Are Natural Medicines Useful for Pulsatile Tinnitus Cure in 2016?
Tinnitus is a symptom characterized by perception of real or phantom sounds in one or both of your ears. The sounds could range from ringing, buzzing, humming, whistling, screeching or hissing; and may vary from low to high pitch and periodic to persistent.
Types and Causes of Tinnitus
Tinnitus could be the consequence of either a damaged nerve or hair cell or a muscular or vascular malady. Several anomalies could bring on acute or chronic tinnitus. The common ones include:
- Persistent exposure to loud noise
- Viral infections
- Meniere’s disease
- Wax accumulation in the ear
- Medication side effects
- Age advancement
- Head injury
- Acidic PH of the body
- Increased levels of Stress
Normally the buzzing sound in the ear is only perceived by the sufferer. This is the most common form of tinnitus resulting from a damaged nerve or hair cell.
Pulsatile Tinnitus is another type of tinnitus, where rhythmic sounds are perceived in tandem with the patient’s heartbeat and can be heard both the sufferer and the observer. It occurs due to increased or abnormal blood flow in the neck or head region. This normally happens due to narrowed arteries or plaque formation in the blood vessels.
Treatment Options in 2016
When Tinnitus is a result of a change in external conditions like loud noise exposure etc, it is normally resolved when the causative factor is removed. However, if Tinnitus is a symptom of an unrelated condition like stress or a circulatory issue, you aren’t getting any relief till the root cause is addressed.
Conditions like Pulsatile Tinnitus are typically related to vascular malfunctions rather than anything to do with the ear itself. So, it is imperative to identify the underlying condition for appropriate treatment.
Whilst a slew of conventional medicines like antibiotics, anticonvulsants, and antidepressants have been used to treat Tinnitus, none have been completely successful in cure Tinnitus.
Natural Remedies on the other hand, have made considerable progress in addressing this annoying condition. Their mechanism of action includes potentially benefiting the respective organ systems. Many herbs and natural ingredients have been tested and some have been used in traditional medicines for centuries to alleviate the condition.
So, although there has been no breakthrough medicine discovered in 2016 for Tinnitus, the most popular natural ingredients for this condition include:
- Ginkgo biloba: The internet is strife with reports of either Ginkgo’s medical prowess or it being a total scam herb not displaying any of the therapeutic properties it is being touted for. However, any practitioner of alternative medicine will vouch for this herb since it has been detailed in ancient scientific literature and has evidence based studies in its favor. Ginkgo is traditionally believed to improve blood circulation to the brain and potentially protect nerves, blood vessels and heart muscles from free radical damage.
- Bacopa monnieri: According to Ayurvedic principles, Bacopa monnieri is traditionally believed to help support brain functions. It has excellent soothing properties and potentially exerts a neuroprotective effect by balancing the levels of neurotransmitters and stress hormones.
- Withania somnifera: Also known as Ashwagandha, this herb is famous for its versatile properties that include boosting your supply of antioxidants and regulating the immune system. This herb is traditionally referred to as an adaptogen and is believed to possess nerve rejuvenative properties along with properties that alleviate inflammation, flush toxins, fortify the body, restore vitality, regulate functions of various organs, and reduce stress.
- Aegle marmelos: Traditionally known as bilwa, this herb is known for its anti-inflammatory properties. It is believed to potentially strengthen the nerves, flush toxins and promote longevity and wellbeing.
- Glycyrrhiza glabra: This herb is traditionally believed to strengthen the inner apparatuses of the ear and improve hearing. It also potentially aids in balancing the energetic aspects of the body thereby promoting health and wellbeing.
These are just some of the many herbs available in nature’s repertoire that may help improve the functioning of the auditory nerve, stimulate the inner-ear to maintain its equilibrium in pressured states, balance blood supply to the ears, reduce wax formation and help drain excess fluid accumulated in the ears.
Biogetica has integrated these evidence-based ingredients from various disciplines into one easy to use package that synergistically balances the physical, energetic and informational planes of your existence. Every ingredient is carefully selected keeping in mind bioavailability and energetic sanctity. The end result of our kits is meant to be beyond that of any single ingredient in them. Our mission is to lead you to the ease and freedom you seek. To learn more about our products, services or for any health related concern chat with our Doctors available round the clock at www.biogetica.com now.
Dr Khyati Dave is a licensed Homeopathy Physician and Nutritional Consultant. With Biogetica, she has witnessed many patients, who had otherwise given up hope, heal faster supplemented by our natural methods. She considers consulting Biogetica patients her primary responsibility and honour. She often writes about nutrition, natural treatment methods and diet. Her mission is to apply her medical talents to help each patient heal faster and do her best to give the immunity of patients with so called ‘incurable’ diseases a fighting chance.