- ABOUT US
- OUR APPROACH
- CLINICAL TRIALS
- TV INTERVIEW
Hypertension Related InformationMain
- Treatment Options for Hypertension
- About Hypertension
- Diet Recommendations
- Our Approach
- Our Assurance Consult with a Biogetica Practitioner
Hypertension is a Serious Condition That Requires Medical Attention!!
The heart generally increases blood pressure when blood is not reaching the organs like the kidneys and liver, owing to deposits and blockages in the blood vessels of these organs. Holistic Doctors believe that these deposits and blockages in the organs are the main root cause of hypertension. It is, however, unfortunate that Hypertensive medications lower blood pressure without addressing the root cause. This then leads to many who are taking blood pressure lowering medication to have organ failures later in life, as those organs get starved of blood for years. Hence it is also important for those suffering from high blood pressure to balance their entire circulatory system and cleanse their organs.
FDA Approved Hypertension Treatments
Anti Hypertensive drugs including Diuretics, Angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors, Angiotensin II receptor blockers (ARBs), Beta blockers, and Calcium channel blockers (CCBs) are the most popular FDA approved treatments of Hypertension or High Blood Pressure and you should consult a licensed Doctor for the diagnosis, treatment and "cure" of Hypertension. We empathize completely with your pain and suffering and want to do whatever we can to help you. Homeopathy is considered to be medicine in USA but our precedent setting Resonance Homeopathies cannot be used for over the counter treatment of Hypertension. Homeopathy is also considered medicine in Europe and the laws there regarding it are more accommodating. Ayurveda is only considered medicine in India and TCM is accepted as medicine in China. Supplements can only be used and marketed to support the structure and functions of the body and cannot be used to treat any ailment.
Do High Blood Pressure Drugs Really Cure Hypertension?
All the different FDA approved drugs are known to only treat the symptoms superficially and not address the root cause of the problem. Most of the drugs aim to lower blood pressure by either inhibiting impulses, receptors or hormones that contract blood vessels so that they remain relaxed thus lowering BP; or flush water and salt from your body thereby reducing the volume of the blood; or make the heart beat slow down so that it pumps with lesser force. They do nothing to address the blockages in the organs which are causing the heart to pump harder.
There could be several factors that contribute to your high BP and your Doctor needs to make a right diagnosis to choose the right type of medication and this often leads to considerable trial and error.
Typically conventional medicines are known to cause a host of side effects. For e.g. Diuretics could cause Kidney damage, erectile dysfunction, digestive disorders, vision problems and loss of other vital minerals among others.
Potential side effects of (ACE) inhibitors include a persistent dry cough, loss of taste and skin rashes.
Calcium channel blockers may cause dizziness, constipation, palpitations etc.
Thus, hypertensive drugs need to be monitored regularly.
Research on Natural Supplements, Herbs and Homeopathy
High Blood pressure drugs become a routine for life because eating them keeps blood pressure in check, although the root cause remains untreated. However, new researches on numerous herbs and homeopathic remedies have been taking place globally to find other ways of restoring balance in the cardiovascular system.
Below is information on the more compelling and popular ones. Please note that these are most likely not studied by and approved as treatments or cures by the FDA and therefore cannot be labeled or sold as a hypertension treatment or hypertension cure legally. You are however free to take them for circulatory balance. Each country’s law on natural treatments is different. Only the FDA can determine if something should be called a treatment or not.
Biogetica does its best to balance your right to know with the laws of the land. We strive each day to bring nature back to medicine.
Research on Herbal Ingredients
Garlic: This plant bulb is very popular and is routinely used in ayurveda for its multifarious properties. Garlic is believed to possess constituents that help relax blood vessels, inhibit the function of enzymes responsible for contracting blood vessels, reduce cholesterol thereby removing deposited plaques and activate enzymes that relax blood vessels. Meta-analysis of Garlic studies suggests that garlic may improve blood circulation in the body.1
Cardamom: These small pods are rich in antioxidants and minerals that help in optimal functioning of the heart. At the end of a 12 week clinical study on a test group; results suggested that the cardamom dose significantly balanced blood circulation and inhibited clot formation and growth.2
Hibiscus sabdariffa: This herb is believed to flush sodium from the blood stream consequently lowering blood volume. It is also potentially thought to hamper the enzymes that contract blood vessels and thus can help regulate blood pressure in the body.In a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial, patients given servings of the extract for 6 weeks reported beneficial effects of the herb on blood pressure readings.3
Research on Homeopathic Ingredients
Several Homeopathic ingredients have also been studied for Circulatory balance.
A randomized double-blind controlled study showed that Hypertensive patients on homeopathic remedies for 6 weeks reported significant decrease in blood pressure readings with substantial relief from other undesirable manifestations. The remedies were well tolerated with no side effects reported.4
Rauwolfia serpentina: It is a woody plant routinely used in folklore medicines to alleviate a number of problems. The plant contains reserpine, which is believed to support the normal functioning of blood vessels. A clinical study demonstrated that the extract helped lower systolic blood pressure in 85% of patients and diastolic blood pressure in 81% of patients.5
Crataegus oxyacantha: This herb also known as Hawthorn seems to exert a host of benefits on cardiovascular health, including reduction of blood pressure, prevention of clots, and increase in blood circulation. A multicentre, double-blind comparative study between the hawthorn extract and captopril on 132 patients saw both the test agents reduce blood flow resistance; however, hawthorn had the added advantage of being a cardio-tonic as well.6
A Healthy Circulatory System is Essential to a Good Life!
Herbs, Supplements, Ayurveda, Homeopathy, Meditation, diet and exercise are all believed to help keep your Circulatory system working optimally! Biogetica brings them into your life from the far corners of this earth, in a unique set of products and services designed to accompany you back to health and wellness.** Cardiac and circulatory health is essential for all regardless of their present condition and even more important if your body is giving you warning signs by raising blood pressure.
Consult With one of our Homeopathic or Ayurvedic Specialists Now!
Our Natural Health Practitioners will guide you to understand and balance your constitution and circulatory system. ** They may also help you cleanse your organs to bring them back to optimal functions. Now is a great moment to start the journey back to health and freedom! Each journey begins with one step. Your heart is not something our heart will let us ignore.
The complementary advice of our naturally inclined Homeopathic or Ayurvedic practitioners does not replace the advice of a licensed Doctor in your state. Our message is one of love, not hate. We don't claim to cure or treat any disease, but endeavor to be with you every step of the way, to ease.**
Only Biogetica Doctors have access to our unique line of groundbreaking, precedent setting, all natural products consisting of evidence based ayurvedic herbs, advanced resonance homeopathic ingredients and nutraceuticals.
Browse Through our FULL SPECTRUM Circulatory Support Kits
Our Full spectrum kits are a synergistic combination of evidence based natural solutions that will potentially lead you back to health and freedom.** Our multidisciplinary natural kits meticulously deliver the best the earth has to offer for circulatory balance to your doorstep.
P.S. We put people before profits and will deliver these services to you against any donation if you truly cannot afford them. You may email us on email@example.com if you wish to avail of this donation based program.
Treatment Options for Hypertension
Allopathic treatments for Hypertension include:
Beta Adrenergic Antagonists such as atenolol, metroprolol, propranolol, pinodalol. These drugs have a lot of side-effects such as Raynaud's phenomenon, impotence, loss of sleep, depression and nasal congestion. Abrupt withdrawal can result in angina pectoris.
Alpha adrenergic antagonists such as Prazosin, Doxazosin and Phentolamine. Side-effects of these include, syncope, drowsiness, and headache.
Alpha & Beta adrenergic blockers such as abetalol. These cause paraesthesia, postural hypotension and positive antinuclear antibody.
Centrally acting adrenergic agents e.g. Clonidine. The side-effects include drowsiness, dry mouth, glactorrhara and sexual dysfunction.
Calcium channel Antagonists such as Verapamil, Diltizem, Nifedipine, Amlodipine, and Nicardipine. Side-effects like nausea, headache, rash, edema, flushing, and constipation show up after long periods of use.
Angiotensin converting enzyme Inhibitors e.g. Captopril, Enalapril, Ramipril, etc. The side-effects include dry cough, hypotension, angioneurotic oedema, glomerulopathy and leucopoenia.
Diuretics such as hydrochlorothiazide, Furesenide, Spironalactone, etc. The side-effects include weakness, muscle cramps, impotence, pancreatitis ototoxicity and gynecomastia.
Directly acting vasodilators such as hydralazine, minoxidil. The side-effects are headache, nausea, systemic lupus like syndrome and weight gain.
In cases of severe hypertension that is uncontrollable, intravenous drugs such as Sodium Nitroprusside, Nitroglycerine, Labetalol, Esmalol are used. But these also have their side-effects.
Complementary Natural Care
Hypertension or high blood pressure cannot be treated with over the counter homeopathy, Ayurveda or Supplements in most countries. No Natural products are approved by the FDA for Hypertension treatment. Natural products at best can be used for general cardiac and circulatory health.
Our ground breaking therapeutic kits are a combination of Advanced Nutraceuticals, Standardized herbal extracts and bio-energetic resonance homeopathies that are traditionally believed to balance the circulatory system.**
General Precautionary measures
Due to increasing stress levels and sedentary lifestyles, hypertension or high blood pressure has become a major lifestyle concern today. The body increases its blood pressure to compensate for poor supply of blood supply to the organs, more so when the blood vessels are clogged with fat, thrombotic or calciferous accumulations. The following general precautionary measures against Hypertension are highly recommended.
a) Weight reduction, especially in patients who weigh more than 10% of their ideal body weight
b) Reduction in Alcohol consumption.
c) Dietary management: Salt restriction; Restriction in the intake of saturated fats; Caloric restriction should be urged in overweight Patients. Potassium supplements are advised in cases of decreased potassium levels.
d) Regular exercise such as walking, running, swimming etc.
e) Relieving stress with relaxation methods such as listening to music, gardening, playing games, yoga and meditation.
The causes of hypertension are as follows:
1. Essential Hypertension: It is also known as Primary or Idiopathic hypertension. A patient suffering from this type of hypertension has no definable cause for it. 92-94% of hypertensive patients have primary hypertension. Age, race, sex, smoking, alcohol intake, serum cholesterol, glucose intolerance and weight may all alter the prognosis of this disease. The younger the patient when hypertension is first noted, the greater is the reduction in life expectancy, if the hypertension is left untreated.
A number of lifestyle and environmental factors have been implicated in the development of hypertension. These include obesity, occupation, alcohol intake, family size and crowding. Increased salt intake can also lead to or aggravate essential hypertension.
Renin, an enzyme secreted by the kidneys is observed to behave differently in hypertensive subjects than in normatensive (normal blood pressure) individuals.
Insulin resistance and/or hyperinsulinemia have also been suggested as being responsible for increased blood pressure in some patients with hypertension.
Genetics is considered to be an important contributory factor in the development of hypertension.
2. Secondary Hypertension: Patients suffering from this type of hypertension have a definable cause for it.
a) Renal Hypertension: Hypertension produced by kidney diseases like narrowing of the blood vessels supplying blood to kidney and kidney stones.
b) Endocrine Hypertension: caused due to adrenal gland abnormalities, hyperparathyroidism or oral contraceptives.
c) Hypertension due to Coarctation of the Aorta i.e. narrowing or constriction of the lumen of the aorta (main artery, arising from the heart).
Hypertension usually causes no symptoms. It often goes undetected till it results in some complication, or it is discovered by a doctor who measures blood pressure as part of a routine check-up. A patient suffering from hypertension may have the following symptoms:
1. Headache in the occipital region, dizziness, palpitation, etc, due to elevated blood pressure.
2. Epistaxis (bleeding nose), haematuria (blood in Urine), blurring of vision, dizziness due to transient cerebral ischaemia (decreased blood supply to brain), angina pectoris (chest pain) due to hypertensive vascular disease.
3. Symptoms of underlying disease in case of secondary hypertension such as:
- History of weight gain, round face with truncal obesity in Cushing's Syndrome (disease of adrenal gland)
- History of recent weight loss with flushing, increased perspiration, diarrhea in pheochromocytoma (disease of adrenal gland)
- Muscular development in the upper extremities out of proportion to that of muscular development of lower extremities in coarctation of the aorta, etc.
It is diagnosed by the physician after a clinical examination of the patient, i.e. Blood Pressure check up.
If the patient's BP is above the normal level it is termed as hypertension.
The normal Blood Pressure of an adult is 120/80 mmHg.
120mmHg is called Systolic blood pressure. Normal systolic pressure for an adult is 120 to 140mmHg.
Systolic pressure exceeding 140mmHg is taken as systolic hypertension.
Normal diastolic pressure for an adult is 70 to 90 mmHg. Diastolic pressure more than 90 mmHg is called as diastolic hypertension.
Thus in general, blood pressure above 140/90mmHg is considered as hypertensive blood pressure.
A systolic pressure between 140 to 159 mmHg is called mild systolic hypertension.
A systolic pressure between 160 to 179 mmHg is called moderate systolic hypertension.
A systolic pressure between 180 to 210 mmHg is called severe systolic hypertension.
A diastolic pressure between 96 mmHg and 109 mmHg is mild diastolic hypertension.
A diastolic pressure between 110mmHg and 119mmHg is called moderate diastolic hypertension.
A diastolic pressure of more than 119mmHg is called severe diastolic hypertension.
After discovering high blood pressure, the physician advises investigations such as ECG, X-Ray of the chest, urine routine and microscopic examination, Serum potassium, Serum creatinine, Serum cholesterol and blood sugar levels.
On clinical examination, if the physician suspects some disorder to be responsible for hypertension i.e. secondary hypertension, he advises further investigations such as Abdominal sonography, ESR, urine VMA estimation (24hrs), Nuclear renal scan, vascular doppler studies of various vessels.
Complications of Untreated Hypertension:
- Heart failure
- Myocardial Infarction
- Angina pectoris
- Cerebral Infarction (Stroke)
- Cerebral hemorrhage
- Choose your Fruits and Vegetables wisely, they should offer nutritional as well as eliminate excess fluid from our body.
- Several vegetables and fruits have diuretic properties, so try these as much as possible.
- Fruits- Watermelon, Musk melon/cantaloupe, Blueberries, Lemon.
- Vegetables - Asparagus, Artichokes, Beets, Brussels Sprouts, Cabbage, Celery, carrots, Cucumber, Dadelion, Drumsticks (Moringa leaf/seed pods), Eggplant, Lettuce, Tomatoes, Watercress etc...
- Certain herbs, such as garlic, ginger, fennel, onion, hawthorn, Dandelion, horse radish and parsley are beneficial in managing high blood pressure.
- Avoid highly salted foods, such as chips, nuts, pretzels, corned meat, processed meats, sausages and takeaway food.
- Avoid salty condiments such as packet sauces, soy sauce and mayonnaise.
- Restrict the intake of processed and canned foods, as they provide a good supply of sodium.
- Avoid alcoholic and caffeinated beverages.
- Avoid diets rich in saturated fats, trans fats and high glycemic index foods
Biogetica's approach to healing is based on the following:
1. HEAL THE ENTIRE BEING:
2. LOOK FOR NATURAL SOLUTIONS:
3. APPEAL TO THE BALANCING FORCES INHERENT IN ALL NATURE:
4. 'FROM MEDICATION TO MEDITATION':
1. HEAL THE ENTIRE BEING: Biogetica has a unique and comprehensive Holographic model of healing which synthesizes all the traditional natural health systems to simultaneously ease physical, mental, emotional layers of your being.
You, as a living, thinking, feeling, vibrating being, are much more than a collection of inter-related chemical processes. You are life itself. Life can never be reduced to a series of chemical reactions as chemical reactions cannot create life. Every thought, emotion, vibration or action leads to a series of chemical changes in the body. Biogetica recognizes this and balances the ENTIRE BEING, bringing mind, body and soul into harmony. Treating an ailment on molecular level alone, seldom has a lasting effect as the untreated social, emotional, mental, spiritual and energetic patterns cause the ailment to manifest once again on a physical plane. Holistic healing is necessary for lasting relief. Biogetica, therefore, uses Resonance Homeopathic to harmonize the entire being; flower essences to attune the mind; Ayurvedic, Tibetan and Chinese herbs to balance the energetic and the physiological manifestation of the five elements; and nutraceuticals to coordinate cellular nutrition.
2. LOOK FOR NATURAL SOLUTIONS: Our bodies are made of and supported by nature and therefore can only be healed by nature in the long term. Chemicals are often necessary for immediate change in an acute situation but tend to do the body more harm than good in the long run. Hence, Biogetica’s Doctors are dedicated to providing natural solutions that are supported by evidence and prior use. To us, the argument is fairly obvious: One would use wood to fix a desk made of wood or metal to fix a car made of metal, so why use chemicals to fix a body made of nature?
Nature has blessed the Earth with natural remedies and healing mechanisms. It would be wise not to ignore them. The intelligence of nature is much greater than that of man. Unfortunately, man still focuses on chemical medicines, as they can be patented and sold for huge profits. Allopathic attempts to treat chronic ailments by interfering directly with the chemical processes using man-made substances, has essentially been a failure. We claim to be cracking the gene code, but we still can't cure a cold with man-made substances!!! Homeopathic and Naturopathic methods are never studied and verified by governing bodies, as there is no one who will spend millions obtaining an approval on herbs, knowing that they cannot be patented and sold exclusively by them.
3. APPEAL TO THE BALANCING FORCES INHERENT IN ALL NATURE: Life cannot be recreated with chemical interactions and there is much more to life than molecular interactions. Our bodies are the most advanced pharmacies on the planet and millions of functions happen each minute with astounding precision. Biogetica therapies are designed to appeal to the balancing forces apparent in all nature by reminding and stimulating the body towards a certain function. The nutraceuticals in our kits provide specific nutrition for a function, the herbs in our kits balance the terrain of the body so that it is able to perform that function and the resonance homeopathics are designed to remind the body to be in resonance with that very function.
4. 'FROM MEDICATION TO MEDITATION' : Good health and freedom involves every aspect of our being including diet, lifestyle, exercise, emotional states, thoughts and energetic patterns. Biogetica Drs have therefore designed diet, nutrition, exercise and meditation protocols specific to various life situations. We encourage you to actively partake in these for best results.
Please visit (www.biogetica.com/tv_interview.php) for a TV interview that discusses our approach.
Hypertension can be life threatening. These supplementary therapies are not meant as a replacement for medical advice and treatment. They are not meant to diagnose, mitigate, prevent, cure or treat any disease. please consult your doctor. Please take all medications suggested to you by your doctor and monitor your blood pressure daily.
We have a 100% money-back guarantee, to support our firm belief in our products, and to build trust in customers who have been facing battles they thought would be lifelong! If you are not 100% better, you may return the products within 90 days of your order date for a full refund of the purchase price. or alternatively request a free consultation and additional remedies. Our mission is fulfilled only when you are better. Hence, we stand by our customers and do what it takes to make you feel great! We can afford to do this, because the customers who re-order or refer us to friends and family, are 20 times more than those who ask for a return. So, go ahead and give us a try. You'll be glad you did.
© Biogetica 2014. All rights reserved.