of the abdomen may be done to rule out any structural abnormalities of the liver or kidney.
- A 2D echocardiogram may be done to assess the heart function.
- If DVT (deep vein thrombosis) is suspected as a cause, a doppler study is done of the lower limbs.
- A chest x-ray is done if pulmonary edema is suspected.
Your edema could be a result of anything ranging from eating too much salt to other health problems such as congestive heart failure, liver disease, or kidney disease. So, the only way to treat edema is to treat the condition that is causing it. Your doctor might suggest a diuretic, which is also called a water pill. These pills help flush salt and extra fluid out of your body through your urine.
The most common diuretics prescribed in this condition are Frusamide and Thiazide derivatives. However, these allopathic treatments do not cure Edema. They are merely a way of suppressing symptoms.
Conventional measures for treating Edema
- Diuretics like Frusamide and Thiazide derivatives are used in majority of cases.
General Precautionary Measures
- Low sodium diet is usually recommended.
- Elevation of the affected part above the level of the heart for a few minutes is advised.
- It is recommended that the foot-end of the bed be slightly elevated.
- Using support stockings. This helps in avoiding the fluid from collecting in the lower limbs.
Complementary Natural Care
Edema occurs due to fluid retention in the body. Diuretics only offer you temporary relief. Biogetica's methods aim at not only relieving fluid retention, but also teaching the kidneys, bladder and the lymphatic system to function optimally. The Homeopathic, advanced nutraceutical, and Ayurvedic herbal preparations are traditionally believed to work by: **
- Safely eliminating extra fluid from your body
- Relieving symptoms of swelling, pitting and bloating with the help of homeopathic ingredients
- Providing the body with bio-energetic imprints of healthy kidney and bladder functions, thereby bringing it back in resonance with its optimal functions
- Conveying to the lymphatic system ways to drain the fluid adequately, thereby preventing fluid accumulation.
Biogetica represents the coming together of Doctors, Healers and Scientists from numerous traditions including Ayurveda, Bio-Energetics, Homeopathy, Naturopathy, Siddha Medicine, Sintergetica, Nutrition and Chinese medicine.
Our mission is to provide you with integrated natural solutions that target root issues across the physical, energetic and informational spectrum of your life. Our Doctors research all possible ingredients and combine them synergistically into kits to help bring your body into balance.
Our products reflect an understanding of both the molecular and vibrational nature of life and therefore bridge the gap between the current understandings of medicine, biology and quantum physics.
Edema occurs because of fluid retention within your body. Diuretics only offer you temporary relief. Biogetica aims to not only relieve fluid retention, but also teach your kidneys, bladder and lymph system optimal functions. The Homeopathic, advanced Bioenergetic and Ayurvedic herbal preparations are believed to work specifically by: **
- Safely eliminating extra fluid from your body
- Quickly relieving your symptoms of swelling, pitting, bloating, etc with the help of homeopathic ingredients
- Providing your body with bioenergetic imprints of healthy kidney and bladder tissue, thus teaching your kidneys and bladder optimal functioning
- Teaching your lymphatic system how to drain fluid adequately, to prevent fluid accumulation
- Helping in maintaining the pressure within your interstitial tissues, and balancing fluid levels within them
The proof of our methods is evident from the Groundbreaking results we have seen in independent clinical trials, and more importantly, in the lives we've helped uplift!
Edema is a condition caused due to accumulation of fluids in the spaces between the body cells or the circulatory system. As a result, there are symptoms like puffiness and swelling in many areas of the body, including legs, arms, feet, hands, lungs, heart, or stomach.
It may be caused due to several medical conditions like heart, kidney or liver failure; however another risk factor is malnutrition or poor nutrition. Excess of sodium in the body tissues will hold on the water to balance the fluid-sodium ratio, the more sodium you consume, greater the fluid retention. Thus reduction of sodium intake is a must. You can even try increasing potassium levels to balance sodium levels. Even Vitamin B5, B6 and Omega-3 fatty acids can help alleviate your symptoms. Nutritional experts recommend maintaining sodium intake under 2300 mg per day.
- Increased intake of potassium helps the kidneys remove excess sodium and fluid, therefore we recommend edema sufferers to eat plenty of raw vegetables and fruits rich in potassium, especially spinach, lettuce, broccoli, bananas, oranges, apricots and tomatoes.
- Vitamin B6 is recommended in edema. It has a diuretic (excretion of fluid) effect and is particularly useful for pre-menstrual fluid retention. Vitamin B6 (pyrioxine) is known to help in clearing water retention. Brown rice and red meat are good sources of vitamin B6
- Eat plenty of cereal products, yeast, fish, chicken and nuts.
- Drink adequate amounts of barley water.
- Increase physical activity and eat a balanced diet.
- Increasing dietary intake of omega-3 fatty acids found in oily fish and fish oils - eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) — generally decrease several markers of inflammation.
- Turmeric and Ginger may inhibit the pro-inflammatory lipo-oxygenase or cyclo-oxygenase pathways
- VitaminB5, calcium, magnesium and vitamin D help the body remove water by increasing kidney function.
Foods for Moderate Consumption
- Moderate or limit consumption of animal proteins, fried foods and chocolate.
- High fat foods can limit or adversely affect the kidney functioning.
- Dairy products, canned/preserved vegetables, legumes, and processed meats may contain significant amounts of sodium.
Foods to Avoid
- Sodium is bad For edema- avoid adding salt at the table and use a little or none in cooking;
- Avoid highly salted foods, such as chips, nuts, pretzels, corned meat, processed meats, sausages and takeaway food;
- Avoid salty condiments such as packet sauces, soy sauce and
- Restrict the intake of processed and canned foods, as they provide a good supply of sodium.
- Avoid alcoholic and caffeinated beverages.
- Studies suggest that diets rich in saturated fats, trans fats and high glycemic index foods stimulate inflammation.
Massaging the affected area with warm mustard oil will act as a lubricant, which forces the fluid back to the heart.
We have a 100% money-back guarantee to support our firm belief in our products, and to build trust in customers who have been facing battles they thought would be lifelong! You may return the products within 90 days of your order date for a full refund of the purchase price if you feel they didn't work or alternatively request a free consultation and additional remedies. Our mission is fulfilled only when you are better. Hence, we stand by our customers and do what it takes to make you feel great! We can afford to do this because the customers who re-order or refer us to friends and family, are 20 times more than those who ask for a return. So, go ahead and give us a try. You'll be glad you did.
The Biogetica Approach
Biogetica is a collective of Drs and Holistic Healthcare practitioners dedicated to holistic healing, with evidence based natural remedies & advanced bio energetic therapies.
- Heal the entire being
Heal the entire being
Biogetica has a unique and comprehensive Holographic model of healing which synthesizes all the medicine systems to simultaneously ease physical, mental, emotional layers of your being.
You, as a living, thinking, feeling, vibrating being, are much more than a collection of inter-related chemical processes. You are life itself. Life can never be reduced to a series of chemical reactions as chemical reactions cannot create life. Every thought, emotion, vibration or action leads to a series of chemical changes in the body. All ailments are a result of disharmony in the life force. Biogetica recognizes this and balances the ENTIRE BEING, bringing mind, body and soul into harmony, for lasting results. Treating an ailment on molecular level alone, seldom has a lasting effect as the untreated social, emotional, mental, spiritual and energetic patterns cause the ailment to manifest once again on a physical plane. Holistic healing is necessary for lasting relief. Biogetica, therefore, uses Resonance Homeopathy to harmonize the entire being; flower essences to attune the mind; Ayurvedic, Tibetan and Chinese herbs to balance the energetic and the physiological manifestation of the five elements; and nutraceuticals to coordinate cellular nutrition.
- Look for natural solutions
Look for natural solutions
Our bodies are made of and supported by nature and therefore can only be healed by nature in the long term. Chemicals are often necessary for immediate change in an acute situation but tend to do the body more harm than good in the long run. Hence, Biogetica’s Doctors are dedicated to providing natural solutions that are supported by evidence and prior use. To us, the argument is fairly obvious: One would use wood to fix a desk made of wood or metal to fix a car made of metal, so why use chemicals to fix a body made of nature?
Nature has blessed the Earth with natural medicines and healing mechanisms. It would be wise not to ignore them. The intelligence of nature is much greater than that of man. Unfortunately, man still focuses on chemical medicines, as they can be patented and sold for huge profits. Allopathic attempts to treat chronic ailments by interfering directly with the chemical processes using man-made substances, has essentially been a failure. We claim to be cracking the gene code, but we still can't cure a cold with man-made substances!!! Homeopathic and Naturopathic methods are never studied and verified by governing bodies, as there is no one who will spend millions obtaining an approval on herbs, knowing that they cannot be patented and sold exclusively by them.
- Appeal to the balancing forces inherent in all nature
Appeal to the balancing forces inherent in all nature
Life cannot be recreated with chemical interactions and there is much more to life than molecular interactions. Our bodies are the most advanced pharmacies on the planet and millions of functions happen each minute with astounding precision. Biogetica therapies are designed to appeal to the balancing forces apparent in all nature by reminding and stimulating the body towards a certain function. The nutraceuticals in our kits provide specific nutrition for a function, the herbs in our kits balance the terrain of the body so that it is able to perform that function and the resonance homeopathics are designed to remind the body to be in resonance with that very function.
- From medication to meditation
From medication to meditation
Good health and freedom involves every aspect of our being including diet, lifestyle, exercise, emotional states, thoughts and energetic patterns. Biogetica Drs have therefore designed diet, nutrition, exercise and meditation protocols specific to various life situations. We encourage you to actively partake in these for best results.
Evidence Based Natural Solutions
Biogetica's mission is to heal the people of this globe with evidence based natural remedies and thereby once again give nature's medicines the respect they deserve.
Our holistic Doctors believe that a natural protocol aimed at all the root causes is the best way to get sustainable relief and freedom.**