Diet for Leucorrhea
Diet Remedies for Leucorrhea
Along with taking leucorrhea medications in the form of oral drugs and topical ointments, following a dietary pattern is also considered to be important. Including fresh fruits and vegetables and excluding meat and spicy foods can help keep leucorrhea symptoms at bay.
LEUCORRHEA DIET RECOMMENDATIONS
WHAT IS LEUCORRHEA?
Leucorrhea is a whitish or yellowish vaginal discharge and is one of the most common problems a woman experiences. Every woman may suffer from leucorrhea at least once in her lifetime. Medications and ointments play an important role in the treatment; however, research suggests diet also plays a significant role in recovering from symptoms like vaginal discharge, itching, and backache. Read More
We are providing the necessary food recommendations for Leucorrhea that can help.
- Include bananas, cranberries, oranges, lemons, black plums, okra, leafy greens, onions, brown rice, yogurt, as well as healthy herbs and spices such as ginger, garlic, fenugreek and coriander
- Include foods rich in fiber, protein, carbohydrates and other essential nutrients as they not only help treat leucorrhea but also prevent its recurrence.
- You can eat plenty of nuts, whole grains, and seeds.
Foods for Moderate Consumption:
- Avoid white sugar products
Foods to avoid
- Avoid spicy and fried food completely.
- Avoid food made of white flour
- Avoid tea, coffee, alcohol, and other condiments
- Avoid tinned/ canned food
- It is best to avoid all types of meat while suffering from leucorrhea as they will only worsen the condition.
- Avoid eggs, bread, mushrooms, sweets and any other food items that have been fermented.
- Fenugreek tea used as a douche is very effective in clearing leucorrhea.
- Rice water: Wash rice and strain it. Add honey or sugar to this water to sweeten it, before consuming it. This is a good remedy to get rid of itchiness and fatigue.
- A cold hip bath twice a day for 10 minutes will help relieve congestion in the pelvic region and facilitate quick elimination of morbid matter.
- A douche for the vaginal tract made with a decoction of the bark of banyan and fig tree is effective in treating Leucorrhoea. One tablespoon each of the powders of the bark of both the trees should be boiled in one liter of water till it reduces to half. Douching with this lukewarm decoction will keep the vaginal tract healthy.