All you want to know about Vertigo..? How to Talk to your Family about Vertigo?
Did you know, one in 10 people suffer from Vertigo or dizziness or unsteadiness at any point in life. Normally, your brain recognizes and integrates the signals from your inner ear, eyes, and receptors that sense body movements of limbs and neck region. But, Vertigo creates an illusion of movement and you feel as if the world is moving around you.
What are the causes of Vertigo?
Vertigo is caused due to Meniere’s disease, Vestibular Neuritis, Benign Positional Vertigo and Labyrinthitis, Concussions and Vestibular Migraines. Disturbances in the vestibular system, which is connected to the central nervous system and inner ear lead to Vertigo.
How and When to Talk to your Family about Vertigo?
It is extremely important to inform your family members about your complaints as soon as you feel them. This will give them time to understand you and help you better. So, the most important advice would be to share your symptoms with your family immediately.
Talk to your family members and seek medical help from a doctor if you experience any of the below symptoms:
- Seeing unclear objects or trouble seeing clearly
- Trouble walking
- Weakness in limbs
- Inability to walk without assistance
- Severe headache
- Body temperature greater than 100.40 F
- Numbness and tingling
- Continuous vomiting
You should seek immediate medical help if you are:
- An old age person
- Suffering from High Blood Pressure, cholesterol or diabetes
- Having a past history of stroke
Our doctors are available 24 x 7. Please click here to consult one of our doctors for free!
How do you treat Vertigo?
Well, the treatment depends upon the cause:
- If Vertigo is due to Vestibular Neuritis – Avoid bed rest and get on with your normal life as soon as possible. This will help to give a kick to your brain into compensating with Vertigo.
- If Vertigo is due to Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BBPV), try doing head movements, which will help you reset the inner ear to maintain balance.
- If Vertigo is due to Vestibular Migraines, you can make use of Acupressure Therapy. These patients may be hypersensitive to light, noise and even smells. Try to identify the triggering factors and address them accordingly. Also, try massaging head, neck and face area.
- Try addressing stress if any; as stress is one of the factors that triggers all types of Vertigo.
Most of the people opt for pharmaceuticals. But it is important to know that natural supplements and herbs can help better with no side effects, isn’t that great..? Biogetica has few natural supplements that can help improve the functioning of the Central Nervous System and ears to provide relief. To know more about the supplements that can help you, please contact one of your doctors.
Few of the natural supplements for improving CNS health are listed below:
Dr Khyati Dave is a licensed Homeopathy Physician and Nutritional Consultant. With Biogetica, she has witnessed many patients, who had otherwise given up hope, heal faster supplemented by our natural methods. She considers consulting Biogetica patients her primary responsibility and honour. She often writes about nutrition, natural treatment methods and diet. Her mission is to apply her medical talents to help each patient heal faster and do her best to give the immunity of patients with so called ‘incurable’ diseases a fighting chance.