What Is The Immune System?
The immune system of our body is a complex network of cells, tissues and organs. They all together help our body to fight against any kind of infections. When any infection tries to invade in our body in the form of bacteria and viruses, the immune system attacks them. When the bacteria or viruses multiply, infection takes place and makes us diseased or sick. Our immune system helps us to protect against such infections by fighting against them.
The immune system of our body includes skin, mucous membranes, white blood cells, organs and tissues of the lymphatic system. The lymphatic system includes spleen, thymus, tonsils, lymph nodes and bone marrow. These tissues produce and store the white blood cells.
There are three different types of immunity. Like…
- Innate Immunity: This type of immunity is since we are born. It is our body’s first line of defence. It includes the skin and the mucous membrane of the organs.
- Active Immunity: It is also known as ‘Adaptive Immunity’. It develops when we are infected or vaccinated for that particular infection. It is a long-lasting immunity.
- Passive Immunity: In this type of immunity, we receive the antibodies from any external source rather than our own body preparing it. The newborn babies get the immunity from their mother. It lasts for a few weeks or months only.
What Is COVID-19?
COVID 19 is a disease caused by SARS CoV 2, which is a type of coronavirus which causes the infection in our nose, sinuses and upper respiratory tract. The first outbreak of this virus was seen in December 2019 in Wuhan City, China. Slowly, it started spreading across the globe. On March 11, 2020, there was a rapid increase in the number of the affected cases and the WHO (World Health Organization) declared COVID-19 as a pandemic.
The virus spreads mainly from person to person contact. The symptoms may range from mild to severe.
Symptoms Of COVID-19?
Coronavirus affects different people in different ways. Most infected people may develop mild to moderate symptoms and also may recover without hospitalization. The main symptoms include:
- Shortness of breath
- Loss of appetite
- Sore throat
- Congestion in nose
- Loss of smell and taste
- Body ache
This infection can also lead to pneumonia, respiratory failure, heart problems, septic shock and death. If you are infected by the virus, it may take you upto two to few days or 14 days to show the symptoms. It may vary from person to person.
What Is Herd Immunity?
Herd immunity is the immunity developed in a large portion of the community making the spread of the disease from person to person unlikely. This results in immunity development in the whole community.
Herd immunity can be achieved in COVID-19 by two ways, likely by vaccines and by infection. A vaccine for the COVID-19 would be ideal to achieve herd immunity. Vaccines can cause less illness and also fewer complications. Herd immunity can also be achieved when a substantial amount of the people are recovered from the disease, and have developed the antibodies against the future infections. But it is still not clear in case of COVID-19 that the infection makes the person immune to the future infection. Researchers suggest that after infection with coronavirus, reinfection with the same virus is possible after a period of months or years.
To create herd immunity, the large number of people needs to be infected to reach the herd immunity threshold. If many people become sick with the COVID-19 at once, the health care system would be quickly overwhelmed. This amount of infection could lead to serious complications and many deaths, especially the older people and those who have chronic conditions.
Are Masks Effective In Preventing COVID-19?
Wearing medically recommended masks is one of the best preventive measures to limit the spread of many respiratory diseases, including the COVID-19. However, equally other important preventive measures must also be taken, as it alone can’t restrict the transmission of the infection.
Use of a face mask combined with other preventive measures like social distancing, frequently hand sanitising or washing, can help to slow the spread of the virus. The WHO and the U.S. Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) now include the use of face masks for slowing down the transmission of the virus. They say that the public can use the cloth masks, while the healthcare providers can use the surgical and N95 masks.
There are three types of masks – Surgical masks, N95 masks and Cloth masks. Cloth masks are seen to be more beneficial in slowing the spread of the virus. They are cost effective and can be reused after washing.
Sleep & Immune System
Good, sound and ample amount of sleep supports the immune system. It may help reduce the risk of infection and can bring a healthy life. Optimal sleep may help to regulate your mood, improve the brain functioning and make you feel fresh all day. Eventually, it may help in reducing the risk of infection and can bring a healthy life.
Coronavirus Immunity: Can One Catch The Virus Twice?
The team of researchers say that for those who recover from COVID-19, they develop immunity to the virus which can last up to 5 to 7 months or maybe more. This again depends upon the immunity of the person.
Foods To Improve Your Immune System.
So far, there is no proven vaccine or food or home remedy that can protect you from COVID-19. Some of the food stuffs that may potentially help boost your immunity are as follows:
- Turmeric – It has anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. It is advised to have warm turmeric milk daily.
- Vitamin C – Foods rich in Vitamin C may be important in strengthening the immunity towards any infections. We should consume more citrus fruits like lemon, oranges, amla and others.
- Vitamin D – Is also essential. Mushrooms and egg yolk are good sources of Vitamin D.
- Zinc – It helps your immune system and also metabolic processes. Foods like pumpkin seeds, cashews and green veggies are a good source of Zinc.
Natural Remedies for Coronavirus
Natural remedies for boosting your immune system are a combination of Ayurvedic herbs, homeopathic formulation and dietary supplements, which help in building up your immunity more strongly. Natural supplements are believed to regulate the humoral and cellular immunity.
To know more about Biogetica’s trendsetting products, please click on the link to https://www.biogetica.com/core-immunity-kit.html
Natural ingredients like Kalmegh (Andrographis Paniculata), Guduchi (Tinospora Cordifolia), Draksha (Grapes), Tulsi (Ocimum sanctum) etc, are believed to show good results in boosting the immunity.
- Kalmegh (Andrographis Paniculata): Studies suggest that this natural remedy may help in boosting immunity. 
- Bhunimbha Phylanthus niruri: Studies suggest that this natural remedy may help in various organo protective mechanisms. 
- Yashtimadhu Glycirhizza glabra – studies suggest that this natural remedy is believed to strengthen immunity. 
- Tulsi Ocimum Sanctum – studies suggest that this natural remedy may help to boost your immunity by having antiviral, antibacterial properties. 
- Guduchi Tinosporia – studies suggest that this natural remedy may help in building up the body’s defence mechanism. 
- Pushkarmool Inula – studies suggest that this natural remedy may help to improve your body’s metabolism. 
- Rasna Alpinia Galangal – studies suggest that this natural remedy may help in boosting the overall immunity. 
- Draksha Vitis Vinifera – Studies suggest that this natural remedy may help in boosting the immunity. 
- Haridra Curcuma longa – studies suggest that this natural remedy may help to boost the immunity as it has antiviral and antibacterial properties. 
- Haritaki – studies suggest that this natural remedy is believed to strengthen immunity. 
- Kumari Aloe Barbadensis – studies suggest that this remedy may help in boosting the immunity. 
- Shilajit – studies suggest that this natural remedy may help in building the immunity. 
- Jasad Bhasma – studies suggest that this natural remedy may help in boosting the lung health. 
- Pippali – studies suggest that this natural remedy may help in strengthening the immunity of your body. 
- Damanaka – studies suggest that this natural remedy may help in building up the body’s defence. 
- Echinaecea – studies suggest that this natural remedy is believed to improve the lungs health. 
- Aloe vera – studies suggest that this natural remedy may help to boost your immunity by having antiviral properties. 
- Cat’s claw extract – studies suggest that this natural remedy may help to boost the immunity. 
Preventive Measures For COVID-19
Here are the following guidelines that may help protect you from the COVID-19:
- Wash your hands with soap for at least 20 seconds frequently. You can also use a sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your face including your eyes, nose and mouth by hands especially when outdoors.
- Always cover your mouth and nose when sneezing or coughing.
- Wear a mask covering your nose and mouth when going out.
- Maintain physical social distancing with other people. Keep a distance of 6 ft with other people.
- Do not make any social gatherings especially indoors.
- Do not share any personal items with anyone in the family or friends.
- Clean and disinfect your surfaces with an alcohol based sanitizer frequently.
- Self quarantine yourself if you have any of the symptoms like fever, dry cough, tiredness. Consult your doctor for further treatment.
- Do not eat and drink in public places.
Natural remedies for immunity boosting are a combination of Homeopathic formulations, Ayurvedic herbs, and dietary supplements. These natural supplements along with an improved lifestyle and adequate diet can help to boost your overall immunity. Biogetica combines all these natural remedies to enhance the immunity power in an integrated manner from its root cause so that effects can last for a long time. All the Biogetica products are strongly supported with clinical data from Ayurveda and Homeopathy and are supported by modern research and clinical trials.
If you want to know natural, safe, and effective natural remedies for improving your immunity power, consult one of our doctors for free or visit www.biogetica.com for more information.