The Role Of Vitamin C In Covid-19
COVID 19 is a disease caused by SARS CoV 2 which is a type of coronavirus which causes the infection in our nose, sinuses and upper respiratory tract. The first outbreak of this virus was seen in December 2019 in Wuhan city, China. Slowly it started spreading across the globe. On March 11, 2020, there was a rapid increase in the number of the affected cases and the WHO declared COVID-19 as a pandemic. The virus spreads mainly by person-to-person contact. The symptoms may range from mild to severe.
This Coronavirus affects different people in different ways. Most infected people may develop mild to moderate symptoms and also may recover without hospitalization. The main symptoms include:
- Shortness of breath.
- Loss of appetite.
- Sore throat.
- Congestion in the nose.
- Loss of smell and taste.
This infection can also lead to pneumonia, respiratory failure, heart problems, septic shock and death. If you are infected by the virus, it may take 2 to a few days up to 14 days to show the symptoms. It may vary from person to person. Consult one of our doctors if you notice any of the above symptoms. Log on to www.biogetica.com for a free consultation!
Vitamin C is one of the most safest and effective vitamins which help us to protect against immune deficiencies, skin diseases, eye issues, cardiovascular diseases too and many more. Our body can’t produce vitamin C hence it is the essential vitamin of all. Vitamin C is a strong antioxidant that boosts our blood’s antioxidant levels. It is water-soluble and found in many fruits and vegetables like oranges, lemon, amla, strawberries, kiwi, broccoli, spinach. Many people turn to supplements to meet their daily needs instead of getting them naturally. Here are the few benefits of Vitamin C as follows –
- Vitamin C helps to reduce the risks of chronic diseases like heart diseases.
- It may help to lower down the blood pressure levels.
- It may also reduce the level of uric acid in the blood reducing the gout attacks.
- It also helps to prevent iron deficiency as it helps the iron absorption process in our body.
- Vitamin c boosts your immunity levels.
- Vitamin C helps to protect your memory as well as acting as an anti-aging agent.
In an article named Chinese Journal of Infection Diseases, the Shanghai Medical Association, published the use of high dose Vitamin C as a line of treatment for the hospitalized Covid 19 positive people. It is recommended that vitamin C be given through IV to improve lung function, which can help the patient to keep off the mechanical ventilator.
Chinese researchers have also registered a clinical trial to further study the effectiveness of IV Vitamin C in hospitalized people with Covid 19.
However, it is necessary to know that Vitamin C is not yet the standard part of the line of treatment for COVID-19 as the evidence for the same is lacking.
Though High dose IV vitamin C is currently being tested to check the lung improvement in COVID-19 positive patients, no evidence suggests that a high dose of oral Vitamin C supplements can help with the disease. In fact, certain side effects are also seen as diarrhea.
Vitamin C is a water-soluble nutrient with many vital functions in our body. Vitamin C is also known as ascorbic acid. Unlike other animals, humans are incapable of producing vitamin C on their own. Therefore, we must get enough vitamin C from foods or supplements to maintain good health.
According to the RDA (Recommended Dietary Allowances) the recommended dose of Vitamin C along with the Gender differentiation is as follows:
|Kids (1–3 years)||15 mg|
|Kids (4–8 years)||25 mg|
|Adolescents (9–13 years)||45 mg|
|Teens (14–18 years)||65–75 mg|
|Adult women (aged 19 and older)||75 mg|
|Adult men (aged 19 and older)||90 mg|
|Pregnant women (aged 19 and older)||85 mg|
|Breastfeeding women (aged 19 and older)||120 mg|
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has issued a daily value (DV) for adults and children aged 4 and above is 60 mg regardless of gender. On many food labels, it is displayed as %DV.
Natural Remedies For COVID-19
Natural remedies boosting your immune system are a combination of Ayurvedic herbs, Homeopathic formulation and dietary supplements which help in building up your immunity more strongly. Natural supplements are believed to regulate humoral and cellular immunity. To know more about our trendsetting products please link to https://www.biogetica.com/core-immunity-kit.html
Natural ingredients like Kalmegh, Guduchi, Draksha, Tulsi, etc are believed to show good results in boosting immunity.
- Kalmegh Andrographis Panicullata – Studies suggest that this natural remedy may help in boosting immunity. 
- Bhunimbha Phylanthus niruri – studies suggest that this natural remedy may help in various organ protective mechanisms. 
- Yashtimadhu Glycirhizza glabra – studies suggest that this natural remedy is believed to strengthen immunity. 
- Tulsi Ocimum Sanctum – studies suggest that this natural remedy may help to boost your immunity by having antiviral, antibacterial properties. 
- Guduchi Tinospora – studies suggest that this natural remedy may help in building up the body’s defense mechanism.  l
- Pushkarmool Inula – studies suggest that this natural remedy may help to improve your body’s metabolism. 
- Rasna Alpinia Galangal – studies suggest that this natural remedy may help in boosting the overall immunity. 
- Draksha Vitis Vinifera – Studies suggest that this natural remedy may help in boosting immunity. 
- Haridra Curcuma longa – studies suggest that this natural remedy may help to boost immunity as it has antiviral and antibacterial properties. 
- Haritaki – studies suggest that this natural remedy is believed to strengthen immunity. 
- Kumari Aloe Barbadensis – studies suggest that this remedy may help in boosting immunity. 
- Shilajit – studies suggest that this natural remedy may help in building immunity. 
- Jasad Bhasma – studies suggest that this natural remedy may help in boosting lung health. 
- Pippali – studies suggest that this natural remedy may help in strengthening the immunity of your body.  Link to https://www.horizonepublishing.com/journals/index.php/PST/article/view/831
- Damanaka – studies suggest that this natural remedy may help in building up the body’s defense. 
- Echinacea – studies suggest that this natural remedy is believed to improve lung health. 
- Aloe vera – studies suggest that this natural remedy may help to boost your immunity by having antiviral properties. 
- Cat’s claw extract – studies suggest that this natural remedy may help to boost immunity. 
Natural remedies for immunity boosting are a combination of Homeopathic formulations, Ayurvedic herbs, and dietary supplements. These natural supplements along with an improved lifestyle and adequate diet can help to boost your overall immunity. Biogetica combines all these natural remedies to enhance the immunity power in an integrated manner from its root cause so that effects can last for a long time. All the Biogetica products are strongly supported with clinical data from Ayurveda and Homeopathy and are supported by modern research and clinical trials. If you want to know natural, safe, and effective natural remedies for improving your immunity power, consult a doctor for free, please click on the link https://www.biogetica.com/core-immunity-kit.html