Suffering from Hiatus Hernia? Hiatus Hernia can often present different symptoms in patients. While some may experience reflux and heartburn on a regular basis, others may only feel slight discomfort when doing strenuous activities. Read on to know more about the symptoms, causes and natural remedies to potentially cure Hiatus Hernia.
A Hiatus Hernia is when the part of your stomach bulges into the chest cavity through an opening from the diaphragm. The diaphragm is the muscle that separates the chest cavity and the abdominal cavity. The opening through which the esophagus enters the stomach is known as a Hiatus, hence this type of Hernia is known as Hiatus Hernia.
Anatomically, the esophagus (food pipe) goes through the Hiatus and attaches to the stomach. The diaphragm is the muscle used for breathing. This condition mainly happens in individuals who are more than 50 years of age.
To know more about these conditions, consult our doctors for free at www.biogetica.com
There are two types of Hiatus Hernia: Sliding Hiatus Hernia and Fixed or Para Oesophageal Hiatus Hernia.
- Sliding Hiatus Hernia: This is the common type of Hiatus Hernia. It occurs when the stomach and Esophagus slide up into your chest cavity through the diaphragm. These types of Hernias are smaller and less severe. Usually, they don’t need any treatment.
- Paraesophageal Hernia: This is the most uncommon type of Hiatus Hernia. It is also known as fixed Hiatus Hernia. In this type of Hernia, the part of the stomach is pushed into the chest cavity through the Hiatus, and remains over there. Most of the time it is not a serious issue. This type of Hernia is of concern when the blood flow to the stomach is blocked and causes damage leading to an emergency.
In many cases, the cause of Hiatus Hernia is unknown. A few of the known causes are:
- Born defect with a large opening that is a Hiatus.
- Increased abdominal pressure, as in the case of pregnancy, obesity, coughing, constipation (straining for stools), lifting heavy weights, etc., can lead to Hiatus Hernia.
- Injury to the diaphragm can cause a Hiatus Hernia.
- Age-related changes to the diaphragm can cause a Hiatus Hernia.
- There are certain risk factors which can lead to Hiatus Hernia like vomiting, smoking, obesity and aging.
The signs and symptoms of hiatus hernia are as follows:
- Bloating sensation.
- Stomach disturbances.
- Shortness of breath.
- Trouble swallowing the food.
- Bitter taste in the mouth.
- Backflow of food from the stomach into your mouth.
- Epigastric pain.
- Cannot pass gases easily.
Once you notice a bulge in your groin that causes discomfort, it’s time to go see a physician. To consult one of our doctors for free, visit www.biogetica.com!
Diagnosis Of Hiatus Hernia
The doctor may perform certain diagnostic tests such as:
- Barium swallow: In this test, the doctor asks you to drink a liquid with barium and then takes X-rays. This x-ray gives a clear view of the gastrointestinal tract. If in the X-ray, the stomach is protruding from the diaphragm, then it is a Hiatus Hernia.
- Endoscopy: In these tests, the doctor slides a thin tube inside your throat and passes it down to the esophagus and stomach. Any strangulation or obstruction will be visible.
- Esophageal Manometer: In this test, a different type of tube is inserted into your throat to check the pressure in the esophagus when you swallow.
Treatment Options For Hiatus Hernia
Here’s why getting your Hernia fixed right the first time is so important.
The conventional treatment of Hiatus Hernia gives only temporary relief from the symptoms, but generally fails to address the root cause of the problem. This treatment includes the use of medications where there is acid reflux or heartburn.
Medications used are H2 receptor blockers, proton pump inhibitors, which lower acid production and neutralise the stomach acid. Medications like Famotidine and cimetidine are the choice of treatment. If medications do not work, then surgery is the option used by doctors. In case of surgical repair, the doctor makes a standard incision in the chest or abdomen, or nowadays laparoscopic surgery is the choice of surgery that takes a short time.
Natural Remedies For Hiatus Hernia
Natural remedies for Hiatus Hernia include the combination of Resonance Homeopathy, Ayurveda and dietary supplements. All these natural supplements are believed to strengthen the smooth muscles and prevent regurgitation of the stomach by supplying the body with the essential vitamins, minerals and nutrients.
To know more about our trendsetting Hiatus Hernia products, you can consult with one of our doctors for free or click on the link https://www.biogetica.com/how-to-find-natural-hiatus-hernia-medicines-treatments-cures
Here are some of the natural ingredients which may potentially help you with hiatus hernia:
- Zingiber officinale: Studies suggest that this remedy is believed to normalise the digestive processes and maintains enzyme production too. 
Preventive Measures For Hiatus Hernia
- Avoid bending or lying down when your stomach is full, as this may increase abdominal pressure and make heartburn.
- After eating, do not bend over for the next two to three hours.
- Always sleep, keeping your head at a higher level of about 6-inches than the feet.
- Always wear loose clothing, especially around your waist.
- Reduce your food intake at a time.
- Limit fried and fatty foods which can cause indigestion.
- Caffeine must be restricted.
- Quit smoking.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Citrus foods like oranges, lemons, cranberry, etc., must be avoided.
- Chocolate can cause uneasiness.
- Sauces like tomato sauce, salsa, chilli sauce and pizza sauce are heavy to digest.
- Avoid alcohol consumption.
- Carbonated beverages must be avoided.
- Dairy products like ice cream, creamy food and whole milk must be avoided.
- Oil and butter must be avoided.
- Garlic and onions must be consumed in small portions.
The following foods are low-acid producing foods and are less likely to aggravate your Hiatus Hernia symptoms:
- Broccoli, carrots, green beans and peas.
- Water must be consumed in large amounts.
- Fat-free cheese and cream cheese.
- Chicken and fish, but with less spices.
- Baked potato chips.
- Low-fat sweets.
- Cereals and grains.
- Bread, pasta and rice.
- Non-citrus fruits and juices.
Home Remedies For Hiatus Hernia
- Chamomile Tea – This tea may help in reducing acidity, and is also rich in its anti-inflammatory properties. In a cup of water, add a tsp of chamomile tea and boil for 5 minutes. Strain the mixture and drink the tea.
- Slippery Elm Tea – This tea may help to get relief from heartburn. It has soothing and anti-inflammatory properties. Mix two tsp of slippery elm tea powder in a glass of hot water and drink it.
- Cinnamon – Take a half tsp of cinnamon powder in a glass of warm water; drink this mixture twice a day. The main component of cinnamon is Cinnamaldehyde which relieves acid reflux.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – It produces an alkaline effect in the body. In a glass of warm water, add a few drops of raw apple cider vinegar. It must be consumed before meals every day.
- Warm Water – Drinking warm water just after waking up in the morning helps to relax the abdominal muscles and relieve the Hernia symptoms.
- Self Massage – A gentle self-massage at the upper abdominal region helps many times to relieve the pain. Massage it for at least 5 minutes.
- Yoga – Yoga poses like a cobra pose and bow pose must be avoided, as they increase the abdominal pressure and increase Hernia symptoms.
Natural remedies for hiatus hernia are a combination of Homeopathic formulations, Ayurvedic herbs, and dietary supplements. These natural supplements along with an improved lifestyle and adequate diet may help to address all the aspects of Hiatus Hernia. Biogetica combines all these natural remedies to target the Hernia cause in an integrated manner from its root cause so that the effects can last for a long time. All the Biogetica products are strongly supported with clinical data from Ayurveda and Homeopathy, and are supported by modern research and clinical trials.
If you want to know more about our natural, safe, and effective natural remedies for Hiatus Hernia, consult our doctors for free or click on the link https://www.biogetica.com/how-to-find-natural-hiatus-hernia-medicines-treatments-cures