10 Easy Ways to Keep Acne at bay
Acne is a common skin crisis. It plagues people of all ages, although teenagers are affected the most due to increased hormone secretions. Other factors responsible for acne include bacterial infection, loss of sleep, excessive mental stress, an unhealthy diet and hectic lifestyles. Acne can occur on the chest, back, shoulders and face. There are many common home remedies for acne that can help minimize the problem.
- Baking soda has mild antiseptic properties. It is a wonderful home remedy that exfoliates your skin. It declogs your skin pores and helps regulate the pH balance. It also acts as an anti-inflammatory agent. You can apply a paste of baking soda on the affected areas and rinse it off after half an hour.
- Oatmeal is also an excellent home remedy. It cleanses your skin deeply and exfoliates it naturally. Take a bowl of cooked oatmeal and add one teaspoon of honey and one teaspoon of lemon juice. Mix it together, apply it on your skin and leave for half an hour. Rinse with lukewarm water.
- Lemon juice is rich in Vitamin C and is acidic in nature. It is therefore a useful home remedy for getting rid of acne. Lemon juice removes dirt from the skin pores and helps constrict them owing to its astringent properties. Rub a small slice of lemon on your skin or spot apply and leave it for an hour. Rinse your face thereafter. If applying lemon juice directly causes skin irritation, dilute it with water or apply mixed with yogurt.
- The toothpaste that is used for cleaning teeth can also be an excellent remedy for acne. It is cost effective and an easy to apply remedy. Apply a small amount of toothpaste on the affected parts of your skin at night. It will reduce swelling and dry out the zit.
- Take fresh grapes and mash them in a bowl. Apply it all over your affected skin. Leave it for half an hour and rinse with lukewarm water. It acts as an anti-oxidant and cleanses your skin.
- Cucumber is a versatile home remedy. Blend one small cucumber and mix it with yoghurt and oatmeal. Apply this mixture on your face and leave it for half an hour and rinse with cold water. It makes your skin smooth and fresh.
- Honey is a wonderful home remedy to prevent acne and scars. Rinse your face with lukewarm water. Apply honey on your face and leave it for half an hour. Rinse it off with cold water. It cleanses your pores and prevents recurrent infection.
- Prepare a mixture by adding one teaspoon of brewer’s yeast with plain yoghurt. Apply it gently over the affected parts of your skin. Leave it for 10-15 minutes and rinse with warm water.
- An egg face mask is an excellent acne remedy as well. Beat one egg and mix one teaspoon of lemon juice. Apply it all over the face and leave for half an hour. Wash your face with clean water.
- A turmeric face mask is also useful in getting rid of acne. Take half cup chickpea flour, two teaspoons of turmeric powder, sandalwood powder with almond oil and water to prepare a paste. Apply this paste on your face and other affected areas of your skin.
Apart from the listed natural tips, one must remember that a holistic approach targeted at all the root imbalances is a prerogative for clear, glowing and flawless skin. Anything else is just a temporary fix that will lead you to tackling one zit after the next.
Many conventional acne treatments have failed to make a mark because they only offer symptomatic relief. However, recent advances in natural therapies have now made it possible to fight against skin problems such as acne without the potential side effects of synthetic medicines.
Biogetica gives you the best natural therapies in the form of Ayurvedic herbs, Homotoxological and resonance Homeopathic remedies, along with Nutraceuticals and Biotechnological products that work naturally to restore hormonal balance and the natural secretions of your body and skin. Our products are formulated to bring a balance across the physical, energetic and informational spectra of your being because not only does your body need certain molecules it also needs energetic balance and informational reminders of optimal functioning. To know more about our products and get free consultations on any health related concern consult for free with our Doctors at www.biogetica.com.
So, the next time you see a zit invading your face, try one of these natural remedies before splurging on chemical creams and hard to believe procedures that not only wring your wallet but also assault your skin and do you more harm than good