Diet for Worm Infestation
Along with proper medication, consuming a nutritious and balanced diet is important for managing worm infestation and keeping your immune system working at its optimum level. Include certain foods like papaya, garlic, turmeric; and avoid oily, spicy foods and meats such as beef, pork, and chicken to help relieving the symptoms.
WORM INFESTATION DIET RECOMMENDATIONS
DIET RECOMMENDATIONS FOR WORM INFESTATION
Helminthiasis is a term used to describe diseases caused due to helminths or intestinal worms. The common worms that humans play host to are roundworms, pinworms, tapeworms and whipworms. In the tropical areas, worms cause a lot of morbidity. It may cause symptoms like intense itching in the area around the anus, diarrhea alternating with constipation, nausea, vomiting, anemia and other nutritional disorders. Maintaining proper hygiene, eating a nutritious and a well balanced diet and including foods rich in fibers can help for speedy recovery by improving the immune system.
- Regular intake of grated radish/carrots daily on an empty stomach is good for eliminating intestinal worms.
- Unripe papaya or just the milky exudate with a teaspoonful of honey is an effective home remedy for intestinal worms.
- Garlic cloves mixed in half a cup of fruit juice will kill the intestinal worms.
- Drinking a glass of warm water mixed with a tablespoon of rock salt on an empty stomach kills intestinal worms. A table spoon of newly ground coconut for breakfast and a mixture of about 30 ml castor oil and about 250 ml of lukewarm milk two hours after taking the coconut oil is a useful home remedy.
- Chew three cloves in the morning.
- Probiotics such Lactobacillus acidophilus found in dairy yogurt should be consumed every day to prevent intestinal worms from breeding.
- Fiber-rich foods such as pumpkin seeds, beetroot, and flaxseeds may help eliminate intestinal parasites.
- Include blackberries, pineapple, pomegranate, onions, and raw cabbage.
Foods to Avoid:
- Meats such as beef, pork, and chicken should be avoided until the treatment for intestinal worms is complete.
- Avoid fatty foods such as butter, cream, and oil until all the worms are removed.
- Avoid coffee, alcohol, refined sugar and processed foods to help cleanse your digestive system.