Is there any New Research for Herpes cure in 2016?
Doctors, universities, researches and proponents of natural medicine are all continuing their search for a herpes cure. Latest research has shown that having herpes increases your chances of catching HIV by 300% and this has led to even more urgency in finding a cure for Herpes.
Here is the Latest and most promising Research on Herpes cure done until 2016
- An effective vaccine against the virus that causes genital herpes has evaded researchers for decades. But now, researchers from the University of Illinois at Chicago working with scientists from Germany have shown that zinc-oxide nano particles shaped like jacks can prevent the virus from entering cells, and help natural immunity to develop. This is still in development and not available to those suffering from Herpes.
- Hypericum Mysorense: made international headlines across the world when the study on it and HSV published in peer reviewed medical journals. Page 28 of this which is even in the US library of medicine states “Our results showed that H. mysorense and H. hookerianum suppressed HSV-1 infection.”Although this herb is only approved as a herpes treatment in India, many the world over are taking it for immune support and reporting back that they have seen remarkable results.
- Herpes Nosodes: Herpes Nosodes are energetic imprints of the Herpes viral RNA that are believed to empower specific immune response. They do not contain any actual virus in them like vaccines do. 82% of the genital herpes patients in a trial conducted in France had reduced or no outbreaks for 5 years after taking herpes nosodes for 6 months. Homeopaths generally consider nosodes to have very powerful and specific immune boosting properties as is demonstrated by this unparalled study. Homeopaths consider nosodes to be an essential tool as they specifically remind the immune system to take action even when the virus lies dormant.
- Monolaurin: is believed to dissolve viral envelopes and this then supposedly makes it easier for the immune system to eradicate them. Health Canada now recommends monolaurin to all Herpes and HIV patients. 6A Research from Canadian government suggests that Monolaurin is useful to boost immunity and fight back.
Less promising findings :
- Picrorrhizakurrooa: Studies suggest that this herb is found to be a potent immunostimulant.
- Acorus calamus: An Invitro study showed that this herb has immune-boosting and immune-modulatory properties.
- Prunella Vulgaris: It is a herb that has been used traditionally for skin issues. It is also potentially believed to address inflammatory conditions. Studies suggest that this herb may help boost immunity against certain infections.
- Sidacordifolia: An In-vitro and In-vivo Research suggests that SidaCordifolia along with 40 other ayurvedic herbs may be effective in fighting infections. However, this has to be confirmed with further research.
- Olive Leaf Extract: The active principle (main substance) in Olive leaf extract is Oleuropein. This substance is believed to form a barrier field around the infected cells which may help in inhibiting the infection. Research suggests that this herb may help boost the immune system against foreign invaders.
- Cat’s claw: Studies suggest that Cat’s claw may help in boosting the immunity and may also help in inhibition of viral attachment in the host cells
- Lysine: Lysine is an Amino Acid that is found in milk, cheese, chicken, etc and is highly popular amongst herpes patients but the research is inconclusive as is the experience of the millions that take it for herpes.
- https://www.researchgate.net/Sida_cordifolia_a_Traditional_Herb in Modern Perspective.pdf
What is Herpes?
Herpes Simplex is a viral infection caused by one of the variants of the HSV virus.
The most common types of herpes simplex virus, or HSV, are HSV-1 and HSV-2.
- HSV-1 leads to cold sores (oral herpes) on the mouth, and
- Surgery like gastric bypass or an ostomy can also increase the risk for stone formation
However, it is also possible to get infected with HSV-1 in genital region and HSV-2 orally.
Herpes Zoster or Shingles is caused by a different virus called the Varicella Zoster virus (VZV). Researchers believe that Patients with herpes simplex are 3 times more likely to catch HIV and this new information has made timely management and treatment of oral and genital herpes all them ore necessary!
HSV is the second most common virus on earth after the common cold. About 2/3rd of the world is infected with Herpes. HSV is almost everywhere. This is just that people are not aware they even carry it because many people who are HSV+ are asymptomatic—they do not have symptoms, and therefore have absolutely no idea that they carry the virus.
Causes of Herpes
The Herpes virus tends to remain dormant by hiding in the nerve ganglia and results in outbreaks when immunity is compromised. The stages of Herpes infections are as follows:
- Primary stage: Within 2-8 days of infection, the virus starts off as small, red, painful and fluid filled blisters. These blisters form sores when they break open and eventually dry up.
- Latent stage: In this stage there are no symptoms at all as the virus travels to the nerve ganglia.
- Shedding stage: Once the virus reaches the nerve ganglia, it starts multiplying and invades body fluids such as semen, vaginal fluids and saliva. These fluids are responsible for shedding or transmitting the virus and hence this stage is known as the “Shedding stage”.
Symptoms of Herpes
- Oral herpes (Mostly caused by HSV 1) is characterized by red, fluid filled blisters on the lips, mouth and tongue. There is severe pain, tingling, difficulty in eating and swallowing accompanied by fever.
- Genital herpes (Mostly caused by HSV 2) is characterized by reddish, fluid filled blisters around the genitals which bursts open to form sores or ulcers. These blisters when present in the genital region result in painful micturation and causes pain while passing stools (if present in the anal region). Other symptoms include headache, bodyache and fever and are prevalent in both men and women.
- Chicken pox (Caused by Varicella zoster) is characterized by rash, general malaise and low grade fever. In 2-3 days, the rash forms in to vesicular eruption and cause severe itching. After 5-6 days, these eruptions turn into scabs. Rashes appear all over the body except for the palms and soles. Once afflicted with chicken pox, the body develops a natural immunity and the virus remains dormant in the human body.
- Cytomegalovirus is a herpetic virus associated with the salivary glands. It affects immune – compromised individuals, such as new born infants, organ transplant recipients and HIV patients. It causes vision problems, diarrhea, infection of the stomach and could even be fatal.
- Roseola (caused by Human herpes virus 6 and Human herpes virus 7) is characterized by skin rash and high fever in the pediatric age group. This infection could lead to convulsions in children.
- Infectious Mononucleosis (caused by Epstein-Barr virus) is characterized by fever, sore throat, swollen lymph nodes, body-ache, headache and swollen tonsils. A person may remain symptomless even when infected.
Who all are at risk?
The fact is, condoms do not offer full protection from the virus as it can spread from mere skin-to-skin contact. Complete abstinence from sexual activity (including oral sex and kissing) is the only way to be 100%sure you do not get infected. As majority of people do not follow complete abstinence from sex, most of the people on earth are at risk.
Pregnancy with Herpes
It is a fact, that there are chances that the Herpes virus can be transmitted to the baby through the placenta. However, if you plan to get pregnant, or suspect that you’re pregnant, you do not want to keep your physician in the dark about this. So inform your doctor that you are HSV positive. This way, they can give you their professional opinion and thoughts regarding the necessary precautions. Remember, you deserve to have a family if you want one, and HSV is not going to get in your way.
As doctors suggest there is no cure for Herpes, patients may feel depressed considering that they are going to die. Herpes may affect the individual psychologically with respect to feeling unclean, tainted, full of fear, anxiety and have lowered self- esteem. It is advised to start meditations and divert your mind in activities like listening music, going for a walk, involving in exercise, communicating with people around, etc. as all these may help you relax.
Whether you are Suffering From Herpes or Not, It is a Great Idea to Keep Your Immune System Boosted.
Your immune system is the body’s only defense mechanism. Some people with Herpes have constant outbreaks while others never have outbreaks. This is essentially because of the difference in their immune systems. Also someone infected with herpes is most likely to transmit it when they are suffering from an outbreak or shedding the virus, both of which happens when their immunity is low.
Remember, there is no known cure for Herpes as per FDA. Herpes cannot be addressed with over the counter treatments in your region and you should consult a Doctor licensed in your state for the diagnosis, treatment and “cure” of Herpes. However, there are various natural alternatives like Hypericum Mysorense and 2lherp that can help in boosting your immune system and fight against the infection. And the most important, do not forget to “live Healthy & live Happy”.
Dr Vijay Kamat graduated from K.L.E. society’s Shri B. M. Kankanwadi Ayurved Mahavidyalaya, Belgaum, India; one of the oldest Ayurvedic institutions in India. He is a prestigious member of the Ayurvedic Association of India. He possesses deep ancestral and research-based knowledge of plants, and is passionate about bringing age-old secrets of Ayurveda within the reach of a common man. In keeping with his passion, he is presently leading the medical team of Biogetica – a collective of Doctors dedicated to natural medicine. Together, they work to bring evidence-based natural healing solutions to the world.